Out & About

TexasTVNews

I think The FAB Life and The Meredith Vieira Show will be canceled after this season.

As much as I hate daytime network/syndicated talk shows (except Maury Povich, Steve Wilkos, and Dr. Phil are the only shows I watch) I would rather

see more court shows, game shows for 2016.

• Like 1

As much as I hate daytime network/syndicated talk shows (except Maury Povich, Steve Wilkos, and Dr. Phil are the only shows I watch) I would rather

Yeah, we need more game shows, especially networked ones- why doesn't NBC bring back Scrabble (again) or Sale of the Century (the real one, not that ripoff Temptation crap from 2007), or ABC bring back, I dunno, Debt, with Wink Martindale, or maybe The Joker's Wild?

So a few updates:

*Kimi mentioned on her Twitter that she is/was training the new weather lady/girl. No word yet on when she officially starts.

*Heather Myers starts at KFMB on Dec. 28th, according to her former co-anchor Marc Bailey.

No sign of Heather this morning. At least when I tuned in at 430. Jeff Zevely was doing weather.

CBS Daytime is set. NBC Daytime should not try another talk show again. Nate Berkus, Jeff Probst, Meredith Vieira (much as i like her) should have sent them that message. Let the affiliates use the hour for news or local programming (eg. 4pm) or present something different to the affiliates (soap opera or an hour of games) that would be useful after Days of our lives. It's ABC Daytime that needs some help. This time, Katie and the FAB Life should have sent them the message. Ditto what i said about the hour that can be useful for NBC for ABC, this time before or after GH. Would at least bringing back OLTL (which had decent ratings unlike AMC prior to cancellation) or creating a new soap hurt that much, regardless of economics?

• Like 1

A little disappointed to see that people still watch Maury, Wilkos, and Springer. You're not a fan of Springer? Those three programs = TrashTV.

What I'm about to list is local newscasts debuting in January. What you already know:

1. WPIX 11's new 6:30pm news debuting January 11th.
  2. WCVB 5's new 4:30 and 7:00pm news debuting January 11th.
  3. WFLA 8's new 8:00pm news on WTTA 38 debuting January 4th.
  4. KCRA 3's new 4:00pm news debuting January 25th.
  5. WDRB 41's new 11:00pm news, which I learned today that its debuting on January 11th.
  6. WFLD 32's new weekend morning newscast that could debut in either late January or early February.

What you don't know yet:

[MEDIA=twitter]681248275639480320[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]681596904233418752[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]681624021285384192[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]681637436439576577[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

It seems that Stephany Fisher's (longtime WGCL anchor who unceremoniously got the boot this past summer) six-month hiatus will soon be over, and it won't be long before WAGA makes it absolutely, positively, 100% official.

Fisher is of course expected to join Tom Haynes for News Edge, but Fox 5 will have to make a couple sacrifices. Kaitlyn Pratt could be promoted from Good Day Atlanta to general assignment reporter, with Lisa Rayam in her place. Rayam will still do noon, but should relinquish her 6:00 spot (alongside Russ Spencer) to Stephany.

But since WXIA is without a lead male anchor after DeMarco Morgan left for CBS News, Fox 5 may send Ron Gant packing, meaning he'll have wait six months before joining Brenda Wood on 11 Alive. Who knows what will happen in the coming weeks?

• Like 6

It seems that Stephany Fisher's (longtime WGCL anchor who unceremoniously got the boot this past summer) six-month hiatus will soon be over, and it won't be long before WAGA makes it absolutely, positively, 100% official.

Fisher is of course expected to join Tom Haynes for News Edge, but Fox 5 will have to make a couple sacrifices. Kaitlyn Pratt could be promoted from Good Day Atlanta to general assignment reporter, with Lisa Rayam in her place. Rayam will still do noon, but should relinquish her 6:00 spot (alongside Russ Spencer) to Stephany.

But since WXIA is without a lead male anchor after DeMarco Morgan left for CBS News, Fox 5 may send Ron Gant packing, meaning he'll have wait six months before joining Brenda Wood on 11 Alive. Who knows what will happen in the coming weeks?

What's the current anchor line up at WAGA?

• Like 1

No sign of Heather this morning. At least when I tuned in at 430. Jeff Zevely was doing weather.

S

Well she popped up this morning at 6am wearing that same dress that all the other weather chicks have been wearing (blue).

And get this...

Nichelle wore the same exact dress....but in pink.

I should have never given up drugs.

the-meteorologist-dress.jpg.f61b8699ba9e81729af2a159554a3bae.jpg

• Like 1

S

Well she popped up this morning at 6am wearing that same dress that all the other weather chicks have been wearing (blue).

And get this...

[ATTACH=full]2502[/ATTACH]

Haven't had that here... Some wardrobe consultant has quite a network...

S

And get this...

[ATTACH=full]2502[/ATTACH]

Kimi wore the blue one a few weeks ago...

Heather was understandingly nervous in her weather debut. I just hope this doesn't turn into the Kimberly King hiring... Where a person with little to no experience doing weather gets hired to do AM weather. Only time will tell. But King had two years to improve and she was bumbling and fumbling her words even till the last day on air.

Kimi wore the blue one a few weeks ago...

Heather was understandingly nervous in her weather debut. I just hope this doesn't turn into the Kimberly King hiring... Where a person with little to no experience doing weather gets hired to do AM weather. Only time will tell. But King had two years to improve and she was bumbling and fumbling her words even till the last day on air.

Is she a trained meteorologist? I know stations in California seem to care not as much about that.

• Like 4

Is she a trained meteorologist? I know stations in California seem to care not as much about that.

Nope. I don't even think she had any formal training on presenting weather prior to this. Which is really baffling because, as I mentioned before, they hired Kimberly King (whom was a traffic reporter/ fill-in weather person at KNSD--before being laid off) several years ago and that ended horribly. King, had very limited weather experience, yet KFMB hired her. Why they would ditch a meteorologist in Kimi Evans is beyond baffling.

The funny thing is that KFMB for several years had expected/demanded that their weather anchors be AMS certified, but with recent hires, they've gone back and forth in selecting candidates with or without the seal or even being a meteorologist.

Didn't Brittani Dubose recently take that position?

That's what I thought too unless they're planning to have a "tag team" set up with Brittani and Lindsey splitting weather duties in the mornings (WREG does this in the evenings with Tim Simpson and Jim Jaggers).

West coast forecasters have very little tools and information to make predictions beyond 12/24 hours. Radar is only good for 25/50 miles out over the ocean. The Airforce does not fly data into west coast storms.

All you have is sat, marine observations from bouys and ships, and that's about it.

Nice boob job and tight butt keeps the male viewers happy,and a non-threatening gay asian guy keeps the women (and some guys) happy.

More hooey in wx forecasting here in the west than anything else.

There is not much craft to practice here unlike the rest of the country.

When I'm News Director I'm gonna have the best weather team around.

They are gonna be super hot guys and gals...

That can put out wildfires, design and build reservoirs...and predict all the earthquakes a week in advance.

"The Channel 73 Global Climate Force".

Nope. I don't even think she had any formal training on presenting weather prior to this. Which is really baffling because, as I mentioned before, they hired Kimberly King (whom was a traffic reporter/ fill-in weather person at KNSD--before being laid off) several years ago and that ended horribly. King, had very limited weather experience, yet KFMB hired her. Why they would ditch a meteorologist in Kimi Evans is beyond baffling.

The funny thing is that KFMB for several years had expected/demanded that their weather anchors be AMS certified, but with recent hires, they've gone back and forth in selecting candidates with or without the seal or even being a meteorologist.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic