Out & About

TexasTVNews

As far as I'm concerned, he's far better off showing off his tin foil hat to the 5 viewers of WGCL CBS 46 TV Atlanta than being picked up by a company like Sinclair that will make him another "must run" in their agenda....

The end run is to SELL those tin foil hats for $19.95.

"It's all in the Merch".

• Like 2

ABC again ran this picture at the beginning of the nightly news this evening. I immediately changed the channel because this is a complete misrepresentation of how many people attended the inauguration. But they continue to run it to delegitimize Trump.

This is why Fox News exists.

As long as the MSM continues to allow the narrative to be set by the Democrat party, leftist special interest groups and the Journ"O"list, you will have pushback.

Really now. ABC should be ashamed to show this picture. It is absolutely disgraceful.

20-national-mall.w710.h473.jpg

There is no such thing as the Democrat Party, yeah, no bias here with you. ABC didn't do anything wrong, you just don't like what the reality was.

• Like 3

No, that is not fact. It is leftist propaganda.

There were answers people raised about his birth certificate and there was a lot of secrecy surrounding it. If he had only released his birth certificate in the first place, the birther movement wouldn't have gotten any traction. It's the lawyerly instinct to keep everything secret that usually gets politicans in trouble.

Actually, yes, it is fact.

• Like 4

I know it was reported on the XETV/KFMB thread, but this article from The San Diego Tribune has pointed out that KFMB/Midwest Television will more likely be adding local news on the CW subchannel at the same times as XETV's except weekdays 5-7am and weekends 8-10am.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/tv/sd-et-television-20170126-story.html

WNDU unveiled a new set and new graphics in the past week or so only two years almost to the day after they went through a major refresh. To be fair it could be the new ownership.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2017/01/19/wndu-new-set/

This was the previously look:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/01/20/south-bend-station-upgrades-set/

WNDU unveiled a new set and new graphics in the past week or so only two years almost to the day after they went through a major refresh. To be fair it could be the new ownership.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2017/01/19/wndu-new-set/

This was the previously look:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/01/20/south-bend-station-upgrades-set/

Gray has owned WNDU for over a decade. Many Gray stations have went with this set design recently.

• Like 3

Gray has owned WNDU for over a decade. Many Gray stations have went with this set design recently.

Sorry, maybe I was thinking of WSBT/WSJV's ownership changes (I am in Indiana but not near South Bend.) With that being said, I wonder if the set and refresh they poured all that money into just two years ago just didn't go over well.

Sorry, maybe I was thinking of WSBT/WSJV's ownership changes (I am in Indiana but not near South Bend.) With that being said, I wonder if the set and refresh they poured all that money into just two years ago just didn't go over well.

Yeah. Gray acquired Schurz, but kept the incumbent WNDU and spun-off WSBT to Sinclair (which it swapped WLUC for it). Then later, Sinclair & Quincy swapping affils in SB/Peoria, and placing them on their subs.

My thinking is just like what Quincy did with their new set design, I think Gray did the same thing in buying this design in bulk. And the hire-ups at 16 probably wanted an opportunity to get that set while its being installed on other Gray stations. It is very rare for a market this size to change sets in a short period of time.

• Like 1

Speaking of Indiana, not sure how I missed this, but apparently Tim Doty and Marianne Lyles are out at WTTV CBS 4's Morning News in Indianapolis. They have brought in Frank Micken, he comes from WFMY in Greensboro, North Carolina. He is doing his first morning newscast with them as I speak. I think Nicole Pence (yes, she's related to the VP) is on maternity leave but her Facebook posts makes it sound like she is still with the station. She says they are "Changing things up" for the morning news.

• Like 1

Speaking of Indiana, not sure how I missed this, but apparently Tim Doty and Marianne Lyles are out at WTTV CBS 4's Morning News in Indianapolis. They have brought in Frank Micken, he comes from WFMY in Greensboro, North Carolina. He is doing his first morning newscast with them as I speak. I think Nicole Pence (yes, she's related to the VP) is on maternity leave but her Facebook posts makes it sound like she is still with the station. She says they are "Changing things up" for the morning news.

I've mentioned it last month about Frank Mickens' arrival @ WTTV. At that time, they didn't say if Doty's was also leaving the station, but that appeared to be the case. Lyles left the station right around the Thanksgiving holiday.

I had a friend who worked a short time at KLFY, and she had nothing but praise for Blue. And this comes from a time period where stations were often bringing in youngsters to displace the "senior" news anchors (cough, KPRC Dominique Sachse, cough). Best of luck in retirement, Blue!

J

• Like 4

Plus WCVB has a high-profile vacancy with Heather Unruh leaving earlier this month. I wouldn't rule out Sacchetti going to WHDH since longtime political editor Andy Hiller is leaving the station after the presidential election. However, as I've noted before, defectors to Channel 7 have been few and far between. That said, the Boston Herald is floating the Sharman-to-Seven rumor:

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2016/10/nbc_changes_ruffling_feathers

Rumors become reality: Sharman Sacchetti joins WHDH

KTXL forgot to shut their graphics off after the 10PM News. they let it scroll with the news package looping until Commercials cut in out of nowhere.

[ATTACH]3635[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3636[/ATTACH]

Judging by the 10:55 in the corner, I'm going to guess this show ran way under time and nobody noticed because Tribune decided putting computers in the control room instead of actual people was a good idea.

• Like 2

Judging by the 10:55 in the corner, I'm going to guess this show ran way under time and nobody noticed because Tribune decided putting computers in the control room instead of actual people was a good idea.

How can you have a show run that much under time and not notice? I don't doubt that whatever happened was a result of some sort of automation in master control. But a hard time out is a hard time out. Does their 10pm show maybe have a hard time out at 10:55? I just can't imagine a situation where the newscast is so light that they deliberately end it a few minutes early and/or nobody noticed. There's still at least a producer and director in the booth, and that would be very sloppy producing if that happened.

• Like 1

How can you have a show run that much under time and not notice? I don't doubt that whatever happened was a result of some sort of automation in master control. But a hard time out is a hard time out. Does their 10pm show maybe have a hard time out at 10:55? I just can't imagine a situation where the newscast is so light that they deliberately end it a few minutes early and/or nobody noticed. There's still at least a producer and director in the booth, and that would be very sloppy producing if that happened.

KTXL sometimes does a long close like WGN.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic