Out & About

TexasTVNews

I guess they are going for a vintage look perhaps? Their new promos have shown close-ups of one of their rotten mic flags, as if they were proud that their equipment has weathered the Southern California drought, how versatile they are!

LOL. At least they're not as bad as KNSD's which are literally falling apart, yet they keep using them/showing them on air. Go figure. They should do the KUSI treatment... use duct tape to hold the mic flag together.

LOL. At least they're not as bad as KNSD's which are literally falling apart, yet they keep using them/showing them on air. Go figure. They should do the KUSI treatment... use duct tape to hold the mic flag together.
KNSD is owned and operated by the network that advocates recycling, and ironically, they don't seem to recycle their worn mics. Someone should point that out to NBCUniversal.
  • Like 2

We stay classy down here in San Diego. haha

It seems like SD6 and KUSI are competing to see who can have the oldest set, I've surrendered that I'll probably never see a new set from either station in my lifetime.

We stay classy down here in San Diego. haha

It seems like SD6 and KUSI are competing to see who can have the oldest set, I've surrendered that I'll probably never see a new set from either station in my lifetime.

SD6 was supposedly getting a new set last year. Don't know why it never materialized. KUSI's set is 20 years old, I believe. I'm sure that it will get really wasted next year when it's legally able to drink. LOL. At least they're getting new live trucks (at the expense of a new set and other upgrades)...

• Like 1

SD6 was supposedly getting a new set last year. Don't know why it never materialized. KUSI's set is 20 years old, I believe. I'm sure that it will get really wasted next year when it's legally able to drink. LOL. At least they're getting new live trucks (at the expense of a new set and other upgrades)...

Here in Oklahoma, KFOR's set is about the same age as KUSI's is. Both need to be replaced A.S.A.P

• Like 2

Their entire on air identity does. Set, graphics, maybe even music.

Fresh branding new set, graphics and music. They've used the same music for all of my life. They debuted the Theme song in 1996 was born in 1998 and all I've remembered branding wise has either been "Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4" or just "NewsChannel 4" My suggested branding is either "Channel 4 Eyewitness News" or "Channel 4 Action News" and use the same theme song WTTV and several other Tribune stations use (same thing with graphics) and the new set should be designed by the same group that designed both KOCO's and KWTV's sets (FX Group).

Just to let you know... KTVU 2 is not airing "FOX NFL Kickoff" next Sunday, moving it to KICU 36, in favor of KTVU Mornings on 2 and KTVU FOX 2 Sports Weekend while KPTV 12 is putting "FOX NFL Kickoff" on sister station KPDX 49, in favor of the 8:00 a.m. hour of Good Day Oregon.

I'm not sure if anybody else is doing something like this.

A WVLA Reporter Claims He Was Fired for Asking Louisiana Senator (and candidate for Governor) David Vitter About His Past Prostitution Scandal

http://theadvocate.com/news/13402223-123/reporter-claims-he-was-fired

It's all about access; in this case access to that sweet, sweet campaign cash.

Fresh branding new set, graphics and music. They've used the same music for all of my life. They debuted the Theme song in 1996 was born in 1998 and all I've remembered branding wise has either been "Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4" or just "NewsChannel 4" My suggested branding is either "Channel 4 Eyewitness News" or "Channel 4 Action News" and use the same theme song WTTV and several other Tribune stations use (same thing with graphics) and the new set should be designed by the same group that designed both KOCO's and KWTV's sets (FX Group).

Well, KFOR's set is partly the same as it was in the '90s. The set originated as one of those combined newsroom/desk areas when it debuted in the early 1990s, shortly after the call sign change to KFOR. The newsroom has been modified a few times since then (repaintings, updates of the logos near the assignment desk and the conference rooms, etc.). The current background was added in 2006, with the duratrans being revised this spring. The weather center was also updated, I think, in 2001-02 and again a few years later.

The only way KFOR is getting a new set is when the new studio facility they were supposed to be building next door to the current building is completed. Although, I've never heard anything about whether they've even broke ground on that facility.

On another note, there are several newscast changes coming this fall other than the few mentioned on this thread and a couple others (coming from TVNewsCheck and WSVNFan's Changing Newscasts Blog):

* WUAB will reduce its 10:00 p.m. newscast to a half-hour after 27 years as a one-hour broadcast (it will also be cut to weeknights only), while also launching an hour-long 9:00 p.m. newscast starting September 21; Sports Extra will move to 9:45 p.m. MyNetworkTV programming will be shifted to 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. as a result.

* WLUK will expand its weekday morning and late-evening news blocks on September 21, extending Good Day Wisconsin by a half-hour to 4:30 a.m. and adding a half-hour 10:00 p.m. newscast (the first time WLUK has aired news in that timeslot in more than a decade, if anyone knows when the original 10:00 p.m. newscast was cancelled, please reply).

* WDRB will expanded its midday newscast to an hour on September 21, now running from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; it is also cancelling the 7:00 p.m. newscast it produces for CW-affiliated sister station WBKI, after the September 18 broadcast.

* WECT will launch an hour-long 4:00 p.m. newscast on September 14.

* WXXV will launch a weekday morning newscast on September 21, under the title News 25 Today, consisting of an hour-long 6:00 a.m. newscast on WXXV-DT2 and a 7:00 a.m. newscast of the same length on its main channel.

* Newsfix is expanding on both KDAF and KIAH. KDAF has expanded the weeknight edition of the program's 5:00 p.m. broadcast to one hour as of Monday (September 7); the weekend 5:00 p.m. newscast had already ran for one hour even prior to the conversion to the Newsfix format, with the 5:30 p.m. slot being occupied on weeknights by syndicated programming. KIAH will also add a 10:00 p.m. edition of Newsfix on September 14.

* WNCN has re-expanded its weekday morning newscast into the 4:30 a.m. half-hour as of Monday, after having dropped that portion of the program in January 2014.

* KXII has dropped its hour-long 7:00 a.m. morning newscast for its Fox-affiliated subchannel KXII-DT3. However, unlike with WFOX and WEVV-DT2 (which air both a simulcast of their parent station's morning newscasts and an exclusive newscast after 7:00 a.m.), the station has replaced it with a simulcast of the 5:00-7:00 a.m. newscast seen on KXII's main channel.

* KQDS will alter the scheduling of its morning newscast on September 21, dropping the 6:30 a.m. half-hour and simultaneously adding an hour to the tail-end of the program at 8:00 a.m.

* KAAL will debut a half-hour newscast at 6:30 p.m. each weeknight starting September 14.

* KVAL (and satellites KCBY and KPIC) will debut an hour-long morning newscast at 9:00 a.m., starting September 14.

* WDAY will begin simulcasting its 6:00 p.m. newscast on sister stations KBMY in Bismarck and KMCY in Minot, as well as on its WDAY/WDAZ Xtra subchannel on Monday through Saturday evenings starting September 14.

On another note, there are several newscast changes coming this fall other than the few mentioned on this thread and a couple others (coming from TVNewsCheck and WSVNFan's Changing Newscasts Blog):

* WUAB will reduce its 10:00 p.m. newscast to a half-hour after 27 years as a one-hour broadcast (it will also be cut to weeknights only), while also launching an hour-long 9:00 p.m. newscast starting September 21; Sports Extra will move to 9:45 p.m. MyNetworkTV programming will be shifted to 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. as a result.

* WLUK will expand its weekday morning and late-evening news blocks on September 21, extending Good Day Wisconsin by a half-hour to 4:30 a.m. and adding a half-hour 10:00 p.m. newscast (the first time WLUK has aired news in that timeslot in more than a decade, if anyone knows when the original 10:00 p.m. newscast was cancelled, please reply).

* WDRB will expanded its midday newscast to an hour on September 21, now running from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; it is also cancelling the 7:00 p.m. newscast it produces for CW-affiliated sister station WBKI, after the September 18 broadcast.

* WXXV will launch a weekday morning newscast on September 21, under the title News 25 Today, consisting of an hour-long 6:00 a.m. newscast on WXXV-DT2 and a 7:00 a.m. newscast of the same length on its main channel.

* Newsfix is expanding on both KDAF and KIAH. KDAF has expanded the weeknight edition of the program's 5:00 p.m. broadcast to one hour as of Monday (September 7); the weekend 5:00 p.m. newscast had already ran for one hour even prior to the conversion to the Newsfix format, with the 5:30 p.m. slot being occupied on weeknights by syndicated programming. KIAH will also add a 10:00 p.m. edition of Newsfix on September 14.

* WNCN has re-expanded its weekday morning newscast into the 4:30 a.m. half-hour as of Monday, after having dropped that portion of the program in January 2014.

* KXII has dropped its hour-long 7:00 a.m. morning newscast for its Fox-affiliated subchannel KXII-DT3. However, unlike with WFOX and WEVV-DT2 (which air both a simulcast of their parent station's morning newscasts and an exclusive newscast after 7:00 a.m.), the station has replaced it with a simulcast of the 5:00-7:00 a.m. newscast seen on KXII's main channel.

* KQDS will alter the scheduling of its morning newscast on September 21, dropping the 6:30 a.m. half-hour and simultaneously adding an hour to the tail-end of the program at 8:00 a.m.

* KAAL will debut a half-hour newscast at 6:30 p.m. each weeknight starting September 14.

* KVAL (and satellites KCBY and KPIC) will debut an hour-long morning newscast at 9:00 a.m., starting September 14.

* WDAY will begin simulcasting its 6:00 p.m. newscast on sister stations KBMY in Bismarck and KMCY in Minot, as well as on its WDAY/WDAZ Xtra subchannel on Monday through Saturday evenings starting September 14.

You are good at this. :) I thank you for reading my blog. A few corrections...

1) WECT 6's new 4:00 p.m. newscast is a half-hour, not a full hour. Inside Edition will air instead at 4:30 p.m.

2) WDAY'Z Xtra already simulcasted WDAY 6's 6:00 p.m. newscast, but it will just be extended to the Central and Western North Dakota on KBMY/KMCY.

• Like 1

I want to say when King of the Hill got into syndication, around 2002-2004, between that period of time, when they double-ran KOTH at 10 p.m., that's when they ditched the news when Emmis was in a budget-cutting mood around then, along with the last years before John Chandik retired.

Another newscast change is WTMJ is getting rid of the 3 p.m. newscast as of tomorrow (the infamous 'sound-off', affiliate wire report and debate hour which seemed to only appeal to grumpy suburban shut-ins on the phone and Facebook) for FABLife; once WTMJ and the Journal-Sentinel were broken apart and they lost that five minute segment, along with the new Scripps management beginning to play down cross-promotion of Jeff Wagner's radio show on the AM side, the writing was on the wall (they claimed the decision was made before Scripps took over). Another thing in that JS article is that WTMJ is still in the process of finding a new anchor to take over for Mike Jacobs; most stations would have just given Steve Chamraz the job and moved on already.

Well, KFOR's set is partly the same as it was in the '90s. The set originated as one of those combined newsroom/desk areas when it debuted in the early 1990s, shortly after the call sign change to KFOR. The newsroom has been modified a few times since then (repaintings, updates of the logos near the assignment desk and the conference rooms, etc.). The current background was added in 2006, with the duratrans being revised this spring. The weather center was also updated, I think, in 2001-02 and again a few years later.

The only way KFOR is getting a new set is when the new studio facility they were supposed to be building next door to the current building is completed. Although, I've never heard anything about whether they've even broke ground on that facility.

That's what I'm wondering too I haven't heard a single thing about it ever since they made the announcement last year I wonder if they decided to abandon it or not?

KSHB has hired Nicole Phillips from WETM-TV as their 5th meteorologist. It looks like she'll be joining them on their morning and midday shows. I also can't recall the last time KSHB has had a black meteorologist in the past at least 15 years.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=770807886378645

For that matter how often have they had 5?

well this will only be their second time around at having 5. the first was a couple of years ago with Michelle Apon, but she left after a year and they just now got around to replacing her

I'm surprised KSHB has 5 even up here in Detroit none of our stations have ever gone above 4...