Out & About

TexasTVNews

Sounds like the new norm a syndicated show get cancelled the station starts a 4pm news. It seems certain groups are news heavy while others groups bask at the 4pm hour w/ Judge Judy, Oz, Phil, Ellen. Are there any stations carrying Ins Edition, EXTRA, Access Hollywood at 4 or 4:30?

KPRC/Houston does news at 4 and has Extra at 4:30. KSAT/San Antonio airs Inside Edition at 4 followed by Entertainment Tonight at the highly unusual time of 4:30. Both stations are owned by Graham Media.

KPRC/Houston does news at 4 and has Extra at 4:30. KSAT/San Antonio airs Inside Edition at 4 followed by Entertainment Tonight at the highly unusual time of 4:30. Both stations are owned by Graham Media.

WDIV carries Inside Edition at 430 after its 4pm news...

I find it interesting that DCW50 has done little to no promotion for their upcoming 10pm newscast. No on-air promotions and nothing on Facebook outside of the question I asked them as to when it started (granted I already know it starts 4/18, but I wanted to see if they'd actually respond).

Did they?

They did actually and that's the only time I've seen it mentioned on their FB at all. At this rate people expecting to watch the 10pm Seinfeld rerun are gonna be in for a huge shock come next week.

There may be more angry people wanting their Seinfeld than happy people wanting their news in that case...

And yet another Hearst station is adding news to replace the cancelled Vieira. This time, its KMBC.

The new hourly 4pm show will debut on April 25th.

And to follow WESH's footsteps, it'll also extend its primetime 9pm show that airs on KCWE to a full-hour. That'll also be implemented on the same day.

I think WBAL is going to be next as their looking for another anchor and that they pulled Kate Amara from 10PM. I think she'd be paired with whoever is the new one.

WWBT in Richmond also has Inside Edition at 4:30 after their 4pm news.

What time is Inside Edition fed to stations? I've heard headlines for stories that were broken around 5PM the same day.

What time is Inside Edition fed to stations? I've heard headlines for stories that were broken around 5PM the same day.

When WLS carried at 2 central for two seasons, there were times that they aired headlines that had only broken minutes before. I wonder if multiple A-blocks are recorded through the afternoon, when necessary.

More changes at KMGH Denver 7. First meteorologist Matt Makens leaves, then main anchor Eric Kahnert leaves. Now, weekday morning anchor Kellie Patterson has moved to weekend mornings. She confirmed this in a tweet (sorry I don't have a screen shot). My guess is that either Nicole Brady (who joined in February) or Dayle Cedars is in line for the weekday gig...

When WLS carried at 2 central for two seasons, there were times that they aired headlines that had only broken minutes before. I wonder if multiple A-blocks are recorded through the afternoon, when necessary.

Inside Edition tapes at 3pm and 4pm eastern. Live-to-tape, which means it doesn't get edited. WLS must take it live.

Fun fact, if there is ever a mess-up in the 3pm version, they put up a slate during each local break that says something to the effect of "take next feed due to technical difficulties" for stations that air it later.

• Like 6

Turmoil at KVUE (ABC 24). The GM's out, the news director's out, the main anchor is out, now the chief meteorologist. What the hell is going on at KVUE?! They must be cleaning house or what!

And the weekend sports anchor a couple weeks ago, plus a couple other departures of relatively long-tenured talent in late 2015 -- reporter Shelton Green had been there for close to 20 years, and 5 PM anchor Jim Bergamo had been at KVUE for few years after first coming to Austin in the early 00s. I think they've lost more years of experience in the last eight months than some of the competitors have in total.

• Like 2

Turmoil at KVUE (ABC 24). The GM's out, the news director's out, the main anchor is out, now the chief meteorologist. What the hell is going on at KVUE?! They must be cleaning house or what!

I don't see such at other Tegna stations...why are they taking it out on Austin?

I don't see such at other Tegna stations...why are they taking it out on Austin?

Tegna allowed GMs to exempt some people from the buyouts. Many stations exempted the on-air people. KVUE didn't exempt anyone, thus the exodus we are seeing now.

• Like 1

While we're sticking with Tegna...

http://www.11alive.com/news/11alive-names-jeff-hullinger-primary-co-anchor/128718194

Meanwhile, Tom Haynes is back at the Fox 5 anchor desk after being sidelined for a few weeks due to surgery, and just in time because pretty soon, they may make some sort of announcement regarding Stephany Fisher (they already got fellow ex-CBS 46er Annalee Penny).

• Like 5

Well Hearst seemed to sweep the Headliner Awards. WCVB won best website, WTAE won two awards for their Chronicle show, and WBAL won best breaking news coverage for the Baltimore Riots and Best Newscast at 11pm.

• Like 2

CW Network Coming To KWWL Cedar Rapids

Quincy Media-owned NBC affiliate KWWL Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City-Dubuque, Iowa (DMA 90) is adding The CW to its 7.2 subchannel beginning Sept. 12.

The CW will replace ThisTV and will be available free over the air via antenna as well as on most cable and satellite distributors in high definition.

The changes come as a result of an agreement signed in 2015 between CW and KWWL Television Inc. KWWL VP-GM Jim McKernan said: “The CW is an excellent addition to our already successful portfolio of entertainment and information offerings from NBC, MeTV and KWWL.com. This is a station we look forward to developing into a legitimate alternative for both viewers and Eastern Iowa businesses.”

In addition to CW network and Saturday morning programming, KWWL plans to air a variety of shows such as The Real, Crimewatch Daily, Dish Nation, Access Hollywood, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, The Verdict and Judge Alex as well as many others.

KWWL will continue to air NBC on ch. 7.1, as well as offering Memorable Entertainment Television (aka MeTV) on ch. 7.3.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/93889/cw-network-coming-to-kwwl-cedar-rapids

Now what happens to KWKB?

Well Hearst seemed to sweep the Headliner Awards. WCVB won best website, WTAE won two awards for their Chronicle show, and WBAL won best breaking news coverage for the Baltimore Riots and Best Newscast at 11pm.

Also I should add I saw Wendy Bells name once or twice for some awards.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic