Out & About

TexasTVNews

Does anyone actually know what the largest market is with no choppers? I have this suspicion that it's not Austin (#39), but I couldn't tell you which of the ones in the upper 20s or 30s it is.

Does anyone actually know what the largest market is with no choppers? I have this suspicion that it's not Austin (#39), but I couldn't tell you which of the ones in the upper 20s or 30s it is.

If I had to guess, off-hand, I would say Hartford.

• Like 1

Kelly Jones is leaving WPMI Local 15 in September when her contract is up. They're also adding a lifestyle show called "Gulf Coast Today" and hired a new host, Terra Reeves.

http://lagniappemobile.com/jones-decides-make-change-september/

I'm curious to see where this new lifestyle show will end up. They would have to either cancel or cut back some news programming to pull this off if Sinclair is producing the show.

Their JSA forced them to cancel their 4:30AM news last year since it put the station over 15 percent of Sinclair-fed programming.

Anyone know what's happening on Telemundo for June 17, 2017? There's this countdown clock in the video:

[MEDIA=instagram]BFAWtM8QdLU[/MEDIA]

That might be for the Confederations Cup (soccer).

• Like 2

From the anchor himeself, Gabriel Sotelo / @gabosotelo05 on Instagram:

"So los dias que faltan para la Copa Confederaciones mi estimado @itsroly. Que tengas excelente tarde!"

Translation: "They are the days remaining for the Confederations Cup my estimate @itsroly. You have a great afternoon!"

In others words... days till Telemundo airs LIVE sports coverage of the Conferations Cup, just like what TheRob said.

• Like 1

Turns out Lisa Rayam is leaving on her own terms. Rodney Ho has been off with his stories lately.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/lisa-rayam-says-shes-leaving-waga-sad-about-earlier-reports/169737

Looks like Fox 5 is really starting to make way for the arrival of Stephany Fisher (after being unemployed for almost a year)!

Could their loss be 11 Alive's gain, or will Lisa take the Monica Pearson route and try her hand at radio (hopefully public station WABE)?

By the way...Lisa's imminent departure doesn't mean I'm heading to WSB; with the exception of Craig Lucie, former Fox 5er Richard Belcher, Brad Nitz, and cutie pie Jodie Fleischer, they annoy the shit out of me (especially Justin Farmer; he's Charles Fedullo -- Fairbanks and Anchorage news anchor turned journalism professor turned PR guy -- from 20 years ago)!

• Like 1

From the anchor himeself, Gabriel Sotelo / @gabosotelo05 on Instagram:

"So los dias que faltan para la Copa Confederaciones mi estimado @itsroly. Que tengas excelente tarde!"

Translation: "They are the days remaining for the Confederations Cup my estimate @itsroly. You have a great afternoon!"

In others words... days till Telemundo airs LIVE sports coverage of the Conferations Cup, just like what TheRob said.

Thanks. I can comprehend what's said to some extent but not confident enough to write/speak in Spanish. I'm out of practice - haven't had to speak in Spanish for six years.

Thanks. I can comprehend what's said to some extent but not confident enough to write/speak in Spanish. I'm out of practice - haven't had to speak in Spanish for six years.

You're very welcome. I speak Spanish because I'm half Dominican/half Puerto Rican. Makes sense as to why I live in South Florida.

• Like 2

Looks like Fox 5 is really starting to make way for the arrival of Stephany Fisher (after being unemployed for almost a year)!

Could their loss be 11 Alive's gain, or will Lisa take the Monica Pearson route and try her hand at radio (hopefully public station WABE)?

By the way...Lisa's imminent departure doesn't mean I'm heading to WSB; with the exception of Craig Lucie, former Fox 5er Richard Belcher, Brad Nitz, and cutie pie Jodie Fleischer, they annoy the shit out of me (especially Justin Farmer; he's Charles Fedullo -- Fairbanks and Anchorage news anchor turned journalism professor turned PR guy -- from 20 years ago)!

You're cracking me up, but Justin Farmer does come off as a robot (douche bag) news personality. Nepotism isn't great?

• Like 1

WRC/NBC Washington is launching 4 Respondes where you call a hotline, leave a message or speak with someone and they'll do their best to get answers for you. Seems to be model on the Telemundo Respondes initiative. The b-roll video they showed a large call center with NBC Consumer Investigative Center with their consumer anchor sitting at a desk with a crappy NBC 4 logo as the desktop. If I had to guess the calls go to some national call center (the b-roll showed what looked like new office) that was set up to handle these issues. I wonder how they'll handle Comcast problems?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/NBC4-Responds-377669201.html

Edit: Same exact offices at WNBC. http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Better-Get-Baquero-launches-a-Consumer-Investigative-Center_New-York-368883891.html

• Like 2

WRC/NBC Washington is launching 4 Respondes where you call a hotline, leave a message or speak with someone and they'll do their best to get answers for you. Seems to be model on the Telemundo Respondes initiative. The b-roll video they showed a large call center with NBC Consumer Investigative Center with their consumer anchor sitting at a desk with a crappy NBC 4 logo as the desktop. If I had to guess the calls go to some national call center (the b-roll showed what looked like new office) that was set up to handle these issues. I wonder how they'll handle Comcast problems?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/NBC4-Responds-377669201.html

We had Comcast when I was growing up and it was a living Hell to call them for anything. I got better customer service talking to my cat than anyone from Comcast. We now have FIOS and I couldn't be happier with what they offer us.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic