Out & About

TexasTVNews

Forgive me if this was already posted, but this looks like something we missed.

KUSA is doing away with the traditional sports block at the end of the newscast, instead spreading out sports features throughout the newscast.

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/01/30/9news-switches-sports-coverage-features-less-play-play/135128/

• Like 5

KUSA is doing away with the traditional sports block at the end of the newscast, instead spreading out sports features throughout the newscast.

http://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/01/30/9news-switches-sports-coverage-features-less-play-play/135128/

They are also replacing the Sportscasters with Landscapers/Sportscasters. It's like an MMJ with hedge clippers.

Blaine Alexander will leave 11Alive in Atlanta for NBC NewsChannel in DC. Friday, her last day at the station.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/02/09/11alives-blayne-alexander-leaving-for-dc-with-nbc-newschannel-affiliate-news-service/

Another big loss for 11Alive, and one of the rising stars at the station too. Look for Jennifer Bellamy to take her spot on the Weekend morning news

• Like 2

The clock is ticking on WCMZ Flint. It's going bye-bye as a result of the auction.

CMU netted $14 million and says 99% of households in its coverage area are served by other PBS members.

Well they got WDCQ 19 (Bay City), WTVS 56 (Detroit) and WKAR 23 (East Lansing) so no problem to fill the niché.

apparently KSTV-LP still has their analog station up because On November 30, 2016, former MundoMax affiliate KSAO-LD (channel 49) became the primary affiliate of Azteca for the Sacramento area after MundoMax ceased operations. It is unclear what the status is for KSTV as it broadcasts a frozen image of a TV program that aired on Azteca. is analog even still around? because i heard only LP stations will still stay on for as long as they can.

But will the overall amount of sports coverage (and staffing) remain the same after this change? Sportscasters who might otherwise find themselves downsized as stations cut back on sports coverage should perhaps be reassigned to anchoring newscasts when there is no dedicated sports anchor. That way you wouldn't have national embarrassments like this:

Well they got WDCQ 19 (Bay City), WTVS 56 (Detroit) and WKAR 23 (East Lansing) so no problem to fill the niché.

WCMZ is also a satellite/repeater station that had no separate staff or operations. The effect would be minimal and CMU gets $20M for what was a $1M investment.

I thought this was funny. Apparently, WKBN wasn't first in reporting Trump's upcoming visit to Youngstown, as The Vindicator newspaper tweeted. (from yesterday)

[MEDIA=twitter]830487199258963968[/MEDIA]

Wouldn't someone from the Vindy walked across the hall to 21 NEWS?

////

Stations all across California are on breaking news about the Orville Dam Spillage. lets talk about my stations for example:

• KCRA had to interrupt NBC programming followed by a ticker but eventually went back but with the ticker still intact.
  • KXTV just showed a ticker on and off during ABC programming.
  • KOVR is just running a ticker through out the entire Grammys.
  • KMAX is using Full Breaking News Coverage from KOVR CBS 13 news.
  • KTXL had to interrupt FOX programming for breaking news coverage.
  • KQCA isnt showing anything but they did have a brief ticker from KCRA.
  • KUVS just showed a Headline of the coverage before going to Univision Programming.
  • KTFK is showing a ticker during the Spanish version of X-Men First Class.

• Like 1

Stations all across California are on breaking news about the Orville Dam Spillage. lets talk about my stations for example:

• KCRA had to interrupt NBC programming followed by a ticker but eventually went back but with the ticker still intact.
  • KXTV just showed a ticker on and off during ABC programming.
  • KOVR is just running a ticker through out the entire Grammys.
  • KMAX is using Full Breaking News Coverage from KOVR CBS 13 news.
  • KTXL had to interrupt FOX programming for breaking news coverage.
  • KQCA isnt showing anything but they did have a brief ticker from KCRA.
  • KUVS just showed a Headline of the coverage before going to Univision Programming.
  • KTFK is showing a ticker during the Spanish version of X-Men First Class.

I forget does KXTV and KOVR share a helicopter?

Edit: I thought I'd add the cable coverage has been weak.

I forget does KXTV and KOVR share a helicopter?

Edit: I thought I'd add the cable coverage has been weak.

no. they dont. KOVR shares with KPIX Chopper 5 though. and i think KGO which both KOVR and KXTV uses, KTXL uses KGO as well. KCRA livecopter 3 shares with KRON even though KRON used to have one. also the grammys had some accidents again this year.

no. they dont. KOVR shares with KPIX Chopper 5 though. and i think KGO which both KOVR and KXTV uses, KTXL uses KGO as well. KCRA livecopter 3 shares with KRON even though KRON used to have one. also the grammys had some accidents again this year.

Wow, so it sounds like KCRA has the only helicopter for the market and the other two rely on the San Francisco ones. Is this the correct assumption?

I was watching CNN and some aerial footage was attributed to KXTV/KOVR so I thought they shared one.

I saw the KCRA feed was on KNTV - are they still sharing one with the rest of the San Francisco stations?

Wow, so it sounds like KCRA has the only helicopter for the market and the other two rely on the San Francisco ones. Is this the correct assumption?

I was watching CNN and some aerial footage was attributed to KXTV/KOVR so I thought they shared one.

I saw the KCRA feed was on KNTV - are they still sharing one with the rest of the San Francisco stations?

yes however i forgot to say that KTVU also has their own News Chopper 2. so sometimes they use them as well. their was one time where KXTV showed a promo that they were going to have a new air 10 in the sky (based on KGTV's Chopper.) but they never took full advantage of it nor did KTXL's Skyfox40 and yes KCRA's LiveCopter 3 is the only top chopper we have.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic