Out & About

TexasTVNews

WUSA morning anchor Mike Hydeck joining WVIT effective October. Also leaving the WUSA morning team is Allyson Rae who will be going to WBBH.

Lately I've seen Larry Miller fill in for Mike and it was already announced that Miri Marshall will be taking over for Allyson.

So in the better part of a year or so, the morning team at WUSA has essentially been 100% replaced. Jan Jeffcoat moved to mornings, with Andrea Roane demoted to noon/evening fill-in duties, plus what I mentioned above.

[MEDIA=twitter]907369109893021697[/MEDIA]

Not just with the team, but they tried to switch up the format IIRC a few months ago by using the Great Day Washington set too...

• Like 1

Finally caught WMAR's Midday Maryland. The show seems to have pretaped segments. The show starts with the hosts, Elsa M. And Wyatt Everhart, each sitting either side of a TV monitor - ones a single chair and the others a love seat as the "hard set" of a virtual set. They introduce the lineup, opening credits start and the hosts are apart for the rest of the show. The first segment was done by Elsa and was a paid spot by Saiontz & Kirk (a Baltimore and DC law firm that advertises heavily) giving general legal advice - there were no "submitted questions" and will be a Tuesday feature. Right after that they cut to break and there was a recorded weathercast. The B block was about back to school and they talked to high school seniors from the Indian Creek School singing praises - complete with a slideshow. I initially thought this was a paid promotion but it wasn't based on how Wyatt and the kids sung the praises given how this is when parents start looking for schools for next year. I also thought the C block was promotiom. It was on the kitchen set where Wyatt interviewed the general manager and the head who made their specialty drinks (but no ingredients or instructions). The D block was done in a portion of WMAR's old set that it appears that they salvaged Elsa was interviewing a musician from the area and has been touring the world the past year. The closing had both hosts sitting in their virtual domain.

IMG_9171.thumb.jpg.4dcd7cb908a5850eed8e6a7737ab3d01.jpg

IMG_9146.thumb.jpg.a576c6027ea630be77900fdef81f474d.jpg

IMG_9148.thumb.jpg.672aac5a0d6596f3a5940f9b72e6a29b.jpg

IMG_9150.thumb.jpg.7b47a83e858ce27822e6dbb7ea464720.jpg

IMG_9170.thumb.jpg.4915df7780b05eb87a37ee189aca1512.jpg

• Like 4

Finally caught WMAR's Midday Maryland. The show seems to have pretaped segments. The show starts with the hosts, Elsa M. And Wyatt Everhart, each sitting either side of a TV monitor - ones a single chair and the others a love seat as the "hard set" of a virtual set. They introduce the lineup, opening credits start and the hosts are apart for the rest of the show. The first segment was done by Elsa and was a paid spot by Saiontz & Kirk (a Baltimore and DC law firm that advertises heavily) giving general legal advice - there were no "submitted questions" and will be a Tuesday feature. Right after that they cut to break and there was a recorded weathercast. The B block was about back to school and they talked to high school seniors from the Indian Creek School singing praises - complete with a slideshow. I initially thought this was a paid promotion but it wasn't based on how Wyatt and the kids sung the praises given how this is when parents start looking for schools for next year. I also thought the C block was promotiom. It was on the kitchen set where Wyatt interviewed the general manager and the head who made their specialty drinks (but no ingredients or instructions). The D block was done in a portion of WMAR's old set that it appears that they salvaged Elsa was interviewing a musician from the area and has been touring the world the past year. The closing had both hosts sitting in their virtual domain.

[ATTACH]4535[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4536[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4537[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4539[/ATTACH]

Looks similar to WKBW's AM Buffalo (which dates back to 1965 but has been operating under the same infotainment setup for well over a decade).

Not news-related, but WYCC will sign off the air on October 25. Chicago will only have WTTW and WYIN as their PBS stations.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/09/19/robservations-wycc-signing-off-air-october-25/

Second PBS station to sign-off in October, right after WUSF-TV 16 in Tampa, which will sign-off 10 days earlier on October 15th.

Not worth warranting a new thread but I'm wondering about the ram boards - the brown paper placed on the finished floor during studio remodels. I've seen in many time lapse videos that once it's laid down it appears that the ramboards remain under the permanent set structures. So are they removed underneath someway or does it remain underneath and the protection remains underneath?

More changes at WMC Memphis:

Meteorologist Andrew Kozak has seemed to indicate that he will be leaving the station by the end of the month. No additional details yet, however. Kozak was moved to weekends from the weekday 12/4PM shift a while back. Here is his Twitter post (see replies as well):

[MEDIA=twitter]910996747996008448[/MEDIA]

Elsewhere, anchor Kendall Kirkham, who was also moved to weekends recently (from the weekday morning show), will now be anchoring weekend mornings for a little while instead of weekend evenings. She posted on Facebook that she hopes to have more news in the future as well. And Janeen Gordon has announced that she will no longer be anchoring the station's weekday morning 4:30AM newscast, although she will remain on-air from 5-8:30AM as traffic tracker. She, too, posted that she has "more to come."

• Like 4

Been thinking lately about WRAL and the Olympics this year, I wonder how they're going to handle the Raycom ACC package during prime time? I assume they could send basketball over to FOX 50, because putting it on a subchannel would piss a lot of people off, especially bar owners that have Directv/Dish Network and no subchannels, and I can't imagine NBC would be too happy about them delaying/moving the Olympics to a subchannel either.

Food for thought lately.

Gene Kang out at KFMB, will be freelancing Market #2. Station to be announced shortly.

Most likely KCBS/KCAL, since there's a picture of him sitting behind the KCBS newsroom desk back in late August.

Freelancing at KCBS....how glamorous does it get?

Interesting choice.

There is a lot more to this that I need to process.

At this point, I doubt he even cares if it's at 2, as long as he can say he's working in LA. But KCBS seems to be operating full speed on the freelance route, so he's going to need a lot of luck and time to get a contract. IIR, Kristine LaZar became full time a while back, after almost 10 years of freelancing at 2.

At this point, I doubt he even cares if it's at 2, as long as he can say he's working in LA. But KCBS seems to be operating full speed on the freelance route, so he's going to need a lot of luck and time to get a contract. IIR, Kristine LaZar became full time a while back, after almost 10 years of freelancing at 2.

He will get steady work for a few months...

Then he will have to find a "real" job and roommate...waiting tables in weho during the week just to afford the rent.

Maybe Gene and Chase Cain can be roomies...and share war stories of the tough ladder they both climbed to the

"top"...or share Chihuahua grooming tips.

KFMB must really suck if people are ditching full-time gigs for questionable L.A. gig's with no bennies and a cash take-home of about $220 per day before taxes and insurance.

He will get steady work for a few months...

Then he will have to find a "real" job and roommate...waiting tables in weho during the week just to afford the rent.

Maybe Gene and Chase Cain can be roomies...and share war stories of the tough ladder they both climbed to the

"top"...or share Chihuahua grooming tips.

KFMB must really suck if people are ditching full-time gigs for questionable L.A. gig's with no bennies and a cash take-home of about $220 per day before taxes and insurance.

He had no choice but to leave KFMB, since his husband got a job in LA. He's a good reporter, he might find something full time down the road.

• Like 1

He had no choice but to leave KFMB, since his husband got a job in LA. He's a good reporter, he might find something full time down the road.

Ohhhhhhhhh...

I didn't know hubby got a job up there.

I was hoping for something a bit more sinister and gossipy.

Hey did ya see KGTV hired Justin Bieber to report???

Now Bree Stephans will have a date to the Prom.

• Like 2

WVEC launched a new, more dramatic format for their 11pm newscast last night, "Now at Eleven".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h=1;id=P4tevoFeHE4;m=3;s=55

It's becoming more evident that Philip Townsend is being groomed to take over for whenever David Alan retires...

Isn't this like the mess their sister station was starting, WTSP?

Ohhhhhhhhh...

I didn't know hubby got a job up there.

I was hoping for something a bit more sinister and gossipy.

Hey did ya see KGTV hired Justin Bieber to report???

Now Bree Stephans will have a date to the Prom.

Are you referring to Matt Boone, or another new guy they just hired? The name escapes me...

Are you referring to Matt Boone, or another new guy they just hired? The name escapes me...

It's a lil fuzz nubber named Travis Rice...from WCBD in Charlston SC.

I had a screen grab but got scared and threw it away... cuz this guy looks underage...I don't want to go to jail this week.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic