Out & About

TexasTVNews

KREM? KTVB? WBIR? WCSH? WFMY? WGRZ? The Jacksonville duo?

This doesn't include the one truly bulletproof TEGNA station: WMAZ. They could do their worst and still dominate that market because the competition is so clueless.

I guess WWL and WKYC would fall into the stations mentioned above as well. I have to wonder how WWL's morning show is doing now that they've been forced to move the 7-9 am portion to Siberia on WUPL...

This doesn't include the one truly bulletproof TEGNA station: WMAZ. They could do their worst and still dominate that market because the competition is so clueless.

Since it is a small market and essentially a "training ground" anyway, there have been few cuts there. It's the big market stations that have taken the hits.

I guess WWL and WKYC would fall into the stations mentioned above as well. I have to wonder how WWL's morning show is doing now that they've been forced to move the 7-9 am portion to Siberia on WUPL...

From what I read on NOLA.com, according to the February book, the WUPL broadcast got a 2.2 rating, which is not too bad for the station itself unless there are syndicated shows on the channel that rank higher than that...

So it's evident that you can blame Tegna fully for the bad morning show shuffle at WWL/WUPL!!

I think WBIR should be another bulletproof one but dont be so certain. KTVB's competition is terrible so they'll survive no matter what.

This would surely be dismissed. The station should have looked into them more, something you'd expect for a news gathering organization.

I'm surprised that something like that could still happen, even for smaller markets that they seemed to target, given how easy it would be to find so-called public figures and guests on social media, there's ways of finding out if people are legit even if they provide false details. It reminds me of when Sacha Baron Cohen got on some local news show in Mississippi as "Borat." The makers of the film supposedly gave the producer a fake PR website, but always double check with other sources (even back then, a simple Google search would have given him away). She ended up leaving the station after that, too, because her boss started second-guessing everything she did after that. For this, the fault lies with whoever at the station didn't do their proper research and just haphazardly booked them without second thought.

• Like 1

Reporter Pro-tip: DO NOT call yourself the N-word or imply that you're calling a viewer/potential witness the N-word when trying to get information from said viewer for a story! http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/4/28/seriously-what-the-hell-are-you-thinking

She's gone, although it doesn't sound like she wanted to be at WXIA much longer anyway ("read my blog!").

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/04/28/valerie-hoff-of-11alive-resigns-after-using-the-n-word-in-private-twitter-exchange-with-black-viewer/

How can you forget KUSA? Others for consideration would be KARE and WGRZ.

How can you forget KUSA? Others for consideration would be KARE and WGRZ.

I thought WCCO (and possibly KMSP) were ahead of KARE?

Phoenix is still a four-way horse race between 3/5, 10, 12, and 15. No one's a clear winner here. KPNX is down, but not out.

We can always pick on WTSP (a true dog in the TEGNA group, alongside KXTV and WXIA), because they decided not to wait until a Nexstar-owned WFLA implode to implement such an awful format.

• Like 1

Don't forget WUSA and WFMY; both have remained third in Washington (behind WRC and WJLA) and Greensboro (WXII and WGHP) respectively for God knows how long.

WUSA has a great opportunity to make up ground as Sinclair is slowly starting to infect WJLA. Knowing Tegna they will find a way to screw it up

• Like 1

I think this was missed and not talked about here but it looks like KWTV 9 in Oklahoma City has rebranded its sister Ind. station KSBI 52 to... you guessed it... News 9 Plus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KSBI

This took place two months ago and DESPITE that rebranding, KSBI 52 continues to only air KWTV 9's weekday half-hour noon newscast.

• Like 1

I think this was missed and not talked about here but it looks like KWTV 9 in Oklahoma City has rebranded its sister Ind. station KSBI 52 to... you guessed it... News 9 Plus.

This took place two months ago and DESPITE that rebranding, KSBI 52 continues to only air KWTV 9's weekday half-hour noon newscast.

And here's their new logo. As dull as you can imagine.

header_980.png

At least that station is showing life. Maybe soon KWTV will start producing a 9:00 newscast for KSBI...er, News 9 Plus. (If it means anything to anyone, sister KOTV up I-44 in Tulsa produces a 9:00 for KQCW.)

• Like 1

Oklahoma's Own.... KTVU Plus.

• Like 1

header_980.png

At least that station is showing life. Maybe soon KWTV will start producing a 9:00 newscast for KSBI...er, News 9 Plus. (If it means anything to anyone, sister KOTV up I-44 in Tulsa produces a 9:00 for KQCW.)

They couldn't stay consistent and put the "52" in Goudy type?

• Like 2

header_980.png

Maybe morning news too on KSBI.

The Oxford County (Maine) Sheriff"s Department held a press conference at noon today confirming that WCSH meteorologist Tom Johnston was the subject of a gross sexual assault investigation. There are no other suspects. Johnston committed suicide last month. WGME covered the presser first, while at WCSH, a visibly distressed Cindy Williams joined it in progress several minutes later.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/04/police-tv-weatherman-tom-johnston-was-lone-suspect-in-sexual-assault-case-would-have-been-charged/

WXIA is launching a temporary 7pm newscast on sister station WATL. They are doing this in order to cash in on all the political ads for the special election for the 6th congressional district.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/03/11alive-adds-temporary-7-p-m-newscast-on-watl-tv-to-accommodate-ossoff-handel-political-ads/

• Like 3

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic