Out & About

TexasTVNews

We had Comcast when I was growing up and it was a living Hell to call them for anything. I got better customer service talking to my cat than anyone from Comcast. We now have FIOS and I couldn't be happier with what they offer us.

Comcast is good to us. Rare outages - if they happen they're in the middle of the night and any issues are resolved quickly. I got a number of the regional QA guy and when I got the wrong CableCard (I needed the M-Card) at their store I called the man up and they sent their best guy out a day later. I will say I did get the number after getting HD boxes and my firs HD TiVo in 2007 and 2008, respectively. The first TiVo was a nightmare to get installed and at the time I was still underage so my parents sent a BCC email to about twenty people in the Comcast board and higher up management. I believe we got a call from one of the Roberts, four free on demand passes, and two or three tins of gourmet popcorn from a place in Philadelphia.

• Like 1

WRC/NBC Washington is launching 4 Respondes where you call a hotline, leave a message or speak with someone and they'll do their best to get answers for you. Seems to be model on the Telemundo Respondes initiative. The b-roll video they showed a large call center with NBC Consumer Investigative Center with their consumer anchor sitting at a desk with a crappy NBC 4 logo as the desktop. If I had to guess the calls go to some national call center (the b-roll showed what looked like new office) that was set up to handle these issues. I wonder how they'll handle Comcast problems?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/NBC4-Responds-377669201.html

Edit: Same exact offices at WNBC. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Better-Get-Baquero-launches-a-Consumer-Investigative-Center_New-York-368883891.html

WMAQ's onboard, too.

WRC/NBC Washington is launching 4 Respondes where you call a hotline, leave a message or speak with someone and they'll do their best to get answers for you. Seems to be model on the Telemundo Respondes initiative. The b-roll video they showed a large call center with NBC Consumer Investigative Center with their consumer anchor sitting at a desk with a crappy NBC 4 logo as the desktop. If I had to guess the calls go to some national call center (the b-roll showed what looked like new office) that was set up to handle these issues. I wonder how they'll handle Comcast problems?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/NBC4-Responds-377669201.html

Edit: Same exact offices at WNBC. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Better-Get-Baquero-launches-a-Consumer-Investigative-Center_New-York-368883891.html

The NBC/Telemundo Consumer Investigative Center is located at the new NBCU facility in Fort Worth, TX.

EDIT: Sara Garza, former KOMO Asst. ND (and spouse of current KXAS VP of News, Mark Ginther) is heading up the operation. She put out a Facebook post a few months ago looking for more producers to help staff the operation. Here is one of the expired job posts. And, here is a Miami Harald article from last fall outlining the investments in Telemundo. In it they noted that NBCUniversal "add[ed]

nine Telemundo Responde (Telemundo Responds) consumer investigative units to address issues called in by viewers to a control center in Dallas." Sorry, I figured I'd elaborate and provide a few souces to back up my one sentence reply.

• Like 1

WCVB investigative reporter Mike Beaudet facing backlash from college students over report about unauthorized late night parties.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2016/05/05/wcvb-report-after-hours-parties-hits-nerve/SKcWvxImzkG2znwIzewjPI/story.html

(surprised Scott Jones at FTVLive hasn't heard about this yet... that's right up his ally!)

• Like 1

WATN's Joy Lambert is leaving the station as of today. In a Facebook video, she indicates she was offered a contract extension but her and her family decided it was time to move on to other opportunities outside the city. She indicates a new anchor will be taking over next week.

• Like 2

WRC/NBC Washington is launching 4 Respondes where you call a hotline, leave a message or speak with someone and they'll do their best to get answers for you. Seems to be model on the Telemundo Respondes initiative. The b-roll video they showed a large call center with NBC Consumer Investigative Center with their consumer anchor sitting at a desk with a crappy NBC 4 logo as the desktop. If I had to guess the calls go to some national call center (the b-roll showed what looked like new office) that was set up to handle these issues. l

Yes I recently took a tour of the new facility and took these exclusive pictures...

597923633_indiacall.jpg.f3b5ea75358424fcecabc37cc345a478.jpg 597923633_indiacall.jpg.f3b5ea75358424fcecabc37cc345a478.jpg

india.jpg.4ed02c2c0b309494ed71d2dd623e8b75.jpg

india3.jpg.62550f3b6b4a71b438596560a5179f3d.jpg

india4.jpg.5e531ca30a459cda3179b101c58a05ba.jpg

indiacallmap.jpg.30d1b7bea117c42301e110f86a7e4bd8.jpg

• Like 5

The NBC/Telemundo Consumer Investigative Center is located at the new NBCU facility in Fort Worth, TX.

EDIT: Sara Garza, former KOMO Asst. ND (and spouse of current KXAS VP of News, Mark Ginther) is heading up the operation. She put out a Facebook post a few months ago looking for more producers to help staff the operation. Here is one of the expired job posts. And, here is a Miami Harald article from last fall outlining the investments in Telemundo. In it they noted that NBCUniversal "add[ed]

nine Telemundo Responde (Telemundo Responds) consumer investigative units to address issues called in by viewers to a control center in Dallas." Sorry, I figured I'd elaborate and provide a few souces to back up my one sentence reply.

Has KNBC established one yet (they wouldn't have had any room at their old Burbank facilities)?

WATN's Joy Lambert is leaving the station as of today. In a Facebook video, she indicates she was offered a contract extension but her and her family decided it was time to move on to other opportunities outside the city. She indicates a new anchor will be taking over next week.

And that new anchor is Caitlin Lockerbie, who just joined WATN after previously working at WJZY in Charlotte.

Here's video of her farewell from WJZY last month:

The BBC's Rupert Wingfield Hayes and his team were expelled from North Korea after an eight hour interrogation. Reportedly North Korea and his minders were upset about a piece he did at a children's hospital with several Nobel laureates, who were conducting research, that said that none of the children appeared sick and that the doctors / staff knew nothing.

BBC reporter detained in North Korea and expelled

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36244994

It makes me wonder if a move from market 210 to 1 is possible...

Erika Delgado.

I have no clue just knew this new girl is replacing her since the PR stated she was hired as weekend morning meteorologist for WTVJ.

Not sure if this clears anything up: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/miami-meteorologist-moves-to-detroit/170011

I'm not all too surprised. Jason was being seen less and less on WEWS to the point where he only does noon and weekends, and WOIO has been looking to replace Jeff Tanchak especially since the change from 19 Action News to Cleveland 19 News. I think he's a good meteorologist; he'll do very well at 19.

• Like 2

Speaking of Chief Meteorologist, Nashville's ABC affiliate WKRN-TV has hired a new chief to replace the soon-to-be retired Lisa Patton. Danielle Vollmar of Boston's ABC affiliate WCVB is heading to Music City to take the helm of Chief Meteorologist on July 5th. Vollmar's last day at 'CVB is on June 19th.

http://www.newenglandone.com/news/local/boston/danielle-vollmar-leaving-wcvb-for-nashville-s-wkrn.html

just noticed that WSB-TV Weekend Anchor Matt Belanger has left WSB,

Richard Elliot and Dave Huddleston has Filled in alongside Wendy Corona, Other Possibilities include Former Weekend Anchor Tom Regan and Investigative Reporter Richard Belcher

also of note, WXIA has note announced Keith Whitney's Weekend Anchor Replacement, Weekend Morning Anchor Blayne Alexander has been anchoring mornings and evenings, Jeff Hullinger, now the Primary Weeknight Anchor has been alternating Weekend Mornings and Evenings with Blayne though, other Anchor choices include Valerie Hoff or possibly Ryan Kurger posibly

• Like 1

just noticed that WSB-TV Weekend Anchor Matt Belanger has left WSB,

Richard Elliot and Dave Huddleston has Filled in alongside Wendy Corona, Other Possibilities include Former Weekend Anchor Tom Regan and Investigative Reporter Richard Belcher

also of note, WXIA has note announced Keith Whitney's Weekend Anchor Replacement, Weekend Morning Anchor Blayne Alexander has been anchoring mornings and evenings, Jeff Hullinger, now the Primary Weeknight Anchor has been alternating Weekend Mornings and Evenings with Blayne though, other Anchor choices include Valerie Hoff or possibly Ryan Kurger posibly

Did you read Rodney Ho's report today in the ajc.com?

There's soon going to be an anchor change in Cleveland's WEWS ABC 5. IT'S NO APRIL FOOL'S JOKE!

It's not a done deal, but word is that Sports Director/Anchor Rob Powers of New York's WABC-TV is heading to Cleveland to succeed Chris Flanagan who's contract is not renewed. Powers who was hired at ABC flagship station in New York worked in Ohio before, he was the 5:30PM news anchor and 6 & 11PM sports anchor at WTVG in Toledo. WEWS can't say on Flanagan's future with the station, but look for something soon.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/4/1/wabc-sports-anchor-heading-to-cleveland-for-news

Have to say I told you so, but it's official. Rob Powers will become the new co-anchor for WEWS NewsChannel 5 at 6 & 11PM. No word on when Chris Flanagan will remain at Cleveland's ABC affiliate, and now word on who will replace Rob as sports director at ABC O&O in NYC.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/13/well-would-you-look-at-that

http://www.newsnet5.com/about-us/newschannel-5-welcomes-anchor-rob-powers-back-home-to-cleveland

Have to say I told you so, but it's official. Rob Powers will become the new co-anchor for WEWS NewsChannel 5 at 6 & 11PM. No word on when Chris Flanagan will remain at Cleveland's ABC affiliate, and now word on who will replace Rob as sports director at ABC O&O in NYC.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/5/13/well-would-you-look-at-that

http://www.newsnet5.com/about-us/newschannel-5-welcomes-anchor-rob-powers-back-home-to-cleveland

Everyone hired from the previous news director to help improve the ratings has about left. They ripped up an established morning team (Pete and Kimberly) for two anchors who didn't make much of a dent in the ratings who are now replaced (Mike Dundst left for Atl). Chris came and they even moved legendary anchor Leon off the 6 for him.

Has KNBC established one yet (they wouldn't have had any room at their old Burbank facilities)?

The Consumer Investigative Unit is for all intents and purposes a hubbed operation. The NBC/Telemundo Consumer Investigative Center is located in Dallas/Fort Worth within the Studios at DFW facility, the same building that houses KXAS/KXTX. All the calls to the toll free numbers (and, emails) are routed to an agent/producer at The NBC/Telemundo Consumer Investigative Center in Dallas/Fort Worth. The agent/producer who takes the call/email does the "grunt work" and works with (or, forwards) the story to the local station(s) producers/reporters to get the story to air. So, KNBC's previous space constraints would be of little concern as everything runs through Dallas. With that said as far as I can tell the only stations (on the NBC side) that haven't been added to the Consumer Investigative "Hub" are the 3 California stations and WTVJ...why I have know idea.

And, for anyone that cares WCCO will be expanding their Sunday 10pm newscast to a full hour starting May 29th. The half-hour Rosen's Sports Sunday which currently airs at 10:35pm will air it's last episode next week.

And, for anyone that cares WCCO will be expanding their Sunday 10pm newscast to a full hour starting May 29th. The half-hour Rosen's Sports Sunday which currently airs at 10:35pm will air it's last episode next week.

According to TV listings, the 10:35pm slot is already occupied by WCCO 4 News and has the 10:00-11:00pm slot on BOTH Saturdays and Sundays as WCCO 4 News at 10:00 and 10:35pm.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic