Out & About

TexasTVNews

I'm not sure if anyone else thinks so but, shouldn't TXA 21 and WBFS bring back their news operations?

KTXA had their 7-9PM Newscasts from 2006 till the end of their run 2011. But, in my opinion; I say bring it back. This is how I would

see it; KTXA should be more like their sister station KCAL 9.

TXA21 News: This Morning (7-9am)

TXA21 News: Midday/Afternoon (12-2PM)

TXA21 News: First In Prime (7-9:30PM)

TXA21 Sports: The Score (9:30-10PM)

KDAF, KIAH, WBFS and if I may add WGNO; they should drop the NewsFix as well as News with a twist and bring back their news

operations, if Tribune can get their heads out of their a** and start doing something right for a change. Look at WGN, WPIX, KCPQ,

KSWB WXMI and KTLA.

It's just my two cents.

KTXA had their 7-9PM Newscasts from 2006 till the end of their run 2011. But, in my opinion; I say bring it back. This is how I would

KDAF, KIAH, WBFS and if I may add WGNO; they should drop the NewsFix as well as News with a twist and bring back their news

operations, if Tribune can get their heads out of their a** and start doing something right for a change. Look at WGN, WPIX, KCPQ,

KSWB WXMI and KTLA.

It's just my two cent.

Somebody has to argue for the money to do that.

Remember Tribune just emerged from bankruptcy so it's nice to build up a bunch of cash reserves first.

You have to remember there are many, many expenses for running a news dept.

KSWB WXMI and KTLA.

It's just my two cents.

WLNY has cut back on their news output as has KCAL. If TXA21 were to bring back news, I'd imagine it would only be one newscast a day to start.

Sorry for double post but... Nicholas Russo (Chief Meteorologist at WOAY-TV 50 in Bluefield, WV - @nickVrusso) replied on my blog's Twitter (@ChangeNewsBlog) that today was KMID 2's last day in the old building and the new studio and building is expected to be launched by next week.

Nicholas Russo used to work at KMID 2 in Midland and has a friend who still works there.

[MEDIA=twitter]667836607274352641[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]667861329269686272[/MEDIA]

Sorry for double post but... Nicholas Russo (Chief Meteorologist at WOAY-TV 50 in Bluefield, WV - @nickVrusso) replied on my blog's Twitter (@ChangeNewsBlog) that today was KMID 2's last day in the old building and the new studio and building is expected to be launched by next week.

Nicholas Russo used to work at KMID 2 in Midland and has a friend who still works there.

[MEDIA=twitter]667836607274352641[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]667861329269686272[/MEDIA]

Hopefully HD and other technical upgrades were part of the plans. This is one station that is LONG overdue for a change.

Why hasn't it been changed in a long time? And as much as I doubt this, has it even been upgraded to HD?

Because Nexstar. That's why. But FINALLY this is happening. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time after they changed their website to YourBasin.com from PermianBasin360.com, but still, too long. It sounds like they will be changing to "Local Big 2 News" (the articles on the website had been addressed this way for quite some time now, but never on-air). I hope they ditch Indie-Band News and replace it with something else, maybe Evolution? Surprisingly, according to the NMSA, no station in that market has ever used a package with the Spirit signature (although since it is a very small market one of the three stations could have at some point and we wouldn't know)

• Like 2

With so many anchors starting new chapters, Kevin Cooney is one of them. Tonight, Cooney will sign off on his last newscast for CBS station KCCI. We at TVNT want to wish Kevin Cooney the very best in his retirement.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/longtime-anchor-signs-off-kcci-tonight/159375

More changes now coming to the now CMG owned station WFXT FOX 25, former KTVU reporter Eric Rasmussen has joined FOX 25 as the stations investigative reporter. Rasmussen starts at the Boston FOX affiliate Monday.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/former-ktvu-reporter-joining-former-ktvu-nd-in-boston/159434

• Like 1

Another TV personality is retiring, so speaking of Kevin and Denise White and all others who are retiring, Patrick Prokop is getting ready for his final newscast tomorrow after 38 years in weather broadcasting, 35 of them at the good ol' one and only, WTOC Channel 11.

(Video courtesy from WTOC 11's Facebook page, 30 or so minutes ago from this post)

Didn't see it posted here or on the Sinclair Corporate Chat thread already, so... Bill Young has left KOKH as co-anchor of its morning newscast. Young (who first worked at the station as an intern in the late 1990s, when KOKH only produced a 9:00 p.m. newscast, before returning as an anchor/reporter in 2012) has accepted an evening anchor position in Huntsville (the TVSpy article linked below, nor Bill himself in his sign-off, did not specify whether he'll be joining WHNT, WAFF or WAAY).

Former "Daily Buzz" weather anchor/host Mitch English, who joined KOKH as a morning reporter last year, will officially take over as co-anchor starting Thursday (November 26), though he unofficially began his new role on the 9:00 a.m. hour of the program this morning, as Young only anchored the 5:00-9:00 a.m. block.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/bill-young-leaving-kokh-names-replacement/159329

I'm not sure if anyone else thinks so but, shouldn't TXA 21 and WBFS bring back their news operations?

TXA might since how the only sports programing they got left are the Stars, High School Sports, etc. since how the Texas Rangers moved to Fox Sports Southwest exclusively this past season.

As for WBFS no chance of WFOR bringing back local news for WBFS.

Didn't see it posted here or on the Sinclair Corporate Chat thread already, so... Bill Young has left KOKH as co-anchor of its morning newscast. Young (who first worked at the station as an intern in the late 1990s, when KOKH only produced a 9:00 p.m. newscast, before returning as an anchor/reporter in 2012) has accepted an evening anchor position in Huntsville (the TVSpy article linked below, nor Bill himself in his sign-off, did not specify whether he'll be joining WHNT, WAFF or WAAY).

Former "Daily Buzz" weather anchor/host Mitch English, who joined KOKH as a morning reporter last year, will officially take over as co-anchor starting Thursday (November 26), though he unofficially began his new role on the 9:00 a.m. hour of the program this morning, as Young only anchored the 5:00-9:00 a.m. block.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/bill-young-leaving-kokh-names-replacement/159329

Yeah I noticed that "Good Day Oklahoma" got replaced by "Fox 25 Morning News" in the 9am hour so they just decided to drop Good Day and added another hour to Fox 25 Morning News is that correct?

Yeah I noticed that "Good Day Oklahoma" got replaced by "Fox 25 Morning News" in the 9am hour so they just decided to drop Good Day and added another hour to Fox 25 Morning News is that correct?

This happened in October (occurring almost simultaneously with Living Oklahoma host Shelby Cashman being added the 5:00-9:00 a.m. block of the program as its first in-studio traffic anchor), and technically, it was more of a rebranding. Good Day was just an extension of the Fox 25 Morning News, but the station never referred to it in any promotions for the newscast in the five years since it expanded into the 9:00 a.m. hour.

TXA might since how the only sports programing they got left are the Stars, High School Sports, etc. since how the Texas Rangers moved to Fox Sports Southwest exclusively this past season.

KTXA and WBFS are probably spectrum bait anyways. Their programming could move to subchannels of KTVT and WFOR.

So yes, basically the FOX 25 Morning News is from 5:00-10:00 a.m., followed by Living Oklahoma from 10:00-11:00 a.m.

That's right. I live in this market and WBFS 33 had news at 10pm produced by WFOR for 10 years from 2001-2011 and a morning newscast from 7-9am for 4 years from 2004-2008. Both were canceled due to budget cutbacks and obviously and not surprisingly, due to very low ratings against WSVN 7's mega-watt, huge powerhouse 10pm newscast that was never beaten in the ratings by either WBFS 33 or by WSFL 39 when its newscasts was produced by WTVJ 6. Nobody had a shot against the huge ratings juggernaut powerhouse that is WSVN 7.