Out & About

TexasTVNews

Gray is suing a pair of internet comedians who duped WEAU's morning show (and others) with their fake strongman act Chop and Steele

I hope it goes to trial because I would love to hear why Gray thinks they were somehow damaged because of these very naughty boys.

I hope Gray realizes this was a "teachable moment" for it's show producers. They should all be required to watch these guys over and over again...until they learn.

Chop and Steele pulled this on many other stations, with most falling for the ruse. These Bozo's never really expected to get on TV, they expected to be shut down from the get-go.

But I must say...

It's some of the dumbest, yet funniest stuff I have ever seen.

Bravo Chop and Steele...bravo.

• Like 2

There appears to be some sort of broadcast that is simulcast across ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC. It's called EIF Presents: XQ Super School Live which airs Friday September 8 at 8PM.

Here's the description from their website:

FOR THE PAST 100 YEARS, AMERICA'S HIGH SCHOOLS

HAVE REMAINED VIRTUALLY UNCHANGED.

YET THE WORLD AROUND US HAS TRANSFORMED DRAMATICALLY.

IT'S TIME TO TURN THE AMERICAN SPIRIT OF INGENUITY TOWARDS OUR HIGH SCHOOLS AND COME TOGETHER AS A NATION TO GIVE OUR STUDENTS THE EDUCATION THEY DESERVE. WHICH IS WHY, ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN ENTERTAINMENT WILL JOIN STUDENTS, PARENTS, EDUCATORS AND MORE FOR A MUST-SEE, LIVE TELEVISION EVENT.

EIF PRESENTS: XQ SUPER SCHOOL LIVE ON SEPT 8, 8/7 CENTRAL ON ABC, CBS, FOX AND NBC.

Sorry about the caps. I wasn't going to retype it so it was a copy paste job.

Gray is suing a pair of internet comedians who duped WEAU's morning show (and others) with their fake strongman act Chop and Steele

Gray is alleging fraud and conspiracy against these two, but it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that WEAU (or any of the other duped stations) didn't do any vetting whatsoever.

This lawsuit should be DOA.

• Like 2

BREAKING: KMSP is delivering a newscast at 7pm ct on sister station WFTC entitled Fox 9+ News at 7, set to debut on Sept. 18. The first newscasts since 2006. Although, it will air an encore presentation of Fox at 10.

• Like 1

Regarding Hurricane Harvey relief, I know a few media companies have already stepped up:

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/29/take-that-tegna-hearst-to-donate-up-to-2-million-bucks-for-relief

* Hearst is definitely the most generous by far, with a $1 million guaranteed corporate donation and matching individual donations up to an additional $1 million.

* Both Nexstar and Tegna are holding individual relief drives but are not quite as generous yet - Tegna will match up to $100,000 and Nexstar has not publicly announced any matching donations.

* No word from anyone else yet. While the article does single out Sinclair, to be fair none of the other companies have done anything that I am aware yet.

So WOIO is canning part of its newscast? Or all of it?

WOIO is canning part of its 4pm newscast starting on September 11. Basically, it will be Cleveland 19 News at 4pm, Inside Edition at 4:30pm, and then 90 minutes of Cleveland 19 News from 5 until 6:30pm. My guess is ratings was bad to justify cutting the 4pm news in half.

Regarding Hurricane Harvey relief, I know a few media companies have already stepped up:

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/29/take-that-tegna-hearst-to-donate-up-to-2-million-bucks-for-relief

* Hearst is definitely the most generous by far, with a $1 million guaranteed corporate donation and matching individual donations up to an additional $1 million.

* Both Nexstar and Tegna are holding individual relief drives but are not quite as generous yet - Tegna will match up to $100,000 and Nexstar has not publicly announced any matching donations.

* No word from anyone else yet. While the article does single out Sinclair, to be fair none of the other companies have done anything that I am aware yet.

Scripps is doing a "Taking Action For Texas" fundraiser across all of its platforms in partnership with the Red Cross.

• Like 1

WOIO is canning part of its 4pm newscast starting on September 11. Basically, it will be Cleveland 19 News at 4pm, Inside Edition at 4:30pm, and then 90 minutes of Cleveland 19 News from 5 until 6:30pm. My guess is ratings was bad to justify cutting the 4pm news in half.

When you have a piss-poor lead-in like Jeopardy reruns, of course the ratings are going to be crap. They could've put Family Feud in the 9am hour to lead-in to the CBS game shows and have Rachael Ray at 3pm. Problem solved!

When you have a piss-poor lead-in like Jeopardy reruns, of course the ratings are going to be crap. They could've put Family Feud in the 9am hour to lead-in to the CBS game shows and have Rachael Ray at 3pm. Problem solved!

Ewwww

A legacy ABC game show leading INTO CBS network game shows???

The Game Show Purist League ( The GSPL) will poop out Plinko disc (or chips...or rounds...whatever the hell those plinko things are) and send the yodeling man off his cliff... to a sudden death.

Are you people mad?

• Like 6

WKYC carries the Feud in the 2pm hour.

Speaking of WKYC, you'd think they'd consider expanding their newscasts to the 5pm hour, and move Ellen and Dr. Phil up an hour. With Sinclair poised to destroy WJW from the inside out, they ought to take advantage.

WKYC carries the Feud in the 2pm hour.

Speaking of WKYC, you'd think they'd consider expanding their newscasts to the 5pm hour, and move Ellen and Dr. Phil up an hour. With Sinclair poised to destroy WJW from the inside out, they ought to take advantage.

You don't move Ellen.

• Like 1

Changes from one Sinclair station to another. Bill Kelly the Chief Meteorologist at WSYX/ABC 6 On Your Side in Columbus, OH moves to become Chief Meteorologist at WJLA/ABC 7 in D.C.

Many folks have left WSYX, and the beat continues.....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/30/moving-to-dc

Really would have rather seen Steve Rudin or Veronica Johnson get the big promotion to take over for Doug Hill.

• Like 2

WKYC seems to never want a 5pm newscast, but talk shows have always been in place at that hour. In the 90s, Montel Williams, Jerry Springer have always been their bench mark.

WKYC conceded the 5pm news race back in 1992, when Multimedia-produced Donahue took the spot of "The First Report" (which begat Montel, and then Dr. Phil).

Dr. Phil is undoubtedly credited with WKYC's resurgence in 2003, thanks to the show being a wildly successful counterprogramming move against news on 5, 8 and 19. Plus there was a nationwide stipulation by the syndicator that the show couldn't be run against Oprah.

• Like 1

Changes from one Sinclair station to another. Bill Kelly the Chief Meteorologist at WSYX/ABC 6 On Your Side in Columbus, OH moves to become Chief Meteorologist at WJLA/ABC 7 in D.C.

Many folks have left WSYX, and the beat continues.....

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/30/moving-to-dc

So rumor had it that Veronica Johnson went to WJLA when NBC4 brought in Doug Kammerer as chief meteorologist vs not promoting her. Now I see that WJLA has also brought in someone from the outside to be chief meteorologist

So rumor had it that Veronica Johnson went to WJLA when NBC4 brought in Doug Kammerer as chief meteorologist vs not promoting her. Now I see that WJLA has also brought in someone from the outside to be chief meteorologist

Doug became chief at WRC IN 2010. Veronica moved to WJLA IN 2016. Not sure where you heard the rumor, but if she was upset she waited six years to make a move.

• Like 1