Out & About

TexasTVNews

Word around the San Diego Harbor, is that KNSD NBC 7 will be getting some new "weather equipment" and possible a weather truck like the rest of the NBC O&O's. Promos are being shot today, truck is currently being build and will be here "soon."

In other news... don't be surprised to see the 10 News Breaking WeatheRate+ Tracker 10000 HD Mobile Weather Prius, after NBC gets their truck.

Aside from the truck, what other equipment do you think they'll get?

And seeing that KGTV doesn't like to get left behind, that Breaking WeatherRate+Tracker1000HD weather lab will probably be a semi-truck.

But hey, I'll overlook this new gimmick, if that means that Dagmar gets paraded around town in the new weather truck, LOL.

Aside from the truck, what other equipment do you think they'll get?

And seeing that KGTV doesn't like to get left behind, that Breaking WeatherRate+Tracker1000HD weather lab will probably be a semi-truck.

But hey, I'll overlook this new gimmick, if that means that Dagmar gets paraded around town in the new weather truck, LOL.

Oh finally...

Just in time for El Nino!

Word around the San Diego Harbor, is that KNSD NBC 7 will be getting some new "weather equipment" and possible a weather truck like the rest of the NBC O&O's. Promos are being shot today, truck is currently being build and will be here "soon."

In other news... don't be surprised to see the 10 News Breaking WeatheRate+ Tracker 10000 HD Mobile Weather Prius, after NBC gets their truck.

"Giving you an accurate forecast -- minus the global warming. It's 10News."

Watch it be the jeep that KNBC got. I can't see them spending the money for an F-250 for an area that gets no snow.

• Like 3

Watch it be the jeep that KNBC got. I can't see them spending the money for an F-250 for an area that gets no snow.

We get snow in the local mountains... only in the winter-time and a few inches at most. God forbid we have another major wildfire, i'm sure they could use this weather vehicle for that type of coverage.

And then Los Niños and Los Adultos!

mmmmkay. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

We get snow in the local mountains... only in the winter-time and a few inches at most. God forbid we have another major wildfire, i'm sure they could use this weather vehicle for that type of coverage.

mmmmkay. :rolleyes:

If they drive it anywhere near PB or OB it will get egged by the locals. Maybe an open roof design do Dagmar can get some sun finally.

Still waiting for El Nino.........

• Like 3

According to DCRTV, WJLA has picked up rights to air the Redskins appearances on Monday Night Football from WDCA/My 20. Interestingly enough, WJLA also airs Ravens preseason games in the DC area. WRC will still carry preseason games that aren't nationally televised.

Looks like the lynch mob of DWTS fans will flood the WJLA Facebook when their precious show gets interrupted.

Not just that, a new one-hour newscast at 4:00pm on the station's 64th birthday, July 18th. Signed on-air July 18th, 1952.

[MEDIA=twitter]748295286187921414[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

WSB's Chief Meteorologist Glenn Burns caused a stir on the Gulf Coast after reporting on several beaches being closed by high levels of toxic bacteria in the water...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/no-swim-advisory-issued-for-florida-panhandle-beaches/372684102

Originally, he reported in one post about it being "flesh eating"...the above report has been updated.

Based on the backlash, it sprung WMBB and WEAR into action to dispute the reports...

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/erroneous-reports-cause-swimming-concerns-at-local-beaches

http://weartv.com/news/local/chief-meteorologist-allen-strum-no-flesh-eating-bacteria-in-our-waters

UPDATE: Even WJHG and Weather God James Spann have taken to social media to set the record straight...

Still, it may not be the best weekend to wade in the water on the Gulf Coast...

• Like 1

Originally, he reported in one post about it being "flesh eating"...the above report has been updated.

UPDATE: Even WJHG and Weather God James Spann have taken to social media to set the record straight...

Still, it may not be the best weekend to wade in the water on the Gulf Coast...

Leave the flesh eating to me and my friends...the lawyers!

Maybe a little visit around the holiday?

6e710a23c80e3efe68f24b0421427c4f.jpg.99dc0af82ad1398541f45cc1e3cdf27a.jpg

• Like 4

Well, it looks like Erin Coleman is leaving WSB, according to a post on her Facebook page. She says with one young child and another on the way, she wanted to move back to her hometown in Philadelphia. One wonders if she's "moving closer to her world". Any speculation who her replacement may be? Now, I know there's been lots of talk about Stefany Fisher going to Fox 5, but this could be a viable opening for her as well.

Apparently, WFNA CW55 has started a FOURTH 9pm newscast...by way of WKRG. The difference is that it is Pensacola-centric and has resurrected the old WNCN/WSPA/WJAR/WSLS graphics package. Could it be the end of the current look on WKRG?

Ill have to admit, I was VERY pre-occupied the week the news came out, but WSVNFan was on top of it with his blog...

https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/wfna-air-first-ever-local-news-produced-wkrg/

Apparently, WFNA CW55 has started a FOURTH 9pm newscast...by way of WKRG. The difference is that it is Pensacola-centric and has resurrected the old WNCN/WSPA/WJAR/WSLS graphics package. Could it be the end of the current look on WKRG?

Ill have to admit, I was VERY pre-occupied the week the news came out, but WSVNFan was on top of it with his blog...

https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/wfna-air-first-ever-local-news-produced-wkrg/

The package looks slightly different in places such as the text in the second line and the text in the red area, the transition for Top 9 At 9 looks a little tweaked as well.

Update: it looks like they do not have the one line lower third that WJAR did, instead leaving the second line blank like WSPA did.

Well, it looks like Erin Coleman is leaving WSB, according to a post on her Facebook page. She says with one young child and another on the way, she wanted to move back to her hometown in Philadelphia. One wonders if she's "moving closer to her world". Any speculation who her replacement may be? Now, I know there's been lots of talk about Stefany Fisher going to Fox 5, but this could be a viable opening for her as well.

More likely she'll become an "eyewitness" to news on CBS3 or you can "count on it" that she'll appear on NBC10. They have anchor vacancies whereas 6ABC is "action"-packed with anchors.

• Like 5

More likely she'll become an "eyewitness" to news on CBS3 or you can "count on it" that she'll appear on NBC10. They have anchor vacancies whereas 6ABC is "action"-packed with anchors.

My guess is NBC10 as Keith's 5 pm Co-anchor and possibly 11am? Not sure? CBS3 what would she do?

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic