Out & About

TexasTVNews

It makes more sense now that CBS8 has been promoting Dan and Nichelle as the longest running morning anchorship team recently.

A little surprising and a head scratcher for sure in this latest SD Newser development. NBC7 seems to have more stability than CW6 in terms of employment, so was he simply tired of waking up in the mornings? I like to root for underdogs, so I hope CW6 will improve for their news organization in all areas for the better, but their on-air product has been lacking and needs tinkering *AHEM stale graphics package*.

Wonder if Greg Bledsoe is being lined up to take over mornings at NBC7 or someone totally new.

Actually, the longest running anchor team in San Diego (not just mornings). I think Dan and Nichelle have been paired together for over 10 years.

I do wonder if they were not going to renew him, and he just decided to leave seeing as his start date at CW6 is only a few weeks away. Still, this move is very surprising. I am not sold on Greg yet. He still is not ready to take over as an anchor, plus they can't afford to slide down more in the ratings... KNSD has a history of going both ways when it comes to filling anchor vacancies. They hired from outside to fill Marty Levin's spot, and Bill Menish was replaced in-house by Jason Austell. I do think this time around, they'll get someone from the outside.

• Like 1

Jason Austell, longtime AM anchor at KNSD NBC7 is moving over to XETV CW6 as the 4/10pm anchor.

http://www.sandiegoradio.org/2016/06/longtime-news-anchor-switching-stations.html

Not sure why he would leave KNSD for a sinking ship at XETV, but it is what it is. He starts CW6 on July 11th. Curious to see who NBC replaces him with.

My guess is he probably wanted to work later hours.

Seattle ABC affiliate KOMO has a new weekend co-anchor. Ryan Yamamoto formerly of Sacramento ABC affiliate KXTV, will co-anchor the 4 pm weekend newscasts alongside Michelle Esteban he will report for the other newscasts. Morgan Chesky and Michelle Esteban will continue as co-anchors of the weekend 5, 6 & 11 pm newscasts. Ryan's wife Suzanne Phan has also joined the station as a general assignment reporter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yamstv

• Like 1

Already talked about in the WFLD thread and I posted an article about it, a day before he did.

I'm gonna try to be gentle here...

1) You could use a copy editor

2) You made several assertions in your article that don't make any sense especially when it comes to the relation of ratings to the length of time a program has aired in a time slot. It doesn't matter if 9's newscast started in 1980 and 32's in 1987 or whatever... There are several FOX O&O's making significant inroads against or beating stations established 30 or 40 years before they were. 32 suffers from horrible instability and mismanagement that is chronic and has been for several years. The place has never been quite right.

3) At least you're trying. Take this constructively please.

• Like 5

I'm gonna try to be gentle here...

1) You could use a copy editor

2) You made several assertions in your article that don't make any sense especially when it comes to the relation of ratings to the length of time a program has aired in a time slot. It doesn't matter if 9's newscast started in 1980 and 32's in 1987 or whatever... There are several FOX O&O's making significant inroads against or beating stations established 30 or 40 years before they were. 32 suffers from horrible instability and mismanagement that is chronic and has been for several years. The place has never been quite right.

3) At least you're trying. Take this constructively please.

I am, thank you. :-) Whatever I can get, it helps.

I just wrote a long article and I thought it was necessary. Its about WHAG and their news expansion that's coming July 1st.

I mentioned some programming notes and new local shows coming to WHAG, but the main point was the expanded newscast schedule. WHAG is keeping all of its weekday newscasts in check and will add and shuffle some on weekends. The biggest difference? Every single night, an expanded hour of local news at 6:00pm and a new one-hour newscast at 10:00pm. AGAIN, WHAG is keeping all of its current weekday newscasts. Plus, the Sports Connection is expanding to Fridays (11:30pm) and will remain on Saturdays (7:00pm) and Sundays (11:00pm) as well.

I will allow TVNT to hear this first before TVSpy, TVNewsCheck and FTVLive does. Again, its a long article: http://bit.ly/297vtf6

• Like 4

I just wrote a long article and I thought it was necessary. Its about WHAG and their news expansion that's coming July 1st

I will allow TVNT to hear this first before TVSpy, TVNewsCheck and FTVLive does. Again, its a long article: http://bit.ly/297vtf6

Well Roly it's a very concise and complete look at the changes at the HAG. Old people like me (over 30 years old) have little problem reading all those words you wrote. However these kids with those smart dodads might have some problem reading all those words on those tiny little phones, and their little heads might explode trying to digest all that info at once.

Maybe just a small bit of editing, just to keep the children happy and safe.

I'm glad we have you here so we may learn this stuff before other sites.

Thanks.

Otherwise I hope you sent a copy to WHAG promo/marketing dept. so they know you are out there actively monitoring and reporting on their product in positive ways.

I'm sure they will be grateful for the coverage.

• Like 4

I just wrote a long article and I thought it was necessary. Its about WHAG and their news expansion that's coming July 1st.

For that article...you honestly deserve this.

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif?1

• Like 4

Fox 11 LA (KTTV) is broadcasting from their newsroom on the noon news right now. They say some remodeling and changes are happening in the studio.

What???

No drawings for us???

Nice catch on the KTLA thing.

• Like 1

Well Roly it's a very concise and complete look at the changes at the HAG. Old people like me (over 30 years old) have little problem reading all those words you wrote. However these kids with those smart dodads might have some problem reading all those words on those tiny little phones, and their little heads might explode trying to digest all that info at once.

Maybe just a small bit of editing, just to keep the children happy and safe.

I'm glad we have you here so we may learn this stuff before other sites.

Thanks.

Otherwise I hope you sent a copy to WHAG promo/marketing dept. so they know you are out there actively monitoring and reporting on their product in positive ways.

I'm sure they will be grateful for the coverage.

Wow. I thank you so very much for that. That really means a lot. And yeah, it was a lot of information to get through but in the end, I thought it was a report that was needed to be told. Otherwise, you TV news freaks wouldn't know what would happen to WHAG this upcoming Friday.

For that article...you honestly deserve this.

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif?1

This post made me so happy. :) I'm proud to do the work that I currently do for my blog and its always nice to get recognition for it.

I got more exclusive stores for the blog coming up but I need information on them first before I report on it, but stay tuned!

An Oro Valley, AZ, couple were arrested when their 4-month-old baby was found to have cocaine in its system, but there's a news twist: the parents worked for competing Tucson TV stations.

Somchai P. Lisaius, a former KOLD reporter, and Krystin Rae Lisaius, a former KGUN reporter, were indicted on June 9.

Horrific. Why did they leave the news business or could their exit be related to drug use?

You know what you reported is great and accurate when someone praises you for your information/article. That came true for me today as my article on my blog has been praised by the V.P., G.M. and G.S.M. of WHAG Television, who's had that job since September of 1986.

[MEDIA=twitter]747772191387705345[/MEDIA]

• Like 5

You know what you reported is great and accurate when someone praises you for your information/article. That came true for me today as my article on my blog has been praised by the V.P., G.M. and G.S.M. of WHAG Television, who's had that job since September of 1986.

You did a damn good job with that write-up, Roly.. proud of ya! :)

• Like 1

I always enjoy your Changing Newscasts updates.

• Like 1

You did a damn good job with that write-up, Roly.. proud of ya! :)

I always enjoy your Changing Newscasts updates.

I thank you both sincerely. It means a lot to me. ^_^

EDIT: One of my stories was actually mentioned in one of my competing rival's website: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wxxv-adds-3rd-newscast-in-6-months/162850

Word around the San Diego Harbor, is that KNSD NBC 7 will be getting some new "weather equipment" and possible a weather truck like the rest of the NBC O&O's. Promos are being shot today, truck is currently being build and will be here "soon."

In other news... don't be surprised to see the 10 News Breaking WeatheRate+ Tracker 10000 HD Mobile Weather Prius, after NBC gets their truck.

• Like 2

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic