Out & About

TexasTVNews

Wow. I'm impressed with KJRH's ability to pick up the castaways from other stations in town.

Lisa Jones returning to TV was pretty unexpected.

• Like 2

Several NBC O&Os are adding an additional half hour to their morning news programs pushing early today to a 3 30 a start time.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/nbc-washington-adds-extra-hour/192554

Although, I'm still against these crazy news expansions, I had a feeling that the 4am expansions was going to happen sooner or later.

And since Early Today will be airing at 3:30am, that effectively opens up the floodgates for the NBC affiliates who want to make the purge to 4am in the future. WSTM in Syracuse has been airing the news at 4am for years, they could air Early Today next week. Wouldn't be surprise if CBS move its Morning News show to 3:30.

My issue would be ABC. They produce World News Now from 1:30-3am (network starts airing it at 2am) and produce America This Morning live at 4am. If the network move ATM to 3:30am but keep the WNN time as is, that would leave just a 30 minute gap between the shows instead of an hour.

It wouldn't be much time to breathe in between the shows, unless they start producing it earlier from 1-2:30am, but that would mean they would have to pre-tape Nightline every night (before 12:30am, if that's not already happening). Or, they could cut the blocks from three to two, and produce it 1:30-2:30. That way you keep the hour-gap. But then viewers in stations that air the program multiple times (3 times or more), might not feel right seeing the same program they just saw an hour earlier.

• Like 1

Wow. I'm impressed with KJRH's ability to pick up the castaways from other stations in town.

Lisa Jones returning to TV was pretty unexpected.

I'm pretty sure that after bobbing on the ocean for the last months, these folks would jump onto any passing raft...or even a floating coconut.

They need the ego strokes...and the money.

• Like 1

BIG anchor shakeup at 11Alive in Atlanta. Shiba Russell goes from evenings back to mornings. Current morning anchor Cheryl Preheim takes her spot on the 5 and 6 and Vinnie Politan anchors the 11 solo. Seems a little ... odd. Shiba hasn't even been on the evening shows a year yet. They announced it on air this morning.

http://www.11alive.com/home/news-anchors-are-switching-around-on-11alive-here-are-the-details-/460152963

• Like 3

BIG anchor shakeup at 11Alive in Atlanta. Shiba Russell goes from evenings back to mornings. Current morning anchor Cheryl Preheim takes her spot on the 5 and 6 and Vinnie Politan anchors the 11 solo. Seems a little ... odd. Shiba hasn't even been on the evening shows a year yet. They announced it on air this morning.

http://www.11alive.com/home/news-anchors-are-switching-around-on-11alive-here-are-the-details-/460152963

Stupid move on 11Alive this is where CBS46 should go ahead and move that needle to third place and move 11ALIVE to 4th place.

Stupid move on 11Alive this is where CBS46 should go ahead and move that needle to third place and move 11ALIVE to 4th place.

Like hell it'll happen.

Meanwhile, over at 1611 West Peachtree...

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/marketshare/2017/07/24/wsb-first-tv-station-to-get-million-twitter-followers/

(WAGA is not that far behind with 509,000 followers, followed by 11Alive (341,000) and CBS46 (a paltry 72,000); by comparison, KABC has 943,000 Twitter followers)

• Like 1

Subchannel change.

WRAL has acquired the Cozi TV affiliation. It will air on subchannel 5.2, beginning at noon today (7/31).

The Heroes & Icons diginet is moving to an LP station, WIRP-LD 27.4.

_______

Shiba also mentioned on her Facebook & Twitter pages that the morning team will be welcoming a new member to mornings. Likely the one who will be replacing Vinnie.

So Atlanta Alive is now the Morning Rush?

_______

Former WFOR Morning anchor Walter Makaula is now the new weekend evening anchor and reporter at KCRA. He'll start at the new station tomorrow.

• Like 1

WHTV in Lansing was supposed to sign off months ago on April 30th. It keeps on chugging extra life and battery for some reason. But the next date to try to go off air is August 31st, 2017 at 12 Midnight.

Until it happens, I doubt they'll sign off by then too. Btw, its still just Jewelry Television on 18.1

• Like 1

Courtesy of FTVLive:

Sharon Lawson weekend AM anchor at Miami NBC O&O WTVJ being hired as weekday morning co-anchor at FOX O&O WAGA in Atlanta (replaces Constance Jones who left the station after less than a year) CircleSeven posted on the WNBC thread that Adam Kuperstein also of WTVJ is leaving WTVJ to join WNBC in New York as 6 & 11 pm weekend co-anchor & weeknight general assignment reporter.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/1/new-anchor-hire-in-atlanta

Also KTRK in Houston is hiring Collins Myers as weekend AM meteorologist and it appears Elita Loresca is being bumped up to a M-F shift no word yet on if she's replacing Travis Herzog on the morning shows or Casey Curry on the 11am & 4pm shows.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/1/ok-this-is-still-a-secret-so-dont-say-anything

Courtesy of FTVLive:

Also KTRK in Houston is hiring Collins Myers as weekend AM meteorologist and it appears Elita Loresca is being bumped up to a M-F shift no word yet on if she's replacing Travis Herzog on the morning shows or Casey Curry on the 11am & 4pm shows.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/1/ok-this-is-still-a-secret-so-dont-say-anything

Damn it, it has to be Casey Curry. Travis does great with the morning team and he's probably in line for Tim Heller's spot. The weather team is so great though I wish they wouldn't change it.

Cable station 6 News in Lawrence, KS formally shut down its news operations today. It had been a staple in the community for 45 years. All of its shows will be preserved and kept at a museum at the University of Kansas. The station was bought my Minnesota -based Midco last year/early this year and was told a few months ago that they would be shutting down its news operations and transform the station into a regional sports network.

• Like 1

Sounds like WESH is ready to move up Summer Knowles after trying to bump Angela Taylor to weekends. It didn't go over too well...

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/4/going-down-in-o-town

Given how she did there and what she did to ratings, I am sure one of the rival stations would sign Angela Taylor as soon as an opening comes up. I think a spot on the Fox 35 morning show would be best for her alongside Amy Kaufeldt.

• Like 1

Given how she did there and what she did to ratings, I am sure one of the rival stations would sign Angela Taylor as soon as an opening comes up. I think a spot on the Fox 35 morning show would be best for her alongside Amy Kaufeldt.

I would love to see her on WOFL or on WKMG. I think WFTV's too crowded.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic