Out & About

TexasTVNews

Laura DeMaria has announced on her Facebook page that she's left WOIO and WUAB in Cleveland after her husband got relocated to another state. She was supposed to anchor on weekends after returning from maternity leave.

Tegna owned NBC affiliate KPNX is apparently pushing out main co-anchor Vanessa Ruiz after 2 years:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/4/21/tegna-pushing-out-phoenix-anchor

Tbh I can't say im surprised she wasn't that great of a reporter when she was at KNBC so I was surprised she got the main anchor gig at KPNX. She's more of a Market 50-100 type anchor/reporter.

New Meterologist Joining WBBH replacing Haley Webb, Former Beauty Queen Mackenzie Bart

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/former-miss-ohio-winner-joins-fort-myers-station-as-meteorologist/188962

and Here's some tape on the lady

As someone who watched her on WBNS she is "meh" and not in a good way as a weatherperson maybe WBBH will be a better fit for her.

Houston Fox O&O KRIV is adding an hour of local programming at 10 pm weeknights starting May 1. Both are roundtable shows and run for 30 minutes each. "Isiah Factor Uncensored" features reporter Isiah Carey and "What's Your Point?" is hosted by reporter Greg Groogan. Carey's show had been running pretty regularly on Friday nights at 9:30, while "What's Your Point" has been a featured segment within the station's other newscasts.

WMC Action News 5 in Memphis has shuffled around their meteorologists again. Brittney Bryant has moved from weekends to weekday mornings, while Spencer Denton has returned from weekday mornings to his original 12 and 4PM shift. That likely means Andrew Kozak, who was morning meteorologist before Spencer and on noon/4PM most recently, will be on weekends, although I haven't seen confirmation on that just yet.

• Like 4

Houston Fox O&O KRIV is adding an hour of local programming at 10 pm weeknights starting May 1. Both are roundtable shows and run for 30 minutes each. "Isiah Factor Uncensored" features reporter Isiah Carey and "What's Your Point?" is hosted by reporter Greg Groogan. Carey's show had been running pretty regularly on Friday nights at 9:30, while "What's Your Point" has been a featured segment within the station's other newscasts.

Isiah has always been uncensored!

• Like 4

I was surprised by the Forecast First.

Ain't that a Nexstar thing?!

I knew former sister station

used to do the "forecast first" before they went to Hearst.

1000 to 1 odds WSLS will be getting the WPLG logo.

They would have a new logo already when they switched graphics and plus the WSLS 10 logo is exactly 20 years old. Logo debuted on April 14, 1997.

• Like 1

Longtime WBAY meteorologist George Graphos is retiring. Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist part of me, but I've had the feeling for a few years that this would happen sooner than later. Kind of predicting that Brad Spakowitz (who's been at WBAY for almost as long) will be promoted to chief....

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic