Out & About

TexasTVNews

is she going to another station in the market?

"As fulfilling as my work here at WTTG has been, I am very excited to begin this new journey that involves my passions and will make a difference in our community. I am proud to have been part of such an awesome team of creative and motivated journalists." Also says she'll make her announcement about her plans soon.

To me, that translates into her contract not being renewed.

A couple of talent shuffles in the Memphis market:

WHBQ reporter Scott Madaus has been promoted to morning news anchor (4:30-6am) for Good Morning Memphis. His first day in his new position is Monday.

Also, WREG announced during Claudia Barr's final newscast tonight that Stephanie Scurlock will take over as the new evening news anchor for the station. She was recently the morning news co-anchor for WREG's Daybreak.

• Like 2

Crazy story in Denver with the sudden resignation of KDVR reporter Heidi Hemmat (tracing back to threats on her life by a business owner under investigation for consumer fraud); who went on to suggest KDVR management didn't take the threats seriously (in an update to this story, the management denies Hemmat's claims that they ignored those charges)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/reporter-quits-after-receiving-death-threats-my-physical-and-mental-health-were-unraveling/

Shiba Russel will always be known as the woman who replaces legendary female anchors in different markets. Well to me anyway.

At least in Atlanta she's not replacing anyone legendary. She's replacing the person who is replacing the legendary anchor. ;)

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic