Out & About

TexasTVNews

Big changes are about to happen at WVUE in New Orleans with a change in anchors and the time(s) they will be seen on-air:

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/94898/wvue-new-orleans-revamps-anchor-lineups

DMA 51

WVUENewOrleansRevampsAnchorLineups

By Staff

TVNewsCheck, May 19, 2016 3:33 PM EDT

Louisiana Media Co.’s Fox affiliate WVUE New Orleans (DMA 51) is changing its morning newscast. Longtime anchor team John Snell and Nancy Parker will take over the Fox 8 Morning Edition anchor desk beginning June 20.

In addition, Greg Adaline joins Snell and Parker as anchor of the Fox 8 Alert Center, providing local, national and international breaking news throughout the morning. Weekend Anchor Meg Gatto makes the move to anchor the 4:30 a.m. newscast while reporting the rest of the morning. Meteorologist Shelby Latino and Traffic Reporter Kristi Coleman will continue providing the weather and traffic reports while Deven Clarke hits the streets with daily news reports.

"John and Nancy are two of the most experienced and well respected journalists in the New Orleans market and will bring knowledge, talent and their dynamic relationship to morning viewers," said WVUE VP-GM Tim Ingram.

Snell and Parker’s move to mornings brings changes to other WVUE newscasts. Here's the new anchor lineup:

• Liz Reyes and Meteorologist Bruce Katz will remain on Fox 8 News at Noon.

• Liz Reyes joins Shelley Brown on the anchor desk with Bruce Katz and Sports Director Juan Kincaid for the Fox 8 News at 4 pm.

• Lee Zurik and Kim Holden will take over anchor duties left behind by Snell and Parker and join Chief Meteorologist David Bernard and Juan Kincaid on Fox 8 News at 5 pm.

• Lee Zurik will be joined by Shelley Brown along with Bernard and Kincaid on Fox 8 News at 9 pm.

• Kim Holden and Lee Zurik along with Bernard and Kincaid wrap up the night on Fox 8 News at 10 pm.

• Rob Krieger will anchor weekends with Meteorologist Nicondra Norwood and Sports Anchor Chris Hagan.

Weird doesn't begin to cover this one.

KPHO fires reporter Jonathan Lowe after he was arrested for...um, relieving himself on a residential yard (while assigned to covering a strange story in its own right involving a man killing his family dog because he didn't like his daughter's shirt)

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/19/pooping-reporter-is-fired

• Like 1

Here's a better idea: just relaunch The Now Cleveland as NewsChannel 5 at Four AND STOP KISSING UP TO SOCIAL MEDIA!

That's what I hate about journalism now these days... they are kissing up to social media to make journalism more look like a complete joke.

• Like 1

Buffalo's WKBW adds two new reporters: Thuy Lan Nguyen from KERO will join the station on June 13 and Elizabeth Lewin - who was a freelancer at WKBW several years ago - will join the station on June 6. Rachel Elzufon recently left the station to work at the Red Cross part-time.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2016/05/10/ch-7-adds-two-new-reporters-replace-exiting/

Meanwhile in Las Vegas, KTNV anchor Rikki Cheese was arrested Thursday and charged with a DUI - one misdemeanor count. This isn't the first time; she was arrested back in 2009.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ktnv-anchor-rikki-cheese-arrested-on-thursday

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/21/vegas-anchor-busted-for-duiagain

Meanwhile in Las Vegas, KTNV anchor Rikki Cheese was arrested Thursday and charged with a DUI - one misdemeanor count. This isn't the first time; she was arrested back in 2009.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ktnv-anchor-rikki-cheese-arrested-on-thursday

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/21/vegas-anchor-busted-for-duiagain

Poor thing never had a chance working with

Dave Courvoisier all those years at KVBC 3.

Go grab some meetings Rikki...no shortage of them in the Valley.

• Like 3

Poor thing never had a chance working with

Dave Courvoisier all those years at KVBC 3.

Go grab some meetings Rikki...no shortage of them in the Valley.

Actually... "This is KVBC / Las Vegas. NOW with Dave Courvoisier, Rikki Cheese, Weather with Mike Davis, Sports with Scott Reynolds. This is News 3 Nightside."

(NMSA - KVBC with Turn To News)

Actually... "This is KVBC / Las Vegas. NOW with Dave Courvoisier, Rikki Cheese, Weather with Mike Davis, Sports with Scott Reynolds. This is News 3 Nightside."

(NMSA - KVBC with Turn To News)

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything...

• Like 4

According to TV listings, the 10:35pm slot is already occupied by WCCO 4 News and has the 10:00-11:00pm slot on BOTH Saturdays and Sundays as WCCO 4 News at 10:00 and 10:35pm.
I can assure you w/ 100% certainty that they do not currently air a newscast on Sundays @ 10:35pm. That slot has been occupied by Rosen's Sports Sunday for the last 34+ years. Of course that will change after this Sunday's final airing.OTOH the Saturday 10:35pm slot is currently filled with a newscast. That odd newscast slot is also a vestage of previous Sports shows (outdoors/high school related) being dropped a few years back. They essentially rolled the time into the newscast. But, if there are sufficient Sports stories to report on they will have an "extended" sports segment...which is the same thing they are planning to do on Sunday nights.Why Tribune Media Services/Gracenote and/or Rovi have it listed as "WCCO 4 News @ 10:35pm" on Sundays I haven't the foggiest idea and the guide data has been that way for some time now.

Seems to me that NBC is going to keep both of their channels alive in Dallas. The station bought a pair of UHF transmitters to get them through the repack and ATSC 3.0 transition. I bring this up because somewhere there was mentioned that NBCU was looking at their options in the incentive auction. If they were going to elect to change bands or sell one station and share a channel they probably wouldn't be buying two new transmitters.

I personally think that is a clear sign WRT their bidding strategy for those two stations. But, one could make the argument they could still sell one of the new transmitters, repurpose them in other market or channel share with a third party licensee in the markestatement, WRT these two stations it's still possible they could participate in the auction even if their parent bought new transmitters for them. As an aside, every article listing who is partaking in the auction just says something to the effect of "[insert station group] is planning on participating." First, we don't know their bidding strategies or plans. For example, a statement of "CBS plans on participating" would be 100% true and factual even if they really only intended to participate w/ the KCCO & KCCW licenses and nothing else. Or, only look to move licenses from UHF to VHF. And, unless they have zero interest most groups are going to throw their hat in the ring at this point. It's relatively low risk and keeps their options open as they can always drop out.

Quite frankly I'd be shocked if they clear the full 126Mhz. I understand why they chose that target. But, I think once the bids start getting reduced significantly a fair amount stations will drop out. And, the clearing target will end up needing to be lowered. Just my opinion.

I can assure you w/ 100% certainty that they do not currently air a newscast on Sundays @ 10:35pm. That slot has been occupied by Rosen's Sports Sunday for the last 34+ years. Of course that will change after this Sunday's final airing.OTOH the Saturday 10:35pm slot is currently filled with a newscast. That odd newscast slot is also a vestage of previous Sports shows (outdoors/high school related) being dropped a few years back. They essentially rolled the time into the newscast. But, if there are sufficient Sports stories to report on they will have an "extended" sports segment...which is the same thing they are planning to do on Sunday nights.Why Tribune Media Services/Gracenote and/or Rovi have it listed as "WCCO 4 News @ 10:35pm" on Sundays I haven't the foggiest idea and the guide data has been that way for some time now.

This is the exact reason why I wanna start a Wiki, based on my blog so that people can look at the newscast schedules I have in each market and if any of it is incorrect, then anybody can tell me and I can then edit those errors.

I can't help but wonder how they'll handle the Comcast complaints.

I was thinking the same thing. Here in San Diego they can say: " we don't even have Comcast," or " sorry, can't take your complaint on Comcast, as that's a conflict of interest."

All kidding aside, I'm sure they're aware of the flood of complaints that will come in because of Comcast. It might actually help the complainant out, since NBC won't want too many stories of these kind on air and might be willing to remedy the situation quickly.

Actually, there was a moment last year in Chicago when a comcast rep changed a customer's name to "super b*tch". The customer had a friend who worked for a tv station (presumably WMAQ) who scrapped the story at the last minute because they're owned by Comcast.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/06/news/companies/comcast-customer-super-bitch/

Bauer said she told a friend who works for a local television station about the offensive name on her bill. The friend passed the tip on and the station immediately contacted Bauer about the story.

However, it turns out that that station is owned by Comcast and the story was killed.

I can't help but wonder how they'll handle the Comcast complaints.

Pretty sure they won't unless they are total softballs.

I can promise you the affils will hate this set-up because it's the tail wagging the dog.

Most calls will be landlord/ tenant disputes , credit card billing problems and child custody/ family law disputes.

Some doe eyed intern takes the calls and then try to convince the locals that it's newsworthy.

The locals will play the "it's not newsworthy" game back and forth.

The next big issue will be the old "stepping on the toes"...

When Old Miss Crabby calls the Texas call center to complain about her city not sweeping the streets on a regular basis. That's when the fun begins.

When the "call screeners" in Texas start digging around and making calls to the local city hall in the affils town...the locals (I-team) go ballistic because "Some idiot intern in Texas is screwing up the relations we have with city hall"....Back Off!.

I would be really interested to see how they plan to keep the locals "engaged" and not get pissed off at the call center and the "stories" they find.

It's really just based on "crap in...crap out" types of calls...the kind of shit that Scripps stations run with every night.

No need to waste money digging up news, when we can just wait for the drunks to call us.

I give this whole ill convinced plan about 1 year before we see "job cuts" in TV spy and FTV live due to the shrinking TV news ad dollars post 2016 elex.

But as any good assignment editor will tell you,,,

"When Consumer Bob comes bitching about the story generated FROM Texas...I will tell Bob to go find me something better."

Chances are that will shut him up.

• Like 1

But as any good assignment editor will tell you,,,

"When Consumer Bob comes bitching about the story generated FROM Texas...I will tell Bob to go find me something better."

Chances are that will shut him up.

I present to you: "Consumer Bob's Gas Price Forecast"! Emmy-award winning material right there!

I'm not sure why they didn't fold Bob's beat into the NBC 7 Investigates unit, a lot earlier. Honestly, having the I-Team on one side and the consumer beat on the other was baffling since both in reality are beats that deal with public/consumer advocacy.

I present to you: "Consumer Bob's Gas Price Forecast"! Emmy-award winning material right there!

I'm not sure why they didn't fold Bob's beat into the NBC 7 Investigates unit, a lot earlier. Honestly, having the I-Team on one side and the consumer beat on the other was baffling since both in reality are beats that deal with public/consumer advocacy.

The same reason is why you don't see Turko comparing and testing kids cough syrups.

"It ain't right"

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic