Out & About

TexasTVNews

Wouldn't be surprising. She's pretty much the only dinosaur left who hasn't taken a buyout.

But I guess even if she isn't on TV, she'll always be there to tell you that YOU are delaying the departure of THIS train.

Or a Dinosaur who in Gannett/TEGNA fold that hasn't been apart of the mass cutting. Brenda Wood at WXIA said she leaving on her own, but you have to wonder. Andrea Roane, Bruce Johnson, Topper Shutt have been mainstays at W*USA will they'll get the boot? Another Jeannie Blaylock, Ken Amaro & Tim Deegan another mainstay at Channel 12 in Jacksonville,

It seems that TEGNA wants young and cheaper and pre-TEGNA you had alot of strong iconic anchors in those markets placed well with big salaries. Now, you if you can get them a fraction of the cost all is well. Also Sandra Hughes returns to WFMY Channel 2 in Greensboro.

Okay. We all heard last week that WSBT will be producing WNWO's newscasts.

Now FTVLive posted this morning that Scranton's WOLF's Sinclair-produced newscast could also be produced out of WSBT.

Follow-up regarding WWL's morning show 7-9am switch to WUPL this morning.

On the promo it hinted a brand new look. Well, believe it or not, their brand new look is their brand new morning SET!!!

[MEDIA=twitter]805755481436332032[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]805764475194380288[/MEDIA]

And the vid below is WWL's first tease of CBS This Morning during the Eyewitness Morning News.

[MEDIA=vimeo]194349170[/MEDIA]

Isn't WOLF's newscast produced by WBRE?

It seems that TEGNA wants young and cheaper and pre-TEGNA you had alot of strong iconic anchors in those markets placed well with big salaries. Now, you if you can get them a fraction of the cost all is well.

KYTX has sure gone the cheapie-cheap/whos-that route at 6 & 10. Not the way to go up against KLTV, I'm afraid. Meanwhile, at least WFAA isn't quite that bad, but oh has there been the revolving door there since the sale (not that the other north TX news stations haven't had their own dizzying amounts of talent changes lately).

• Like 1

KYTX has sure gone the cheapie-cheap/whos-that route at 6 & 10. Not the way to go up against KLTV, I'm afraid. Meanwhile, at least WFAA isn't quite that bad, but oh has there been the revolving door there since the sale (not that the other north TX news stations haven't had their own dizzying amounts of talent changes lately).

KHOU 11 seems have changed as well too, and it the ratings seem to have fallen as well too.

I don't know what's going on at WFAA, but the revolving doors keeps on coming. The DFW's ABC station has dumped weekend meteorologist Wes Houx

and replacing him with Kyle Roberts from KOKH (FOX) OKC. TEGNA8 also hired Jesse Hawaila to replace wekkend PM meteorologist Ashton Altieri who

left the station in August to work at KCNC (CBS) Denver.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wfaa-swaps-weekend-meteorologists/182666

Former WAGA anchor Amanda Davis will be WGCL's new morning anchor, replacing Gloria Neal who left last month.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/12/07/amanda-davis-taking-morning-anchor-spot-at-cbs46-for-gloria-neal/

I kinda feel like this was only a matter of time. We'll see if it was a smart move for CBS46. Regardless, I'm glad to see her trying to make a comeback. I hope it all works out for the best.

• Like 1

KHOU 11 seems have changed as well too, and it the ratings seem to have fallen as well too.

KHOU's changes were very radical considering with the new news director from KGW installing hubby as lead AM anchor with Lisa Hernandez and then bumping Greg Hurst off of the 10P for Mia Gradney and Len Cannon. ITs bad when the only stable newscast is your noon newscast.

Interesting read from The Washington Post on how ESPN's loss of subscribers has Disney investors worrying and how it might effect the TV landscape.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/12/07/one-of-disneys-most-popular-brands-has-investors-really-worried

Granted this is moreso about cord cutting, but in general, ESPN is awful, plain & simple. Maybe I'm just a picky sports fan, but watching their coverage of any sport, especially baseball, is usually a train-wreck.

• Like 2

Granted this is moreso about cord cutting, but in general, ESPN is awful, plain & simple. Maybe I'm just a picky sports fan, but watching their coverage of any sport, especially baseball, is usually a train-wreck.

So how would you feel about FS1 / ESPN becoming a combined network?

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic