Out & About

TexasTVNews

A few weeks ago, Rebecca Stephenson joined Seattle's Q13 FOX (KCPQ) as a freelance meteorologist. Well, now she's officially with

the Q13 FOX Weather Team full time.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/rebecca-stevenson-joins-kcpq/161885

And Greenville, NC's CBS affiliate now has a new main anchor. WNCT has hired Ken Watling as the stations 5, 5:30, 6, 10 & 11pm.

http://wnct.com/2016/01/19/ken-watling-joins-wnct-9-on-your-side-as-new-anchor/

KFMB San Diego GM Pat Nevin is out the door at the CBS affiliate. He's already been replaced by Alberto Mier y Teran, formerly of Univision. Mier y Teran will oversee the TV and Radio stations.

Let's see how he makes his mark...

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/1/19/out-the-door-in-socal

http://www.sandiegoradio.org/2016/01/kfmb-stations-name-their-president-and.html

From Huntington-Charleston WV market, WSAZ anchor/reporter Bill Murray last day was Jan 15th. Bill Murray first came to WSAZ in mid 80's, left in 1990 came back a few years later. He is off the beach to anchor at Raycom's WECT in Wilmington, NC. After living in this market and visiting I never thought that Bill Murray would leave WSAZ. Good luck to Bill at WECT.

FabLife gone, Right This Minute to replace it on the ABC O&Os this fall (possible paired with the recently renewed Millionaire?): http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/fablife-cancelled-tyra-banks-chrissy-teigen-talk-show-1201683544/

If "RTM" and "Millionaire" were paired together, one episode of each would have to air in late night, since there's no room on the weekday schedules of any of ABC's O&Os to air back-to-back episodes of both shows in daytime.

Though what does the ABC O&O pickup (and associated takeover of distribution rights by Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution from MGM) mean for "RTM"'s clearance deal with Fox Television Stations?

If "RTM" and "Millionaire" were paired together, one episode of each would have to air in late night, since there's no room on the weekday schedules of any of ABC's O&Os to air back-to-back episodes of both shows in daytime.

For the last decade in daytime, the O&O's (practically) never aired 'Millionaire' in a double run, so if it does return, I don't see why that would change. As for 'RTM', the 8 stations already have well-stocked schedules, eliminating the need for a double run of that show (unlike many of the CW, MNTV and indies that air it now).

Also, I'm going to reserve all judgement on this until the 8 (not 10, like the article states) stations release their fall schedules, as there are already some quirks and kinks in some of the stations' line-ups.

Though what does the ABC O&O pickup (and associated takeover of distribution rights by Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution from MGM) mean for "RTM"'s clearance deal with Fox Television Stations?

I meant a half hour of each, not a double take. Perhaps the Fox station deal expired?

For the last decade in daytime, the O&O's (practically) never aired 'Millionaire' in a double run, so if it does return, I don't see why that would change. As for 'RTM', the 8 stations already have well-stocked schedules, eliminating the need for a double run of that show (unlike many of the CW, MNTV and indies that air it now).

Also, I'm going to reserve all judgement on this until the 8 (not 10, like the article states) stations release their fall schedules, as there are already some quirks and kinks in some of the stations' line-ups.

There are 7 O&O's...

• Like 1

WABC, KABC, WLS, WPVI, KGO, KTRK, WTVD, KFSN.

Which one are you forgetting, or which one did they sell in the last 20 minutes?

If ABC is going to sell anything, it'd be WTVD to Hearst, considering how strong their relationship is, but only that station.

Most of the O&Os have identical schedules (particularly WABC, WPVI, KABC, and KGO, with just some shuffling). RTM/Millionaire would replace FabLife. KFSN carries Dr. Oz instead of Rachael Ray. WLS and KTRK carry the same programs with some minor differences (mainly Rachael Ray in overnights since they have one less hour of syndication).

(Psst, you brought it up, this time.)

Everyone's been thinking that ABC is a seller, but I don't think any of its stations are for sale, or if any one (and only one) station is for sale, it'd be WTVD to Hearst, but besides that, if any, none of the stations are for sale.

Everyone's been thinking that ABC is a seller, but I don't think any of its stations are for sale, or if any one (and only one) station is for sale, it'd be WTVD to Hearst, but besides that, if any, none of the stations are for sale.

If you want to talk about this again then go to the speculation and give it a whirl...

• Like 4

Today was Mandy Drury's last day at CNBC's HQ in Englewood Cliffs. She's moving back to her home country, Australia, where she'll remain in the CNBC family as a correspondent based in Sydney. Unfortunately I imagine most of her reports will be taped due to the sixteen hour time difference. She could probably be on the air around 3PM ET which would be 7AM in Sydney.

[MEDIA=instagram]BAkpCk8NHtR[/MEDIA]

I didn't know she was Australian.