Out & About

TexasTVNews

KHOU's changes were very radical considering with the new news director from KGW installing hubby as lead AM anchor with Lisa Hernandez and then bumping Greg Hurst off of the 10P for Mia Gradney and Len Cannon. ITs bad when the only stable newscast is your noon newscast.

What newscast does Greg Hurst anchor now and is Mia Gradney the only female primetime anchor?

Interesting read from The Washington Post on how ESPN's loss of subscribers has Disney investors worrying and how it might effect the TV landscape.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/12/07/one-of-disneys-most-popular-brands-has-investors-really-worried

Strange as it sounds, it seems like Scripps may have done the right thing in spinning off their cable networks.

• Like 1

I hope you don't guys don't mind sharing me the KONG logo history on here and I apologize if its in the wrong thread, but there's a reason why I'm doing it. You'll see in the end and this is according to Logopedia.

First logo and cheap at best (1997-2005)

latest?cb=20110606031934

Second and most recognizable logo (2005-2016)

latest?cb=20110605061744

For some reason, they introduced a new logo in Mid-2016 to get rid of cable/OTA channel numbers (2016)

639?cb=20160917071351

And now, just recently, the logo has changed so here's the brand new logo and shouldn't surprise any of us... (2016-present)

640?cb=20160929215902

So KONG has changed its logo and look though I'm not sure how it looks like on TV since I don't live in the Seattle area.

And CBS hasn't bought this train wreck of a station yet because.....

the amazing thing is that Meredith isn't a bad owner. KCTV, KPTV, and WFSB show that they know how to properly run a station. Yet when it comes to WGCL they can't do anything right; the talent seems to only last 2 years at the station leading to a constant revolving door, they change their branding every 5 to 6 years, their syndication lineup is scarce and they rely on infomercials to fill time ( a top 10 market station airing infomercials at 1pm every day is inexcusable), they have absolutely no identity in the Atlanta new landscape, and to top it all off they haven't been able to take advantage of Tenga/Gannett's total mismanagement of WXIA.

• Like 1

It's like Raycom and WOIO. Running a station in this sized market is clearly too much for them. Why CBS puts up with their failure year after year while sitting on WUPA...

WUPA was CBS's insurance policy if Tribune refused to put CBS on WGNX (too bad they sold out because seeing as how Tribune has exploded in size since then...)

It's like Raycom and WOIO. Running a station in this sized market is clearly too much for them. Why CBS puts up with their failure year after year while sitting on WUPA...

WUPA was CBS's insurance policy if Tribune refused to put CBS on WGNX (too bad they sold out because seeing as how Tribune has exploded in size since then...)

I think that CBS prefers having WGCL be the mess that it is over having WUPA become the Atlanta version of WWJ. WGCL is a mess, but it's much more preferable over the alternative.

• Like 1

the amazing thing is that Meredith isn't a bad owner. KCTV, KPTV, and WFSB show that they know how to properly run a station. Yet when it comes to WGCL they can't do anything right; the talent seems to only last 2 years at the station leading to a constant revolving door, they change their branding every 5 to 6 years, their syndication lineup is scarce and they rely on infomercials to fill time ( a top 10 market station airing infomercials at 1pm every day is inexcusable), they have absolutely no identity in the Atlanta new landscape, and to top it all off they haven't been able to take advantage of Tenga/Gannett's total mismanagement of WXIA.

I think WGCL46 has the right people in place, but they just can't stop being dysfunctional. I did see with Amanda, doing the Morning news somewhat making WXIA a competitive in the AM where both tied in third place. However, there needs to be tough love to Ms. Davis. Meanwhile Meredith isn't a bad company, if WOIO/19 & KTVT/11 could from the gutter to compete with the three big dogs; then WGCL/46 can do the same thing as well too. It just needs to stop with the shit show.

• Like 4

I think WGCL46 has the right people in place, but they just can't stop being dysfunctional. I did see with Amanda, doing the Morning news somewhat making WXIA a competitive in the AM where both tied in third place. However, there needs to be tough love to Ms. Davis. Meanwhile Meredith isn't a bad company, if WOIO/19 & KTVT/11 could from the gutter to compete with the three big dogs; then WGCL/46 can do the same thing as well too. It just needs to stop with the shit show.

Got another sweeps idea for WGCL....

Amanda's Community Service...

From Freeway Trash to Chain Gang Treasures

Turns out that Amanda Davis should never have been arrested. Her license was valid but the police system showed it as being suspended even though her license had been reinstated.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/12/14/amanda-davis-arrest-was-a-misunderstanding-her-license-had-not-been-suspended/

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic