Out & About

TexasTVNews

And now the Dispatch is even making such claims....

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2016/12/29/yolanda-harris-leaves-station.html

If they and 10TV were still under common ownership, the story wouldn't have surfaced UNTIL 10TV made it official.

Could some of the recently departed from the Columbus airwaves be looking to make a comeback? Andrea Cambern? Mindy Drayer? Heck, even Cabot Rea and Dave Kaylor could resurface on WSYX / WTTE some day....

Cabot is the only one of those four I can tolerate (barely).

Andrea Cambern is the Jewish Yolanda Harris. Pleasing to the eyes, but a mediocre anchorette. Mindy Drayer and Dave Kaylor are just plain disgusting.

And now the Dispatch is even making such claims....

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2016/12/29/yolanda-harris-leaves-station.html

If they and 10TV were still under common ownership, the story wouldn't have surfaced UNTIL 10TV made it official.

Could some of the recently departed from the Columbus airwaves be looking to make a comeback? Andrea Cambern? Mindy Drayer? Heck, even Cabot Rea and Dave Kaylor could resurface on WSYX / WTTE some day....

Andrea Cambern is living the good life in California, where her husband is a VP at Chase, so no not coming back, and she doing some freelance work or working part time at the local newsapaper. Kaylor is reitred in Arizona, but doing some commerical work. Nope! Cabot is committed to 4, but let see if that still the case when Nextstar moves in.

Two comments:

1. In real life, I joke around about what a great environmentalist I am. I use both sides of copy paper, and I don't throw anything away which still has a use. In other words, I'm cheap. I can't believe there isn't some way to give some face time to all the high priced talent with the high "Q" ratings -- it is environmentally sound. Hell, Yolanda is good looking enough that I would have her popping up on WTHR as well.

Mike Davis has a great voice, but he looks like a pigged out Howdy Doody; Chris Bradley is just plain dorky and dull. Bill Kelly or Bob Kendrick, on the other hand, would have been much better "gets" than Yolanda, in my opinion.

2. The kids are going to be sorry they let the family dynasty slip away. It sure beats working a day job. But then again, they own plenty of real estate. Maybe that will keep them busy.

Mike Davis yeah he was super fat late 90s early 2000s, but looks like he lost some weight. IMO Kelly and Kendrick got on my nerves. Bill Kelly, is too hype up on some drugs, and Robert Kendrick seems too stiff. Bob, worked at WFTS & KUSA, but he get on my nerves. William Kelly, worked at Sacramento, Spokane and Phoenix, but Chris Bradley seems like the sane one vs. Kelly. Chris Bradley scares old ladies (which he was doing and the station had to telling him to calm down) Bill Kelly, seems like he either doped up on meth or Percocet. I will say they made a good team, but I like Yolanda/Gabe/Jerry over Yo/Bob/Bill.

• Like 5

Why not just bring them up through the groups farm systems....

...and then let us trade them between groups and cities.

just like baseball.

batter-up!

(I will trade 3 old male reporters for 1 young wx bunny)

WCMH was home to Doug Adair and Mona Scott for about 25 years after they left WKYC... which really WAS run as the minor leagues for WNBC.

• Like 2

Why not just bring them up through the groups farm systems....

...and then let us trade them between groups and cities.

just like baseball.

batter-up!

(I will trade 3 old male reporters for 1 young wx bunny)

Give us a MILFy weekend anchor and Stormy, the Weather Schnauzer; and you got yourself a deal.

• Like 1

They could always move up Deborah Linz from Dayton over to Columbus.....She anchored at WCHS/WVAH for a while back in the 2000s until moving to WKEF/WRGT to rescue their failing news product.

Even her former co-anchor Rick Lord had a brief stint at WSYX/WTTE. Tom McGee's "final" DUI incident resulted in his return to WCHS/WVAH where he's been a primary anchor ever since.

• Like 1

They could always move up Deborah Linz from Dayton over to Columbus.....She anchored at WCHS/WVAH for a while back in the 2000s until moving to WKEF/WRGT to rescue their failing news product.

Even her former co-anchor Rick Lord had a brief stint at WSYX/WTTE. Tom McGee's "final" DUI incident resulted in his return to WCHS/WVAH where he's been a primary anchor ever since.

They have her paired up with the wrong guy. Is it just me, or is Adam Aaro pretty goofy looking? I'm not saying he belongs in a leper colony, just not as the main anchor in a decent-sized market. Besides, it gives me a Mrs. Robinson vibe to see him paired with her.
  • Like 2

[quote name='TriangleTriadMediaNews']Noticed in my FIOS program guide the other day that WTVR now has a 6:30pm newscast with no mention of CBS-EN at all. While it did air at 6:30 followed by the 7pm news, I wonder if they're planning to bump CBS-EN to 7 after the new year and have a two hour block of local news from 5-7?[/QUOTE] Same thing with the Comcast and Screener (formerly Zap2It) program guides. It's been like that for a while. I was like "WTVR doesn't have a local weeknight 6:30 newscast. Something's not right here..." [B]EDIT: [/B]@WSVNFan already answered your question. Never mind.
  • Like 1

It's a New Years Eve Retrans Double Header in Oklahoma...

- First it's Griffin VS Dish, deadline as soon as the ball drops:

KOTV- http://www.keepnewson6.com/ KWTV- http://www.keepnews9.com/

- Followed by Cox VS AT&T, deadline 2:00am Jan. 1:

KOKI- http://www.fox23.com/entertainment/television/attdirectv-faqs/479127871

KSL vs Dish

ABC has been the worst for New years eve coverage. Mariah Carey tries to sing with missing vocals but eventualy doesnt, one of the monitors got rained on in new orleans via satelite causing the monitor go into static and also ABC had to cut to the dreaded Color bars "ABC TV NEW YORK" thing with the ABC bug on the corner for a few seconds. then my station (KXTV) goes into dead air until they come back followed by an ABC 10 news promo then a TIME/TEMP VANC screen and after that Ryan seacrest acts like it never happened. i don't know why all of this is even happening??????

ABC has been the worst for New years eve coverage. Mariah Carey tries to sing with missing vocals but eventualy doesnt, one of the monitors got rained on in new orleans via satelite causing the monitor go into static and also ABC had to cut to the dreaded Color bars "ABC TV NEW YORK" thing with the ABC bug on the corner for a few seconds. then my station (KXTV) goes into dead air until they come back followed by an ABC 10 news promo then a TIME/TEMP VANC screen and after that Ryan seacrest acts like it never happened. i don't know why all of this is even happening??????

Automation... a sobering thought to get you into an ever more automated new year...

Automation... a sobering thought to get you into an ever more automated new year...

No wonder everything was messing up that night. too bad i wasn't able to watch NBC's coverage because of the Hearst thing with Directv. so i ended up watching the Countdown on Fox. unfortunately CBS doesn't have a new years eve show though i wish they fix that somehow.

No wonder everything was messing up that night. too bad i wasn't able to watch NBC's coverage because of the Hearst thing with Directv. so i ended up watching the Countdown on Fox. unfortunately CBS doesn't have a new years eve show though i wish they fix that somehow.

Or just do what I do every NYE... NOT watch the shows and find something else instead. SportsCenter maybe? I watched them instead.

• Like 3

After watching the 11:59 sequence with DNCE standing behind a robotic Seacrest (yeah, I'm being redundant) looking like rejects from Andy Warhol's The Factory, I'll never watch ABC's countdown ever again. What a shameful display.

• Like 1

Or just do what I do every NYE... NOT watch the shows and find something else instead. SportsCenter maybe? I watched them instead.

A few of my Twitter friends watched Star Wars Episode VI starting at 10:10PM... timed so that the Death Star explodes at midnight.

• Like 3

Or just spend your time as it appears a bunch of other people apparently did ... hang out on TVNewsTalk. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

In that case, WEAR pre-empting that for their own annual trainwreck of the Pelican drop may have been a blessing in disguise. The usual miscues and technical gremlins were exasperated by the rain. One of their poor reporters looked like they were teetering over the edge about to be blown off a balcony in Destin covering their own celebration..of sorts.

It's never been the same since Dick Clark passed away. These shows and the celebrities that perform on them just get worse and worse, and I just tune in the last 3 minutes or so to see the ball or whatever thing drops or counts down to Midnight.

• Like 3

...and if you're a DirecTV subscriber with a COX and/or a Hearst station in your market....time to put up an antenna.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100363/no-new-retrans-contract-for-hearst-directv

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100362/cox-directv-fail-to-reach-retrans-deal

I bet there are some freaked out people in Boston right now....this along with their NBC switch-e-roo!

• Like 2

...and if you're a DirecTV subscriber with a COX and/or a Hearst station in your market....time to put up an antenna.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100363/no-new-retrans-contract-for-hearst-directv

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100362/cox-directv-fail-to-reach-retrans-deal

I bet there are some freaked out people in Boston right now....this along with their NBC switch-e-roo!

Looks like Cox and AT&T have reached a deal. That didn't take long.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017/01/01/wsb-tv-returns-for-directv-and-att-u-verse-customers/

Considering I can't remember anything from after about 10:30 PM I'd say it worked out just the same.