Out & About

TexasTVNews

WFXT reporter appears to have been let go after she posted a youtube video of herself in bed

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/1/19/reporter-sacked-after-posting-video-in-bed

I don't get it,

They want you to post to social media all the candid "anchor moments"...but you get canned for it?

The video was not obscene...it was just kinda snuggly with some middle aged chick sporting the FFL (freshly fu%#ed look) for the viewers.

Why did they let her post it in the first place? If someone checks her scripts before she goes on the air, why not screen the social media postings before they air?

The big question is ...

"After seeing the video,,,would you hit it ?"

• Like 1

Ameera David is joining WXYZ in Detroit as an Anchor/Reporter. She came over from RT where she anchored and reported. She's a Detroit native so that's why the downward move.

I honestly don't know why anyone would hire someone who used to work for RT

Sinclair's pink-slip express heads to West Virginia. WCHS/WVAH (Charleston) anchor Stefano DiPetrantonio was let go. His bio is gone from the website.

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/1/20/sinclair-sacks-another-one

Meanwhile at WPIX in New York, meteorologist Linda Church is retiring.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/longtime-meteorologist-retiring-from-wpix/184571

Beth Troutman is leaving WCNC in Charlotte. FTVLive did a story about this around the holiday season where it was suggested that it was some tension between management and Beth. Best of luck to her. I know she's been through a lot personally during her tenure at WCNC that obviously gave her a new found outlook on life.

Beth Troutman is leaving WCNC in Charlotte. FTVLive did a story about this around the holiday season where it was suggested that it was some tension between management and Beth. Best of luck to her. I know she's been through a lot personally during her tenure at WCNC that obviously gave her a new found outlook on life.

I loved her when she was on RTM.

• Like 2

And Fox wonders why people don't take them seriously when they claim to be "Fair and Balanced"...

ABC again ran this picture at the beginning of the nightly news this evening. I immediately changed the channel because this is a complete misrepresentation of how many people attended the inauguration. But they continue to run it to delegitimize Trump.

This is why Fox News exists.

As long as the MSM continues to allow the narrative to be set by the Democrat party, leftist special interest groups and the Journ"O"list, you will have pushback.

Really now. ABC should be ashamed to show this picture. It is absolutely disgraceful.

20-national-mall.w710.h473.jpg

• Like 1

Why? They showed the same picture at previous inaugurations.

Because this is the picture that is most representative of the inaugural attendance. That picture was used because it was either 1) politically motivated misrepresentation; 2) a political hack picking out the picture; or 3) somebody too stupid to pick the images that you see on the evening news.

Link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

gigapixel-1.jpg?w=768&h=513

Some news from St. Louis:

KMOV has named Courtney Bryant evening co-anchor:

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/courtney-bryant-named-evening-co-anchor-at-kmov/184649

KSDK 5 & 10 pm co-anchor Anne Allred will be taking another leave of absence as she undergoes kidney transplant surgery.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article128275629.html

Because this is the picture that is most representative of the inaugural attendance. That picture was used because it was either 1) politically motivated misrepresentation; 2) a political hack picking out the picture; or 3) somebody too stupid to pick the images that you see on the evening news.

Link to CNN: http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

I see at least 3 pockets of empty space in that picture...

• Like 3

I see at least 3 pockets of empty space in that picture...

Go to the CNN link, it lets you scan the crowd.

But who cares? The point is that the first picture was the one circulating in the media as they tried to set the narrative that nobody attended the inauguration. The fact that ABC is still using that picture is a misrepresentation. Scratch that, it's an out-and-out LIE.

This is a prime example of why conservatives are having a schadenboner using "FAKE NEWS" right back at you. This is FAKE NEWS.

• Like 1

This is a prime example of why conservatives are having a schadenboner using "FAKE NEWS" right back at you. This is FAKE NEWS.

And you're not the real Dirty Harry.

I kid, though. You make a good point. Stuff like that isn't going to help the industry's image crisis.

• Like 2

Go to the CNN link, it lets you scan the crowd.

But who cares? The point is that the first picture was the one circulating in the media as they tried to set the narrative that nobody attended the inauguration. The fact that ABC is still using that picture is a misrepresentation. Scratch that, it's an out-and-out LIE.

The best you can hope for here is a wash... Trump & co. (Mostly Spicer) claimed it to be the biggest, most watched, most attended ever... so if this is fake news (it's not, as the inauguration was far below Obama 09 and 12 and a host of others in physical attendance and behind Regan 81 and Obama 09 on TV) then that is simple propaganda. Just because you don't like the facts doesn't mean you get an alternative set to keep whatever view you like... it don't work that way... (not you specifically but Trump/Spicer/Conway)...

There's been talk of a full on war with the press... other than the AP which won't get involved (which is kinda like the print version of NPR or PBS who probably won't either) I would expect lots of salvos both ways and lots of distortion both ways.

I would bank on laziness rather than a sinister motive.

• Like 7

Here's the same crowd at 1209pm from the monument side from a national park service cam... these are all the thin spots I alluded to earlier... you can't see them from the Trump side... it's too far away and the wrong angle.

IMG_0041.thumb.PNG.f8c14d490aa629e92d5312a252c50687.PNG

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic