Out & About

TexasTVNews

Hugh-Hefner-the-Perverted-Old-Man--80260.thumb.jpg.49b5916d5bcdfee3041bd10f62145122.jpg

Newsy is going to cable! Like actual cable, not the OTA market. It's taking over Retirement Living TV.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/local-tv/scripps-owned-newsy-becoming-cable-channel-after-rltv-purchase/168360

Thank God RLTV is gone...

That channel was getting way too racy for me with it's almost foul language and overly sexual content.

Hugh-Hefner-the-Perverted-Old-Man--80260.thumb.jpg.49b5916d5bcdfee3041bd10f62145122.jpg

• Like 1

Newsy is going to cable! Like actual cable, not the OTA market. It's taking over Retirement Living TV.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/local-tv/scripps-owned-newsy-becoming-cable-channel-after-rltv-purchase/168360

whats worse is that they are not in HD so everything they show will be letterboxed!

[ATTACH=full]4453[/ATTACH] For the first time in history, the Terre Haute, Indiana market officially has all the major television networks. Starting today, WTHI-TV will be airing the CW network on 10-3

I thought they'd carried The CW since August 1st (I think it aired on 10.4?). The sister station in Lafo, WLFI is also carrying it (18.2).

Miri Marshall who recently left WBAL as their weekend morning Meteorologist has moved down the road to WUSA. She will be the weekday morning Meteorologist starting next month.

She's starting this weekend because of Irma and from what I gather, WUSA will go with two meteorologists in the morning as the other DC stations do. (WRC has Chuck Bell & Sheena Parveen, WTTG has Mike Thomas & Tucker Barnes, WJLA has Eileen Whalen and Veronica Johnson).

News out of WRAL and Capitol Broadcasting...

Anchor Lynda Loveland is leaving the station.

http://www.wral.com/lynda-loveland-to-leave-wral-for-family-farm-bureau/16934804/

James Goodmon, Jr., son of Jim Goodmon, has been named President & COO of Capitol Broadcasting. His father will remain Chairman of the Board and CEO.

http://www.wral.com/james-f-goodmon-jr-named-president-c-o-o-of-capitol-broadcasting-co-/16933395/

• Like 1

Longtime owner of Salisbury, MD's CBS station WBOC Thomas Draper passed away yesterday due to injuries sustained from a bicycle accident. Draper was 76.

What a great man who created so much. Plus, he was about to bring Spanish television to the market with Telemundo Delmarva. He'll be sorely missed.

• Like 5

There is a zero percent chance of wboc getting sold

The only way Sinclair could get it anyway, even if WBOC was for sale, is if the Tribune acquisition falls through. It's been mentioned several times by myself and others on this site that Sinclair will be over the cap by 6% if the acquisition goes forward. They can't buy anymore.

• Like 1

As of today WMTW is back in the midday news business. The station cancelled its noontime broadcast a number of years ago to carry a succession of hourlong talk shows including Steve Harvey and, most recently, Wendy Williams. Access Hollywood (airing out-of-pattern) fills the second half-hour of the 12p-1p weekday block leading into The Chew. Tracy Sabol solo-anchored today's newscast; not sure if this is a permanent arrangement. Fun fact: The news of Hearst's purchase of WMTW first aired on one of their noon newscasts; I was in a Tweeter store at the time.

• Like 2

Guest Former Member 207
I didn't respond to this part specifically for some reason, but this is the more shocking of the acquisitions. Literally anything could happen after this clears.

There's nothing stopping Weigel from taking Azteca off (or keeping the affiliation), and plug-in their own networks, but they do have the experience running a Spanish-language station. However, Milwaukee isn't Los Angeles, where's four other network-owned Spanish stations, and a fifth one (KWHY) that's an indie, plus the multiple Spanish subchannels elsewhere across the L.A. dial.

One thing is certain though...as soon as the Me-TV (KDOC/KVME) and Heroes & Icons (KCOP) affiliations are done, the current junk pay-for-pray subchannels on KAZA will disappear, and the Weigel diginets (at least those two) will be plugged-in. Weigel also has the joint ventures with CBS (Decades) and Fox (Movies!), but I think those subchannels are staying put where they are (KCBS 2.2 and KCOP 13.3, respectively).

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic