Out & About

TexasTVNews

Let's put those rumors to rest...

[MEDIA=twitter]644556299842154496[/MEDIA]

So either it will run Good Day Oklahoma in the interim or will just wait until Living Oklahoma debuts on October 5th. Either way, its NOT a newscast. Make note of that.

And welcome back Meg, to OKC Television.

• Like 1

WTVR announces Candace Burns will permanently take over the 6p & 11p co-anchor position with Bill Fitzgerald. Candace came to CBS6 last year when the late Stephanie Rochon took her medical LOA.

I'm happy they're giving it to Candace, while we'll all miss Steph, Candace is great and deserves it.

• Like 4

Musical chairs in the anchor positions at WVEC starting on September 28. VARTV is reporting that Lucy Bustamante replaces Vanessa Coria (who was stepping aside from the anchor desk to do evening reports) on Daybreak and the noon edition of 13 News Now; Regina Mobley and Janet Roach will anchor at 4:00; Mobley will still anchor with David Alan at 5:00, 6:00 and 11:00 while Alan anchors the 5:30 newscast with Roach.

Another upcoming retrans battle....this time it's Media General and DirecTV....

http://wlfi.com/2015/09/19/attention-directv-subscribers/

In the past, both companies have been good about negotiating. It started to change when DISH had the blackout two years ago.

Now that DirecTV is under AT&T's control, and Media General is the former LIN in disguise...this has the potential to get ugly.

LIN has had sparring matches with Mediacom, Dish and Time Warner (and Bright House) in the past resulting in month-long blackouts.

• Like 2

I've contacted Washington DC's CBS Station WUSA-TV today, and this is what they told me about the newscast line-up.

As many of you all know Derek McGinty left the station earlier this month, and I now know the new anchor line-up that will

take place next month in October.

5:00/5:30PM and 11:00PM - Adam Longo & Lesli Foster*

6:00/7:00PM - Bruce Johnson & Jan Jeffcoat

*Thanks TVNewsLover for the Correction.

• Like 1

I've contacted Washington DC's CBS Station WUSA-TV today, and this is what they told me about the newscast line-up.

As many of you all know Derek McGinty left the station earlier this month, and I now know the new anchor line-up that will

take place next month in October.

5:00/5:30PM - Adam Longo & Lesli Foster

6:00/7:00PM - Bruce Johnson & Jan Jeffcoat

and 11:00PM - Adam Longo & Jan Jeffcoat

According to dcrtv.com, it will be Longo & Foster at 11pm. Personally I think they should can the 7pm in favor of a 4pm.

• Like 1

Let's put those rumors to rest...

[MEDIA=twitter]644556299842154496[/MEDIA]

So either it will run Good Day Oklahoma in the interim or will just wait until Living Oklahoma debuts on October 5th. Either way, its NOT a newscast. Make note of that.

And welcome back Meg, to OKC Television.

Good to see Meg back on TV and I thought they we're going to add a 10am Good Day Oklahoma but I was wrong and I apologize Roly

FYI: It looks like it'll run Good Day Oklahoma at 10am until Oct. 5th and that's when Living Oklahoma will take over the 10am slot.

To me at some point KOKH will have to start scaling back court shows and replace those with additional newscasts and/or first run syndicated shows because Judge Judy might retire who knows which other judges may decide to quit doing Courtroom TV shows.

According to dcrtv.com, it will be Longo & Foster at 11pm. Personally I think they should can the 7pm in favor of a 4pm.

During Gannett run {pre-TEGNA & BELO} has a thing for many of their stations having a 7:00 news vs. a 4pm show. I know Phoenix has a locally produce show and evening news but with WKYC, WLTX, WJXX, WUSA {&formally WXIA did as too} produce a 7pm show.

Now Scripps has some stations Detroit, Indy, now Cincinnati with 7pm news. Surprise WMAR, WFTS, & WEWS didn't get into the 7pm local news race.

During Gannett run {pre-TEGNA & BELO} has a thing for many of their stations having a 7:00 news vs. a 4pm show. I know Phoenix has a locally produce show and evening news but with WKYC, WLTX, WJXX, WUSA {&formally WXIA did as too} produce a 7pm show.

Now Scripps has some stations Detroit, Indy, now Cincinnati with 7pm news. Surprise WMAR, WFTS, & WEWS didn't get into the 7pm local news race.

KGTV as well, though they had their 7 PM broadcast prior to Scripps buying them.

• Like 1

WXYZ originated the 7pm Newscast concept for Scripps after 9/11 when World News Tonight moved from 7pm to 630pm. They needed something to fill the half hour in a pinch and viola.. the 7pm news was born. What's more for being a retread newscast (repeating stories and packages from the 5pm and 6pm shows by and large with maybe a new story or two as a blurb in a VO or something) it was WXYZ's highest rated newscast in July and has been in the past from time to time as well and that's despite going up against Wheel on WDIV. So 7pm news can work pretty well.

Well just like Gray, Media General has now opened a new Washington bureau, just in time for the Pope's arrival to DC today.
Has Scripps kept theirs after splitting? And speaking of the Pope being in DC, you know who will be covering this the most? The big four networks (particularly CBS, NBC, and Fox since they own stations in or around the DC area), Gannett (via USA Today), TEGNA (which has a free DC bureau from WUSA), and Sinclair (WJLA, NewsChannel 8, and WBFF all being around the DC area).

?format=750w

NBC 33 in Baton Rouge is now Local 33. {Local Branding seems to be the flavor of moment for Nexstar }

This is 1,000,000 times better than their previous look. The station should be grateful for Nexstar's ownership because they are finally bringing change to the last-place station.

• Like 2

KFMB Chopper 8 in the borrowed A-Star till further notice while the camera in the Jetranger is "Fixed"....again.

I wonder how much it's costing the stations to keep renting out that A-Star, while Chopper 8 is down for maintenance? Heck, KFMB upgraded some of its tower cams to HD, maybe they can get working with the chopper's owner to get it replaced. It's been down, how many times this year?

Has Scripps kept theirs after splitting? And speaking of the Pope being in DC, you know who will be covering this the most? The big four networks (particularly CBS, NBC, and Fox since they own stations in or around the DC area), Gannett (via USA Today), TEGNA (which has a free DC bureau from WUSA), and Sinclair (WJLA, NewsChannel 8, and WBFF all being around the DC area).

Scripps DC bureau is alive and kicking thank you...

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic