Out & About

TexasTVNews

ABC is under contract to run DCRNYE until 2024. Seacrest is a virus, but he's still popular for some reason or another.

After Dick passed, I gave up on DCRNYE and migrated over to Anderson & Kathy on CNN, although I did enjoy what little I saw of Pitbull's special this year since it included classic hip hop, which I never expected.

• Like 2

So WOLF-TV's Sinclair-produced "so-called" in-house newscasts has started.

The reporters are reporting the news from PA. While the main anchor is anchoring from WSBT, which led to this giveaway.....

[MEDIA=twitter]815035033228550146[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815039787614740480[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]815042564277600256[/MEDIA]

So this leads to this question. Are they're pre-taping this 10pm show on WOLF-TV? Or are they're doing it live from separate studio. Because WSBT also produces its own 10pm program on its Fox subchannel.

After Dick passed, I gave up on DCRNYE and migrated over to Anderson & Kathy on CNN, although I did enjoy what little I saw of Pitbull's special this year since it included classic hip hop, which I never expected.

Pitbull's NYE actually gave me life, it was pretty good. Although it should've been called Snoop Dogg's NYE Revolution feat. Pitbull since he (and others) was a towering figure + had more airtime than 'bull. The crew counted down in Miami rather than shooting to Times Sq. for the ball drop.

• Like 3

The biggest problem with ABC's production is that Seacrest isn't the show's biggest problem. At best, he's consistent and inoffensive, at worst, he's bland and boring. Whether or not I watch that particular program really doesn't depend on him, as much is it's what they surround him with for co-hosts and entertainment. That's where the show consistently disappoints, especially this year.

• Like 1

So this leads to this question. Are they're pre-taping this 10pm show on WOLF-TV? Or are they're doing it live from separate studio. Because WSBT also produces its own 10pm program on its Fox subchannel.

Her LinkedIn page shows that she anchors the 6:00 and 11:00pm news for WNWO 24 in Toledo and thinking that she now does the 10:00pm for WOLF-TV 56 in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, I think they do those out of a secondary set within WSBT 22's studios, if its now done at WSBT 22.

The biggest problem with ABC's production is that Seacrest isn't the show's biggest problem. At best, he's consistent and inoffensive, at worst, he's bland and boring. Whether or not I watch that particular program really doesn't depend on him, as much is it's what they surround him with for co-hosts and entertainment. That's where the show consistently disappoints, especially this year.

Another issue is that DCP's shows (including the awards shows) have been in a static state since the man himself died, still using Impact and Helvetica-like graphics (the Golden Globes won't change their look no matter what), and now hitching minutes of airtime to inane sponsors like Planet Fitness and whatever that sparkling wine was that replaced Korbel. It took them a decade to replace the old NYRE theme with something that already sounded dated the moment it was played. They keep Jenny McCarthy on despite the apathy/controversy she brings, Fergie is still hosting from Hollywood each year and in 2017 those segments are still taped before the holidays even though it would be much better live (Fifth Harmony broke up during the holidays. It was awkward to see them like they weren't about to go at it on Twitter the moment Camila Cabello's contract ended and yet...'watch their last performance together' said cheerily). It isn't 1987 any longer. Get with the times.

To top it all off, the New Orleans countdown didn't get screwed up, but someone had the bright idea to put a nice new LG flatscreen with the show logo on in the background during a heavy rainstorm. Great job literally watching that $2,000 investment wash into a rain gutter as the pixels died one by one behind Demi Lovato.

The other thing is the Times Square organization put on a better livestream this year than ABC did over-the-air. Rachel Platten was doing a great job with plenty of preparation on the stream and you can hear it in the background on ABC while Ryan was blabbing about nothing to DNCE and more Jenny McCarthy garbage. I flipped to the Org stream because I wanted to see her much more, and it was better than any network was able to put on. NYRE is basically hitting the same peak Guy Lombardo did, and they need to improve or else they'll be like MTV; out of the game and in a Ridiculousness marathon no sane person will watch.

But there's also the wonderful trainwreck that is Chicago Rising from WMAQ. Well-produced for the most part, but with obvious 'here for the check' Chicago "Dick Wolf"-verse stars hosting, the blandest talent/bands ever, and hilariously tone-deaf segments like a person making a difference in poor neighborhoods being introduced during a very ritzy party, awkward Corona Extra drop-ins, the CEO of Corona's parent company leading the Chicago countdown, and all the complete live shot d**ches you could ever dream of in the backgrounds of parties. It was terrible, but still much better than NYRE for me this year.

• Like 2

Another Tegna departure. WWL's morning anchor Mike Hoss will be leaving the station after over 27 years.

He announced his exit on his Facebook page on New Year's Day.

I wonder if he's being push out of his job with TEGNA being so douchie. That morning news on WWL has been the cat meow, and I wonder about Sally Ann? I wonder if he will pop up over at FOX 8? Alot of WWL's castaways go over to WVUE.

Her LinkedIn page shows that she anchors the 6:00 and 11:00pm news for WNWO 24 in Toledo and thinking that she now does the 10:00pm for WOLF-TV 56 in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, I think they do those out of a secondary set within WSBT 22's studios, if its now done at WSBT 22.

Hey...

TVSpy just ran this story and gave credit to "changing newscast".

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wolf-launches-own-newscast/183562

We know that guy Roly^^^^^^

• Like 2

I wonder if he's being push out of his job with TEGNA being so douchie. That morning news on WWL has been the cat meow, and I wonder about Sally Ann? I wonder if he will pop up over at FOX 8? Alot of WWL's castaways go over to WVUE.

I believe WDSU has openings as well, but they seem to hold their veterans a lot better, or reach out from elsewhere.

• Like 1

Hey...

TVSpy just ran this story and gave credit to "changing newscast".

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wolf-launches-own-newscast/183562

We know that guy Roly^^^^^^

Yeah he does a great job over there. Although too bad he doesn't give the same credit to sources he takes from (unless it's TVSpy, TVNewsCheck, or FTVLive because apparently those are the only three that count).

• Like 2

Yeah he does a great job over there. Although too bad he doesn't give the same credit to sources he takes from (unless it's TVSpy, TVNewsCheck, or FTVLive because apparently those are the only three that count).

I'm starting a DISCLAIMER in 2017 that will credit sources for information. It'll be mentioned at the end of every post that I get info from and the WOLF story is a prime example. Other than that, I thank you. :-)

From Newsblues: Sinclair primary anchor in Asheville let go; It looks like it was Larry Blunt from WLOS is OUT!

If I was Larry's agent I would send his resume to weedtv.com

"Larry Blunt has the news at 4:20"

I bet he could own the joint

• Like 5

If I was Larry's agent I would send his resume to weedtv.com

"Larry Blunt has the news at 4:20"

I bet he could own the joint

They just have to hash out the details.

I know a great co-anchor, if she could stay out of prison.

1411416778622_Image_galleryImage_Charlo_Green_reporter_qui.JPG

• Like 4

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic