Out & About

TexasTVNews

DCRTV reports that Leon Harris will be leaving WJLA/NC8 in October after 13 years.

EDIT:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">13 great yrs at ABC7 are not enough, but will have to be. Thanks for the support, all! Not my choice, but it's now my challenge. Much love!</p>— Leon Harris (@LeonABC7) <a href="[MEDIA=twitter]771730256998854656[/MEDIA]">September 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

(sorry if this is jumbled up, I'm not familiar with HTML.)

All you have to do is copy the link of the tweet in the post with no code and it's automatically embed.

• Like 1

DCRTV reports that Leon Harris will be leaving WJLA/NC8 in October after 13 years.

EDIT:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">13 great yrs at ABC7 are not enough, but will have to be. Thanks for the support, all! Not my choice, but it's now my challenge. Much love!</p>— Leon Harris (@LeonABC7) <a href="[MEDIA=twitter]771730256998854656[/MEDIA]">September 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

(sorry if this is jumbled up, I'm not familiar with HTML.)

All you have to do is copy the link of the tweet in the post with no code and it's automatically embed.
Trouble editing on my iPad. The same goes for images, YouTube, Vimeo and Imgur - if you have the direct link it will automatically embed. A

On Monday there will be a benefit concert called "Louisiana Rising" for flood relief hosted by Harry Connick, Jr (perfect timing for a show launch). I found out about this because WBAL was airing a promos saying it will be on MeTV at 8PM (it's also airing on WBFF's This TV 45.3) Based on their website the show will air on most (if not all) Raycom stations and a large group of others.

The shows sponsored by Raycom and Cox.

There are many competing stations airing the broadcast (Like WBAL and WBFF) but some stations of sponsors aren't bothering to carry the broadcast and its airing on other stations. For example it's not airing on WSB (none in Atlanta) or WFTV in Orlando. However WFTV's competitors WESH (not sure what subchannel) and WKMG (on Cozi) are airing the broadcast.

I would think of your group is sponsoring a big event you would want them to carry it even on a subchannel for maximum exposure. Think of how it would look PR wise if a station in Pittsburgh (in Cox's case) was carrying a benefit for a station in Louisiana. Shows a bit of commitment to helping others.

• Like 2

I have to give a proper ending to my thread (as in the "how much of a difference have we made?" ghread) right now, and this will be a rant.

Yes I may have gone a bit overboard with the activism thing, but seeing many of these news stories really just grinds my gears (and I mean with a screeching sound). And as much as I hate how a lot of police procedurals (Law and Order and its spinoffs being the most infamous) make it look like they're glorifying police brutality (and maybe are, but I don't know if they are or not), there's at least the wire, and I even prefer watching criminal minds over law and order. What I do think though, is that, contrary to popular belief, not only is there a liberal bias in the media, but also a conservative bias as well. In other words, it's either conservative (sometimes extreme conservatism) like Fox News, Sinclair, and possibly Nexstar, or liberal (sometimes extremely liberal) like NBC, Gannett and TEGNA, Raycom, CBS, and more recently, ABC, and there is almost no middle ground except Time inc (as in Time magazine), PBS (which is most of my use for my tv set recently), and, to a lesser extent, time warner and tribune. Also, there's quite a chunk of BS on the news media about stuff like bravery and cowardice (which if I even discuss that again, it'll go as horribly as last time), female oppression (there's actual female oppression in third world countries like Syria and Lebanon, and ISIS are a well know group of sexists who don't care if no means no), and even crime stats (crime has gone down, but many think its on the rise). And btw, I don't think most whites have white privilege (despite what the media tells us) or they wouldn't have to move out of gentrified cities like many minorities do because the rent is too damn high (which goes for many middle class people regardless of race).

I also want to talk about the fact that I just thought that if I could find people here that would join me in becoming activists in the TV industry, I would have a good start and a good structure as to what issues we'd tackle, but it turns out I was completely wrong.

So there, go ahead and speculate, gossip, and be misinformed about stuff in the TV industry, I'm finding some other group of people that will join me, and even if I can't do that, I can still solve (or attempt to solve) the gentrification problem that Austin has, travel the world and have my own adventures.

• Like 2

Well..in this crazy world of TV..some changes over at WPLG:

First: Christina Vazquez who ran the Consumer Investigative portion of Local 10 left to do PR. Now it is looking like Constance Jones will be leaving the station. Her traffic duties have already been handed over to Nicole Perez and FTVLive mentioned that she will be headed up to FOX 5 in Atlanta in the mornings.

• Like 1

Well..in this crazy world of TV..some changes over at WPLG:

First: Christina Vazquez who ran the Consumer Investigative portion of Local 10 left to do PR. Now it is looking like Constance Jones will be leaving the station. Her traffic duties have already been handed over to Nicole Perez and FTVLive mentioned that she will be headed up to FOX 5 in Atlanta in the mornings.

Speaking of WPLG they are adding an hour long 9:00a newscast bumping Live with Kelly to 10:00a.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/mobile/index/article/id/97564

Speaking of WPLG they are adding an hour long 9:00a newscast bumping Live with Kelly to 10:00a.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/mobile/index/article/id/97564

Something I reported last week on my blog.

Other notables from today on my blog:

- WPHL 17's in-house morning newscast has expanded to 5:00am.

- KTVZ 21 is expanding to half-hour news at 7:00pm.

- KEZI 9 and KDRV 12 are both adding hour-long 4:00pm newscasts.

KTVZ 21, KEZI 9 and KDRV 12's new newscasts all debut on September 12th, which is this year's day of "adding newscasts" left and right, across the country.

• Like 2

There's a new chief meteorologist at CBS 11 (KTVT) and his name is Scott Padgett. Five months after Larry Mowry left for Chicago (WLS-TV), the station decided that instead of a nationwide search for Larry's replacement; they chose Scott to take the helm as lead weatherman for the stations 5, 6 & 10PM newscasts. Padgett joined KTVT three years ago this month as the new morning meteorologist replacing Garry Seith (now at KSDK).

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/4969c8e3761dce91a455e7657a022d91-3768.html

There's a new chief meteorologist at CBS 11 (KTVT) and his name is Scott Padgett. Five months after Larry Mowry left for Chicago (WLS-TV), the station decided that instead of a nationwide search for Larry's replacement; they chose Scott to take the helm as lead weatherman for the stations 5, 6 & 10PM newscasts. Padgett joined KTVT three years ago this month as the new morning meteorologist replacing Garry Seith (now at KSDK).

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw_files/4969c8e3761dce91a455e7657a022d91-3768.html

Good for him! He was likeable at WPLG.

• Like 1

KTLA seems to be having a meltdown right now. At exactly 6 PM, a studio shot came on air showing the anchors getting ready without any graphics on screen. At first it didn't seem like they knew they were on the air, but after a few seconds they were staring at a monitor looking confused. After a few seconds, they cut to Two and a Half Men, which is what they have been showing for the past 13 minutes now. Stay tuned...

• Like 5

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic