Out & About

TexasTVNews

A new promo has been airing on KFMB announcing the return of Heather Myers to the station. No word on what position she will fill, but Kimi Evans hinted that Heather was taking her spot. I am not sure if the plan is to have Heather do weather, but if that is the case then I hope it's not as disastrous as when they had Kimberly King do weather... that experiment lasted a few years and the weather segment was atrocious to watch.

Surprised to see this. WAVY anchor Nicole Livas about to leave the station to relocate to D.C. (no word on whether she got a job at a station there; but it did mention Livas' husband had been working there and she wanted to spend more time with him)

http://www.pilotonline.com/entertainment/tv/wavy-anchor-nicole-livas-set-to-leave-hampton-roads/article_0b4ccb61-643d-53ee-be1d-6a1238322432.html

• Like 1

Those spelling errors though. Wow.

TVNewsCheck stated tonight that KCRA 3 is adding a new 4pm newscast, which will debut January 25.

now their really trying to get more people to watch KCRA than KOVR's 4pm News.

on another note KXTV now uses the Midday graphics that TEGNA rolled out on KTHV, WKYC and a few others.

now their really trying to get more people to watch KCRA than KOVR's 4pm News.

That's going to happen eventually. More people already watch KCRA 3 for local news in that market than either KOVR 13, KXTV 10 or KTXL 40. With the new 4:00pm newscast, this will just pit the icing on the cake for KCRA 3.

That's going to happen eventually. More people already watch KCRA 3 for local news in that market than either KOVR 13, KXTV 10 or KTXL 40. With the new 4:00pm newscast, this will just pit the icing on the cake for KCRA 3.

Like they do with WBAL, WISN, and WCVB

Like they do with WBAL, WISN, and WCVB

To be honest they all have Ellen as a strong lead in but viewers would switch over if their product isn't good.

I wouldn't be surprised if WCVB becomes #1 at 4:30pm when their new 4:30pm newscast lanches on January 11th. Won't be surprised for the 7:00pm either.

What exactly is going to be removed from WCVB's schedule for the 4:30pm newscast?

Also, what program is being removed (transferred to KQCA?) on KCRA?

To be honest they all have Ellen as a strong lead in but viewers would switch over if their product isn't good.

What exactly is going to be removed from WCVB's schedule for the 4:30pm newscast?

I believe Meredith will be shifted to overnights on both stations. Meredith continues to be demoted to overnights in other big markets.

Meredith is being removed from 3pm to 1:35am, I believe, while Ellen will shift to 3pm on WCVB. Inside Edition will air at 4pm followed by NewsCenter 5 at 4:30pm.

Dr. Oz is currently on air at 4pm on KCRA 3 and could be shifted to 3pm for the new newscast. Meredith could be downgraded again, this time in the Sacramento market. Meredith is really not doing well at all and its serving an advantage for stations to add more local news when it can.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been picked up for a second season yet.

if they don't then they will probably replace the show or rerun one of their other shows they already have like jeopardy!, wheel of fortune or Inside Edition.

• Like 1