Out & About

TexasTVNews

As much as you think Meredith will cut there losses, they won't. The station is probably the cash cow for Meredith and won't give it up unless and only unless CBS makes them a pretty impressive offer.

I am glad for the new ND and I hope he is able to make some great strides with the station and bring forth some of the KVUE ideas and adapt them to Atlanta.

I thought Larry Perrit had actually brought the news ratings up a bit.

Was it just not a good fit?

This has been a rumor for months, but KSHB meteorologist Kalee Dionne will be joining WMAQ-TV in Chicago this fall (capacity unknown). KSHB hired a meteorologist from WDBJ in Roanoke to replace her.

Lol of course she's leaving. She was half the reason their morning show was on the up and up. It's a far better gig for her though. But geez...Lindsey Anderson, her replacement, has only been out of school for three years? KSHB can do better than that.

• Like 1

Lol of course she's leaving. She was half the reason their morning show was on the up and up. It's a far better gig for her though. But geez...Lindsey Anderson, her replacement, has only been out of school for three years? KSHB can do better than that.

Weekends at a distant 4th place station isn't worth that much. Plus, she has all the certifications, which is a LOT more than many high-ranking weather people in even bigger markets have.

WXYZ/ ABC Detroit has a new ND Rhonda LaVelle comes from KPRC in Houston.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/6/6/motown-station-names-new-nd

@ns8401

What you think? Waiting to get your take?

We'll see if she makes it more tabloid style like WDIV, restores it to the way it was when she was competing against it or blows it up and starts from scratch. They need major work to compete in the market so this is a breath of fresh air especially coming over with experience with the market leader.

In Atlanta, I'm looking at the shape of the demographics and if you look at all (4) stations it's the same white male/black female. I think that what has been their thing. First, is Stephany coming to WAGA? Second, with Lisa Rayam leaving or whatever the case maybe Stephany, will move into the 6pm anchor desk. Cynne already does the 10pm with Russ. I'm just looking at what has been the norm for that market in particular. Nobody, know how anything will shape out. Again, it just my opinion, and not written in stone.

We've seen stations streamline talent and moving them away from sports to news. Jeff Hullinger former sports anchor at WAGA now lead anchor at WXIA and does sports there too. Ken has a great personality, and if they were looking to find the right person to replace Russ. Ken, would be great at the job! He's great at doing live shots from whatever game he covering. Russ is a strong male anchor, and Ken also solid, but to me Tom doesn't seem as solid, and that just my opinion. The Edge has done well, but there are time ratings points fluctuate with the competition.

This is an interesting story. Somebody has to lined up at the FOX station, ready to go, because there is only one anchor opening on their website (two recently left). Whether or not it is Stephany, that remains to be seen.

I thought Larry Perrit had actually brought the news ratings up a bit.

Was it just not a good fit?

Ratings were down, significantly. According to a local blog, their 5 AM, 4PM, 5 PM, 6 PM, and 11 PM newscasts were down 25+%. There was an earlier post here where it cited their competitor, WAGA, showing their 11 PM down 47%.

• Like 2

The continual bleeding that is KSHB continues. It seems that traffic reporter Kacie McDonnell will be leaving the station soon given a posting for traffic reporter online. This is just days after Kalee Dionne announced she was moving to Chicago to join WMAQ.

I wonder if there will be a change in management soon. The turnover there the past few years has been ridiculous, and the ratings haven't improved.

Four stories that I found that haven't been talked about yet on here from my blog, if you don't mind...

[MEDIA=twitter]739255738455842816[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]740345845380317185[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]740414667248533506[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]740986558275149826[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

San Diego XETV CW6

According to the channel info Jim Patton moved from evenings to mornings replacing Marc Bailey. On the evening info it just has Neda Iranpour and Sabrina Fein. Laura Cavanaugh has been filling in lately. Any word on where or why Marc left?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic