Out & About

TexasTVNews

The FB post has been deleted.

I cleared my history, cache and cookies and saw the message you were referring to. I logged back into Facebook and it was visible.

If you can't view it here's the Facebook group, Overheard in The Live Truck, where it was posted. Maybe you will have to like the group to see it.

If your having difficult it was a picture of a sign of a gentlemens club, Dream Girls SoDo, which read "Girls, Girls, Girls" and below that it read "Welcome to the Neighborhood K5" where they used their logo.

I don't know it will work but here's the direct link to the photo.

Derek Valcourt of WJZ had his last shift Friday. There was no mention of where he's going or what he's doing next. His husband, Adam May, is a reporter for Al Jazeera America's America Tonight so in a few months they'll be free to move where ever the jobs take them next.

[MEDIA=twitter]693257814249091072[/MEDIA]

Lynda Martin is going back to XETV to fill the morning seat vacated by Heather Myers. A seat that Lynda held before Heather Myers. This makes it the third time around at XETV for Lynda.

http://www.sandiegoradio.org/2016/01/familiar-face-returning-to-cw-6-morning.html?m=1

Also, there's this to add:

http://www.sandiegoradio.org/2016/01/clint-august-now-tv-show-host.html?m=1

Kinda out of left field. Seems they're trying just anything at this point. We'll see how this goes.

Looks like Cox subscribers in Vegas will get to watch the Super Bowl after all: ;)

Nexstar And Cox Resolve Dispute With New Deal, End Blackout

Nexstar Broadcasting Group and Cox Communications have reached a new distribution agreement that will restore Nexstar’s stations in nine markets to Cox’s lineup. The deal covers Nexstar’s broadcast platform inclusive of 13 network-affiliated and local stations. Programming on all stations will resume as soon as possible, the companies said. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

The deal comes ahead of Sunday’s Super Bowl. Some of Nexstar’s stations — notably, in Las Vegas — are CBS affiliates. That network is carrying the game this year.

https://deadline.com/2016/02/nexstar-cox-blackout-ends-new-agreement-1201696722/

I wonder who pressured the two sides to make a deal? CBS? The NFL? Nevada Sen. Harry Reid?

WXYZ/WMYD in Detroit has hired Rob Parker a Radio/Newspaper columnist... Semi-occasional fill-in Sports anchor at WDIV and contributer to their "Sports Final Edition" show on Sunday nights to anchor sports primarily on "Action News At 10" on WMYD. No doubt he will pop up early and often on Channel 7 as well....

He has been widely lambasted for years for his not so clear delivery and poor TV performance... This on its face would seem to be a very bad hire.

• Like 2

WXYZ/WMYD in Detroit has hired Rob Parker a Radio/Newspaper columnist... Semi-occasional fill-in Sports anchor at WDIV and contributer to their "Sports Final Edition" show on Sunday nights to anchor sports primarily on "Action News At 10" on WMYD. No doubt he will pop up early and often on Channel 7 as well....

He has been widely lambasted for years for his not so clear delivery and poor TV performance... This on its face would seem to be a very bad hire.

Don't forget we was fired from ESPN for saying that Robert Griffin III wasn't black enough and calling him a " cornball brother"

• Like 1

Sources tell me 11Alive is close to getting/naming Demarco's replacement as evening anchor. Jeff Hullinger been the interim evening anchor but also is currently serving as Sports Director after Fred Kalil left for CBS46 last yr. Also note they are not going in house for the replacement, not much in house talent away for an Weeknight Anchor

• Like 2

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/ron-magers-may-retire-from-wls/163312 Ron Magers is Looking at retiement as early as this summer from WLS

(In Part from TvSpy)

It’s not known who would replace Magers alongside Cheryl Burton at 5 p.m. and Kathy Brock at 10 p.m. The most obvious inside candidate is Alan Krashesky, a 34-year veteran of ABC 7, while other contenders could include Ravi Baichwal, Terrell Brown or Rob Elgas.

Shocker in many ways but not surprised either

Last week marked the end of the line for the last newscast on a MundoMax station. Yes, even in Miami, this can happen.

The last newscast aired on January 29, and 25 to 30 staff were cut. An inside source blames a financial row between the station and the network — which is rather easy to see. Caracol owns the station, RCN the network. They're bitter rivals in Colombia.

A new affiliate deal was signed, but it brought in much less revenue and that required the station to make cuts.

I'd actually like to see Raycom or Gray buy one of the stations in that group. At this point I think the main discussion should be the amount of money that would have to be spent to get any of those stations up to modern standards. One visit to their group website and it gives you instant heartburn more less watching a television news broadcast.
I'd like Nexstar to buy the low powered stations along with WABG, and Raycom or Gray buying WXVT.

Also, WDCW could launch a second 10 PM newscast in DC that will come from WTVR:

http://dcrtv.com/

Or more accurately: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/wdcw-50-psip-in-washington-dc-considering-a-10-pm-newscast.357550/

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic