Out & About

TexasTVNews

WWL has been losing ground over the last few years, and this move could be what puts either WDSU or WVUE ahead of them in the ratings.

If their CBS affiliation was ever in jeopardy, WWL would do just fine as an independent.

unless they switch with another affiliate. i could see WWL taking ABC or CW from either of the 2 Tribune stations in that market replacing their CBS.

unless they switch with another affiliate. i could see WWL taking ABC or CW from either of the 2 Tribune stations in that market replacing their CBS.

Unfortunately, I dont see that happening since WWL has been CBS for as long as I can remember and possibly as long as the station has been around itself.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I dont see that happening since WWL has been CBS for as long as I can remember and possibly as long as the station has been around itself.

if WWL stays CBS they will need to renew their affiliation. but it wont happen anytime soon.

if WWL stays CBS they will need to renew their affiliation. but it wont happen anytime soon.

If WWL were to go Independent instead, it would be a HUGE blow to WDSU, WVUE and especially WGNO. I dont see that happening, but i don't wanna rule anything out.

• Like 1

Lateral moves at WAVY; with weekend morning anchor Lex Gray moving to weekdays alongside the entrenched morning team of Don Roberts and Katie Collett

[MEDIA=twitter]797818669065703424[/MEDIA]

Replacing Gray on weekends is newcomer Marielena Balouris (at the station since August)

WEWS in Cleveland will now be down two meteorologists as Tera Blake is leaving to join WKRC in Cincinnati for its weekday morning newscast. This is according to TVSpy.

What's going on with WEWS? It used to be a powerhouse but for the past 3 years, too many changes.

What's going on with WEWS? It used to be a powerhouse but for the past 3 years, too many changes.

Pretty much. WKYC found success in the late 90s with Ramona Robinson at 6/11 and the early evening talk duo of Ellen at 4pm and Dr. Phil at 5pm. Aside from their turnover between 2008-2012, they have shown remarkable stability.

WEWS took forever to find a successor to Ted Henry, lost ratings powerhouses Oprah, WoF and J! in the span of a few months, and has been blowing up the roster of their morning show ever 15-18 months. (Note that one-time morning anchors Macie McInnis Jepson and Josh Boose are now newscasters/reporters for WTAM/1100 and iHeartMedia's 24/7 Total Traffic/News.)

So in short, WKYC finally took advantage of WEWS's weaknesses and slowly ascended to #2 in the market, behind WJW.

• Like 3

Pretty much. WKYC found success in the late 90s with Ramona Robinson at 6/11 and the early evening talk duo of Ellen at 4pm and Dr. Phil at 5pm. Aside from their turnover between 2008-2012, they have shown remarkable stability.

WEWS took forever to find a successor to Ted Henry, lost ratings powerhouses Oprah, WoF and J! in the span of a few months, and has been blowing up the roster of their morning show ever 15-18 months. (Note that one-time morning anchors Macie McInnis Jepson and Josh Boose are now newscasters/reporters for WTAM/1100 and iHeartMedia's 24/7 Total Traffic/News.)

So in short, WKYC finally took advantage of WEWS's weaknesses and slowly ascended to #2 in the market, behind WJW.

Jepson's first co-anchor, Mike Dunston, is now anchoring weekend evenings at WGCL in Atlanta. One of his co-workers is Sharon Reed, who also used to anchor in Cleveland, but at WOIO/WUAB.

Speaking of 19/43, another WEWS alum, Jason Nicholas, is slated to start work as Chief Meteorologist soon, so don't be surprised if helps to steal viewers from 5.

5 has seen a lot of talent turnover since their first big makeover back in 1998. I'm not sure yet another one would be wise. There is some hope where a promo mentions that "News 5 at 6" and "ABC World News Tonight" is gaining viewers.

Back to 19/43, someone mentioned on another message board that Raycom posted an opening for a new Traffic Anchor/Reporter. I wonder what that could mean.

My Facebook friend, Jon Du Pre (KPHO, KTVX, and KUSI) is now at Shreveport's KTBS-TV (ABC) as the station 9:00PM (KPXJ) & 10:00PM anchor and reporter

with former WFAA anchor Shon Gables. Du Pre replaces Devon Patton who now anchors the stations 4:00PM newscast on KPXJ.

Jepson's first co-anchor, Mike Dunston, is now anchoring weekend evenings at WGCL in Atlanta. One of his co-workers is Sharon Reed, who also used to anchor in Cleveland, but at WOIO/WUAB.

Speaking of 19/43, another WEWS alum, Jason Nicholas, is slated to start work as Chief Meteorologist soon, so don't be surprised if helps to steal viewers from 5.

5 has seen a lot of talent turnover since their first big makeover back in 1998. I'm not sure yet another one would be wise. There is some hope where a promo mentions that "News 5 at 6" and "ABC World News Tonight" is gaining viewers.

Back to 19/43, someone mentioned on another message board that Raycom posted an opening for a new Traffic Anchor/Reporter. I wonder what that could mean.

With WEWS falling flat and WJW #1, WKYC#2 WEWS #3 it time for WOIO to make some aggressive moves to move the station up. When WEWS can't hold on to it legacy, and WOIO becomes the moral compass in Cleveland. There's a problem.

WEWS needs to look at themselves in the mirror & makes some minor changes. Evening Team not a problem, but all these Scripps mandates is part of the problem, and a slew of others.

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic