Out & About

TexasTVNews

WPTA in Fort Wayne continues to shift around anchors as it prepares for the new studio debut. Chief Meteorologist Carlo Falco (who was hired in June and generally not well received) is gone and the station has rehired Matt Leach (who left to work for a nonprofit in July) as Chief Meteorologist. As far as anchors, Angela Brown who came from Flint, MI has been moved to weekends and Alexis Gray from the recently shut down (and also Quincy owned) WSJV is now the weekday anchor. The new Fort Wayne's NBC (which switched to WPTA 21.2) continues to be promoted, with both studios on target to launch in November. So many changes here in Fort Wayne!

Isn't Adam Longo currently anchoring the 5 & 11? Because if Leon plans on coming to WUSA to take the 6 and/or 11, what's next for Adam?

Good question. The only thing I could think of off the top of my head is keeping him at 5 with Lesli Foster and team him up with Andrea Roane to co-anchor the noon news as well, along with being Leon's backup. I don't see Bruce Johnson retiring anytime soon as he just got the 7pm newscast to himself (haven't watched it yet to see what it's like), so if Leon did come to WUSA, it's really difficult to figure out what the hell WUSA would do.

• Like 3

WPTA in Fort Wayne continues to shift around anchors as it prepares for the new studio debut. Chief Meteorologist Carlo Falco (who was hired in June and generally not well received) is gone and the station has rehired Matt Leach (who left to work for a nonprofit in July) as Chief Meteorologist. As far as anchors, Angela Brown who came from Flint, MI has been moved to weekends and Alexis Gray from the recently shut down (and also Quincy owned) WSJV is now the weekday anchor. The new Fort Wayne's NBC (which switched to WPTA 21.2) continues to be promoted, with both studios on target to launch in November. So many changes here in Fort Wayne!

I wonder what the relaunched "Fort Wayne's NBC" will have in terms of newscasts.

Good question. The only thing I could think of off the top of my head is keeping him at 5 with Lesli Foster and team him up with Andrea Roane to co-anchor the noon news as well, along with being Leon's backup. I don't see Bruce Johnson retiring anytime soon as he just got the 7pm newscast to himself (haven't watched it yet to see what it's like), so if Leon did come to WUSA, it's really difficult to figure out what the hell WUSA would do.

Well, I guess Jan Jeffcoat moving to the morning news, Andrea doing noon news. 5pm Adam/Lesli, 6pm Leon/Lesli, &7pm, Bruce Johnson, 11pm Leon/Adam- Now that's my wishful casting. However, TEGNA probably wouldn't go for it though.

• Like 1

Well, I guess Jan Jeffcoat moving to the morning news, Andrea doing noon news. 5pm Adam/Lesli, 6pm Leon/Lesli, &7pm, Bruce Johnson, 11pm Leon/Adam- Now that's my wishful casting. However, TEGNA probably wouldn't go for it though.

Adam Longo and Leon Harris, the new Gordon and Max at 11pm.

• Like 3

Apparently Chris Murphy is coming back to San Diego as an anchor at KSWB. Not sure what slot he is filling.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/on-the-move-92016/178380?utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=tvspy&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter20160920

Maybe weekdays? Either way, KSWB launched and 11pm newscast last night.

Couple of changes to report:

WOFL:

- Sonni Abata leaving

- LuAnne Sorrell moving to evenings at 5, 10 & 11

- Bob Frier moves to Good Day Orlando and joins Amy Kaufeldt from 7-10am

- Charles Billi joins the station as 5,10 & 11 pm co-anchor with LuAnne Sorrell.

- Danielle Knox joins the station as 4-7am co-anchor of Good Day Orlando with Ryan Elijah.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/orlando-station-announces-new-anchor-lineup/178489

WBAL:

Andre Hepkins joins the station as 5:30 and 10 pm co-anchor and will report from the breaking news desk for the 6 & 11 pm newscasts.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wbal-adds-andre-hepkins/178506

• Like 1

WOFL:

- Sonni Abata leaving

- LuAnne Sorrell moving to evenings at 5, 10 & 11

- Bob Frier moves to Good Day Orlando and joins Amy Kaufeldt from 7-10am

- Charles Billi joins the station as 5,10 & 11 pm co-anchor with LuAnne Sorrell.

- Danielle Knox joins the station as 4-7am co-anchor of Good Day Orlando with Ryan Elijah.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/orlando-station-announces-new-anchor-lineup/178489

I know Knox, Billi and Sorrell from their 'SVN days so I congratulate them all on their new rolls. Sad to hear Abatta go since I liked her at 'OFL and Bob Frier is so trusted in the market so I was surprised that's he joining mornings but I guess they wanted a new pair since Abatta was leaving.

The only person unaffected was Stephen Hauck, who'll continue to do (the hour-long) NewsEdge at 6:00pm.

WBAL:

Andre Hepkins joins the station as 5:30 and 10 pm co-anchor and will report from the breaking news desk for the 6 & 11 pm newscasts.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wbal-adds-andre-hepkins/178506

Will Donna be doing the whole hour while Andre and Stan each do 1/2 ?

• Like 1

WDIV's lead female anchor Carmen Harlan set to retire in Nov after 38 years with the station. Nov 11, final air date.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/detroit-broadcasting-legend-carmen-harlan-to-retire-from-wdiv-local-4-in-november

So sad to hear. She is one of the greats in the market. She will be missed definitely. :-(

• Like 1

So sad to hear. She is one of the greats in the market. She will be missed definitely. :-(

Wow. When I first saw this, I thought she was just going to scale back her hours. I wonder who is going to replace her. The Kimberly Gill hire is making so much sense now.

Wow. When I first saw this, I thought she was just going to scale back her hours. I wonder who is going to replace her. The Kimberly Gill hire is making so much sense now.

I guess I wasn't the only one that thought Kimberly is the heir apparent.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/veteran-detroit-tv-news-anchor-carmen-harlan-signing-off-retiring-in-november/

Rhonda Walker has been itching to get Carmen's job. Many Detroiters would say Ruth wanted Carmen's job. Lila wanted Ruth's job and Rhonda wanted Lila's job. However, Rhonda Walker has been

itching to get Carmen's job, but it seems that Kimberly is the ideal candidate, but we should see how it all will play out. I wonder if they would move Karen Drew to morning news/noon. Rhonda at 4,5 and Kimberly at 6/11.

• Like 1

Rhonda Walker has been itching to get Carmen's job. Many Detroiters would say Ruth wanted Carmen's job. Lila wanted Ruth's job and Rhonda wanted Lila's job. However, Rhonda Walker has been

itching to get Carmen's job, but it seems that Kimberly is the ideal candidate, but we should see how it all will play out. I wonder if they would move Karen Drew to morning news/noon. Rhonda at 4,5 and Kimberly at 6/11.

I can see Rhonda do the 4 and 6 and Kimberly the 5 and 11. How long has Rhonda been doing mornings anyway?

So, who is left at 7 in Miami in the mornings?

Diana Diaz and Christine Cruz are still holding ship with Alex De Armas anchoring at times. Vivan Gonzalez has the 7 Weather and Stephen J. Gray and Laura Lane team up for 7 FastTrak Traffic.

They also have Omar Lewis and Lorena Estrada (anchors of the weekend morning newscast) reporting in the morning, throughout the week.

Ashley Jones has left WSVN and I had no idea until looking at her FB page just now and apparently, she left in August.

Which means the 4:00, 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30pm slot left by Danielle hasn't still been filled and Jeff Lennox has been filling-in in the meantime. And ever since former 'SVN-er Charles Billi left the station, Lynn has anchored with Reid Lamberty, some anchor after him in which I forgot and Danielle Knox.

I can see Rhonda do the 4 and 6 and Kimberly the 5 and 11. How long has Rhonda been doing mornings anyway?

Rhonda been doing mornings since 1998, but that when she was doing traffic over at FOX 2. In 2003, she jump ship to Channel 4 doing the morning news, but in 2007 for a hot minute she was doing the 5PM News. Not sure if it was for the hour-long or if it was 30 minutes. That didn't last long, so she was placed back on the morning news. WDIV has alot of castaways from FOX 2 and a few from WXYZ. Their talent bench is heavy. I still can't believe Carmen, is retiring. I just think the station would have her continue in some role, where they bring her out for special reports. She been the face of that station forever. There was a time back when WJBK/TV2 was CBS they were courting Carmen to jump ship.

• Like 2