Out & About

TexasTVNews

DCRTV reports that longtime WUSA 9 morning anchor Andrea Roane has been demoted from the morning and noon news, to strictly doing the noon news.

As a DC native, this one really pisses me off. I grew up watching her originally on the 6 and 11pm news with Gordon Peterson, later moving to mornings with Mike "Buck" Buchanan, later Mike Walter, and I was so happy to see her again when I came back home for good last spring.

Yeah, she's one of my faves in the morning as well. I wonder who they may have in store to replace her...

• Like 1

Good news: A major job opening has been filled at WAGA!

Bad news: It's not Stephany Fisher (yet!), but Alyse Eady is coming from Little Rock to succeed Gurvir Dhindsa on Good Day Atlanta: http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/07/21/alyse-eady-takes-gurvir-dhindsas-spot-on-good-day-atlanta/

But I know very, very soon, Fox 5 will finally make the announcement all of Atlanta's been waiting for for a full year now.

More comings at WAGA/ FOX5

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/7/27/fox-aka-the-firm-shaking-up-atlanta-anchors

• Like 1

DCRTV reports that longtime WUSA 9 morning anchor Andrea Roane has been demoted from the morning and noon news, to strictly doing the noon news.

As a DC native, this one really pisses me off. I grew up watching her originally on the 6 and 11pm news with Gordon Peterson, later moving to mornings with Mike "Buck" Buchanan, later Mike Walter, and I was so happy to see her again when I came back home for good last spring.

I am a DC native too. Andrea Roane has always been a superstar. This pisses me off too.

• Like 1

apparently things are worse for WMGT then i thought,

First Morning Met. Marco LA Manno left 2 months ago to go to SNN in Sarasota, FL Kristen Kennedy is his replacement

then Chief Meteorologist Chris Simmons Left 2 Weeks ago, No Replacement has been named

then just last week, 2 days before Taylor Terrell's death, Weekend Anchor/Reporter Alexa Rodriguez is leaving for a station in Greenville-spartanburg SC in August. (WHNS is that Station)

Plus their Longtime Chief Photographer Robert Hughes Died last month

http://www.41nbc.com/2016/06/27/longtime-41nbc-chief-photographer-dies/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Tough Times indeed for WMGT. plus right now, they are WAY Under Staffed then Most Small Market Stations Right now. 3 News Anchors (1 Morning and 2 Evening), 1 Full Time Reporter, 2 Mets. (Mornings and Weekends) and 1 Sports Anchor/Reporter

It's a tough market to work in if you are not at WMAZ, since that station blows all the others out of the water.

It's a tough market to work in if you are not at WMAZ, since that station blows all the others out of the water.

Cause WMAZ has the foundation and Experience and the Books to do it right. WGXA had a Crappy owner in Frontier who put a new set in 2010 but not new cameras and Live trucks and control room upgrade. Sinclair owns them now and obviously is not in any hurry to upgrade WGXA to HD news. Poor WMGT had no news from 1992 - 2004 and then didn't go HD till 2 yrs. ago with a vitural set (mind you all of Morris Comm. is going to this model) even then, they have always been short staffed and way under experienced compared to WMAZ and even WGXA.

Dont even start on the Rathole Stinkpot of WPGA. Lowell Register is the Definition of CHEAP

• Like 2

Cause WMAZ has the foundation and Experience and the Books to do it right. WGXA had a Crappy owner in Frontier who put a new set in 2010 but not new cameras and Live trucks and control room upgrade. Sinclair owns them now and obviously is not in any hurry to upgrade WGXA to HD news. Poor WMGT had no news from 1992 - 2004 and then didn't go HD till 2 yrs. ago with a vitural set (mind you all of Morris Comm. is going to this model) even then, they have always been short staffed and way under experienced compared to WMAZ and even WGXA.

Dont even start on the Rathole Stinkpot of WPGA. Lowell Register is the Definition of CHEAP

In other words, the Macon market is no good unless if your at 13WMAZ.

WTKR producing a new lifestyle show called Coast Live to be co-hosted by April Woodard (returning to 'TKR after working for BET, MSNBC and FOX among other stops) and former WAVY meteorologist Cheryl Nelson.

http://wtkr.com/2016/07/27/introducing-coast-live/

The show is scheduled to launch in September in the 10:00 a.m. spot currently held by the 700 Club (which will be going to sister station WGNT; the first time they've carried the 700 Club since 2003).

Twp big departures to report courtesy of TVSpy.

• WRTV 6 (ABC) main anchor Todd Connor is out after six years. The Indianapolis Business Journal reported that Connor's contract was not renewed.
  • KCBS Chief Meteorologist/reporter Josh Rubenstein is leaving the CBS O&O station for job as Public Information Director for LAPD. Rubenstein has been with KCBS for 19 years since 1997.

WTKR producing a new lifestyle show called Coast Live to be co-hosted by April Woodard (returning to 'TKR after working for BET, MSNBC and FOX among other stops) and former WAVY meteorologist Cheryl Nelson.

http://wtkr.com/2016/07/27/introducing-coast-live/

The show is scheduled to launch in September in the 10:00 a.m. spot currently held by the 700 Club (which will be going to sister station WGNT; the first time they've carried the 700 Club since 2003).

10am? It's great that WTKR has a new local talk show, but I think they should put Coast Live at 9am and move Let's Make A Deal to 10am (most CBS affiliates air the game show at that timeslot). LMAD has been at 9am since Ellen moved to 3pm a few years ago.

10am? It's great that WTKR has a new local talk show, but I think they should put Coast Live at 9am and move Let's Make A Deal at 10am (most CBS affiliates air the game show at that timeslot). LMAD has been at 9am since Ellen moved to 3pm a few years ago.

That would've made total sense.

• Like 1

You know...at a back-to-school event over the weekend, I sort of brought it up to Adam Klotz (one of Fox 5's weather guys, wish it was Joanne Feldman) about any significant hirings without saying Stephany Fisher's name; he has no idea about it himself!

At least I did congratulate him on their ratings success all throughout May, all while finally saying the words "Channel 2" to his breath.

• Like 1

KSWB FOX 5 San Diego anchor Erica Fox will be leaving the station at the end of the week. She will be moving to Louisville, Kentucky to be closer to her husband and family. No word on who will replace her on the news at 9 am and 1pm.

My guess is Abbey Gibb will replace her (she was on this morning with Sharon Chen and Abbey sat in Raoul spot). She filled in a lot when Erica was on maternity leave and when Erica came back I wondered, what are they going to do with her. Now it all makes sense in hind sight.

My guess is Abbey Gibb will replace her (she was on this morning with Sharon Chen and Abbey sat in Raoul spot). She filled in a lot when Erica was on maternity leave and when Erica came back I wondered, what are they going to do with her. Now it all makes sense in hind sight.

Honestly, Abbey is good, but Heather Lake deserves the spot. She's put in her dues for many years now, and she deserves the spot.

http://m.wbtv.com/wbtv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od%3AIeXouYdC

WBTV launches a new lifestyle show on Labor Day at 9am. Doesn't say if it will be a half hour or an hour. If an hour, Flip My Food and Fix it and Finish It may be moving to 3 and 3:30, assuming they are renewed for another season. given that they are Raycom shows. Steve Harvey may be going to another station.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic