Out & About

TexasTVNews

Former KGTV and KNSD reporter Margaret Radford just ppoped up as PR flack during a live shot on KSWB5/69 FOX.

She was shilling for The Container Store, a closet and container company.

She will be performing all morning on the FOX 5 Morning News...

Don't forget to tip your waitress.

BTW...

That Shally chick on that show is always being caught playing with her phone or the laptop....well Shally it's frigging annoying...as annoying as reporters that check the smartphone during liveshots.

Annoying!

UPDATE: Margret has aged well, she is rocking the grandma look while showing San Diegoans how to wrap Christmas gifts. The Preggers FOX 5 reporter is all gigglly with Margret. The intro they just called by her first name ...if they made any reference to her past I missed it.

As much as I wanted to puke during this fluff piece I must admit...Margret looked very,very happy, and not stressed out like before. She lost a few pounds too.

Former WFTS anchor Linda Hurtado is joining Tampa Bay's FOX 13 (WTVT) as the new Noon and 5pm anchor replacing Denise White who retired last week.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wtvt-names-linda-hurtado-anchor-promotes-reporter/159727

Reid Lamberty has been named weekend anchor at Boston's ABC 5 WCVB starting January 10th.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/reid-lamberty-promoted-to-anchor-at-wcvb/159689

And finally some sad news to report, Orris Tabner has passed away at the age of 83. Tabner worked at CBS station WTOL from 1959 till his retirement

in 1996. TVNT would like to take this time to offer our prayers and condolences to the Tabner family, and to his extended family at WTOL (Toledeo) 11 News.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/former-toledo-sports-anchor-dies/159684

• Like 2

XETV (San Diego 6) Morning Anchor Heather Myers has abruptly left the station. Her bio has been scrubbed from their website and her FB and Twitter pages have removed most connections to SD6. Very surprising news to say the least. I wonder where she is headed to.

• Like 1

XETV (San Diego 6) Morning Anchor Heather Myers has abruptly left the station. Her bio has been scrubbed from their website and her FB and Twitter pages have removed most connections to SD6. Very surprising news to say the least. I wonder where she is headed to.

Whoa!

That is kinda strange.

Whoa!

That is kinda strange.

Yeah. No good-bye's, nothing. She was just there yesterday or the day before I think. The same thing happened to Janet Zappalla, there one day, gone the next. In Heather's case, one would have to assume that she is headed to another station in town. FOX5 perhaps?

Brendan McLaughlin will leave the ABC affiliate WFTS in Tampa on Dec 18 after 21 years with the station.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/brendan-mclaughlin-leaving-wfts/159766

Here's a quote from his FB post:

“A six month sabbatical starts then, followed by a return to productive and meaningful work.”

Sounds similar to what Martha Sugalski did when she left WESH; we all know what she ended up doing.

• Like 1

Martie (Salt) Tucker - WFTV, Wayne Shattuck - Retired, Drew Soicher - KUSA and now Brendan McLaughlin says goodbye to WFTS in two weeks. One of the last original anchors of ABC (28) Action News formerly known as 28 Tampa Bay News.

• Like 1

KFMB just aired a bizzare, yet puzzling new promo. It shows a coffee machine pouring hot coffee into a KFMB mug, in the background you can hear the AM anchors. Then towards the end it says "Were brewing something new, STAY TUNED"

• Like 1

KFMB just aired a bizzare, yet puzzling new promo. It shows a coffee machine pouring hot coffee into a KFMB mug, in the background you can hear the AM anchors. Then towards the end it says "Were brewing something new, STAY TUNED"

I first saw that yesterday, and also just now tonight. Very puzzling indeed. Wonder what's going to happen?

Martie (Salt) Tucker - WFTV, Wayne Shattuck - Retired, Drew Soicher - KUSA and now Brendan McLaughlin says goodbye to WFTS in two weeks. One of the last original anchors of ABC (28) Action News formerly known as 28 Tampa Bay News.

After Brendan leaves, only Chief Meteorologist Dennis Phillips will be the only original member left at WFTS 28.

• Like 1

I first saw that yesterday, and also just now tonight. Very puzzling indeed. Wonder what's going to happen?

How about I take a random stab at that...

Myers to Ch-8 for the block Peter...

I said random...cuz I have no clue on this one..

How about I take a random stab at that...

Myers to Ch-8 for the block Peter...

I said random...cuz I have no clue on this one..

Considering they've been doing fairly well in the mornings, do you think they'll mess with anchor pairings or would they add Heather as a Live Desk/Fill-in anchor? If she winds up over at 8...

Considering they've been doing fairly well in the mornings, do you think they'll mess with anchor pairings or would they add Heather as a Live Desk/Fill-in anchor? If she winds up over at 8...

I think they would be stupid to mess with it....

But speaking of stoopid,,,have you seen KGTV's reaction on-air to the poor book?

NO DIRECTION!

Chicken-head=&^^$#@

I think they would be stupid to mess with it....

But speaking of stoopid,,,have you seen KGTV's reaction on-air to the poor book?

NO DIRECTION!

Chicken-head=&^^$#@

How bad was it? I can definitely see them trending down with the stupid format they instituted a few months ago...

How did KNSD and the others do?

• Like 1

How bad was it? I can definitely see them trending down with the stupid format they instituted a few months ago...

How did KNSD and the others do?

KGTV will double down on the format, meaning more deceptive writing, more present tense bullshit statements, more exaggerations, and more lost cat and stolen shopping cart stories.

KNSD???

Like watching paint dry...boring...uninspired...

XETV???

The "Part-timers/ freelancers MuttCast"

KSWB

The maternity ward

KFMB???

Forced "active liveshots" are soooo 1998. Hey Bunner and Wiener ditch that shit for more traditional mashed out network stand-ups.

• Like 1

KGTV will double down on the format, meaning more deceptive writing, more present tense bullshit statements, more exaggerations, and more lost cat and stolen shopping cart stories.

KNSD???

Like watching paint dry...boring...uninspired...

XETV???

The "Part-timers/ freelancers MuttCast"

KSWB

The maternity ward

KFMB???

Forced "active liveshots" are soooo 1998. Hey Bunner and Wiener ditch that shit for more traditional mashed out network stand-ups.

So you mean we can expect more: "Happening Now", "New From Overnight", "Breaking News Tracker", "Stories THAT Matter"!!!??? LOL

Have you noticed that KNSD is finally doing all their live shots in HD. I don't know what took them so long, since they've been doing some live shots in HD, here and there for the last year or so.

I'm still wondering how XETV can continue to keep going with all the departures they've had, it's like they don't even try anymore.

• Like 1

So you mean we can expect more: "Happening Now", "New From Overnight", "Breaking News Tracker", "Stories THAT Matter"!!!??? LOL

Have you noticed that KNSD is finally doing all their live shots in HD. I don't know what took them so long, since they've been doing some live shots in HD, here and there for the last year or so.

I'm still wondering how XETV can continue to keep going with all the departures they've had, it's like they don't even try anymore.

"We FIRST told you last night at 11p" meaning the first time they first aired the story was at 11pm...not that they were the FIRST to tell anyone.

"We JUST checked" ....yesterday....

Kill me now...it's gonna get worse i promise.

"We FIRST told you last night at 11p" meaning the first time they first aired the story was at 11pm...not that they were the FIRST to tell anyone.

"We JUST checked" ....yesterday....

Kill me now...it's gonna get worse i promise.

Sounds like the Cliff's Notes version of Tired TV Terms.

• Like 1