Out & About

TexasTVNews

... and the Local branding been a Post News-week/Graham branding except WJXT & KSAT.

Don't forget WDIV, which still uses the Local brand as well as WPLG.

WJXT uses "The Local Station" while KSAT 12, like KPRC 2, doesn't have the word "Local" anywhere, anymore.

Why can't they just call it "WKMG Channel 6 News", "CBS 6 News" or "WKMG NewsChannel 6"

I like Channel 6 News, WKMG News & 6 News that me, but I really don't see anything wrong with (Local 6 News) branding I like it. They've used Channel 6 News, WKMG News prior. Please no to CBS 6 News...Too many stations use the network affiliation/channel # news...their no identity with the generic branding. IMO that the worse branding names.

"News 6" is still better than the "Local (channel #) News" branding all of the other post-newsweek stations use

I like Local branding because it different and Post/Graham came up with something different vs the usual branding names. Ok drop the Local 6 News branding and just go with 6 News instead or WKMG 6 News. 6 News sounds better than News 6...that just me.

As long as there's some kind of brand improvement that comes with it (however major [graphics and music improvement] or minor [slightly modified logo]), all for it. It's not like they could do much worse. Remember THE 6:00 News?

On another note...

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2015/08/channel_19_taking_its_news_operation_in_a_new_direction.html

Cleveland 19 News is go. Monday at noon.

The $1,000,000 question. Will they finally use their 19 station logo, or keep their blah 19 news logo?

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2015/08/channel_19_taking_its_news_operation_in_a_new_direction.html

Cleveland 19 News is go. Monday at noon.

The $1,000,000 question. Will they finally use their 19 station logo, or keep their blah 19 news logo?

Cleveland 19 and CLE 43?!? I'm glad that WUAB is moving away from the "my43" branding but this branding is bringing me flashbacks of the "Hometeam" era.

As long as there's some kind of brand improvement that comes with it (however major [graphics and music improvement] or minor [slightly modified logo]), all for it. It's not like they could do much worse. Remember THE 6:00 News?

I strongly do. I remember watching it a few times. That was when WKMG dropped the 4, 5 and 5:30 in 2009 to deliver an hour-long 6pm newscast. Now it seems like its reversed, plus an additional newscast at 7pm because WKMG already brought back the 5 and 5:30 and soon, they'll be bringing back the 4pm again.

Consider this The Curious Chase of Chase Cain. A little over four weeks after joining WISN as its new morning anchor, Cain has mysteriously and abruptly left the station.

http://www.duanedudek.com/blog/2015/08/20/the-mystery-of-wisn-morning-anchor-chase-cain/

Either he missed the southern part of the country deeply and got homesick (judging from his past work that's where he's usually been), or he did something so egregious or went too against-the-grain for them that WISN let him go, and they were easy on Dan Needles when he had his legal issues a couple years back. Right now I'm watching the morning show and because he's gone and Melinda Davenport's on vacation, morning anchor Thema Ponton is basically running the show alone with 'breaking news' guy Tim Elliott, along with weekend meteorologist Jeremy Nelson and it's being run like it's a weekend edition, along with a blank rejoin with no personnel call-outs.

He really didn't have much beyond 'social guy' though coming into the market; outside of that cred it was a hire for WISN that just really didn't pan out.

SD Trolley TV

Eds: At noon MONDAY, 12th and Imperial Transit Center, 1255 Imperial

Ave. Rob Schupp of the MTS can be reached at (619) 557-

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - The Metropolitan Transit System in San Diego is

scheduled Monday to launch a pilot video-on-demand service on Green Line

trolleys.

Passengers on the line, which runs from downtown to Old Town then east

through Mission Valley to El Cajon and Santee, will be able to watch movies,

television shows, cartoons, action sports, Hollywood updates and other

entertainment for free, according to the MTS.

The MTS-TV service will be available for smartphones, laptops and tablets.

Riders on the Blue and Orange lines will be able to use MTS-TV by the

end of the month, the MTS said.

CNS-08-21-2015 12:47

So what local station will be the local "News Partner"???

I can't wait!

Guest Former Member 207

SD Trolley TV

Eds: At noon MONDAY, 12th and Imperial Transit Center, 1255 Imperial

Ave. Rob Schupp of the MTS can be reached at (619) 557-

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - The Metropolitan Transit System in San Diego is

scheduled Monday to launch a pilot video-on-demand service on Green Line

trolleys.

Passengers on the line, which runs from downtown to Old Town then east

through Mission Valley to El Cajon and Santee, will be able to watch movies,

television shows, cartoons, action sports, Hollywood updates and other

entertainment for free, according to the MTS.

The MTS-TV service will be available for smartphones, laptops and tablets.

Riders on the Blue and Orange lines will be able to use MTS-TV by the

end of the month, the MTS said.

CNS-08-21-2015 12:47

So what local station will be the local "News Partner"???

I can't wait!

Sounds similar to the Los Angeles Metro bus system did for many years up until about a couple of years ago...most buses had "Transit TV", which had its own original content (quizzes, PSAs, health and money tips, viral videos), plus content from NBC (local news from KNBC and KVEA, and various video clips from NBC, Telemundo, and other NBCU properties). Even though I could ever rarely hear whatever was displayed on the monitors, it at least would sometimes make an otherwise mundane, crowded bus ride a bit more interesting.

As far as a guess for a local news partner for San Diego MTS, I think that KNSD would be a good content partner, especially given KNSD (using the L.A. Metro/Transit TV-NBCU partnership example above), has other content within the NBCU family to draw from, unlike the other local stations in town and their parent companies (maybe KSWB and Tribune is the only possible exception I could think of).

CBS6 dedicated their newsroom today in honor of Stephanie Rochon. Watched some of the ceremony online, she would be proud.

I watched it before I went to work this afternoon. Here is video of the ceremony from WTVR.com...

http://wtvr.com/2015/08/21/watch-live-ceremony-dedicates-wtvr-newsroom-to-longtime-anchor-stephanie-rochon/

Sounds similar to the Los Angeles Metro bus system did for many years up until about a couple of years ago...most buses had "Transit TV", which had its own original content (quizzes, PSAs, health and money tips, viral videos), plus content from NBC (local news from KNBC and KVEA, and various video clips from NBC, Telemundo, and other NBCU properties). Even though I could ever rarely hear whatever was displayed on the monitors, it at least would sometimes make an otherwise mundane, crowded bus ride a bit more interesting.

The Transit TV was tried on the North County Transit system also. The funniest thing was the electronic "stop announcer" that had big problems "saying" Spanish street names properly. Kinda likw a messed up GPS voice.

As far as a guess for a local news partner for San Diego MTS, I think that KNSD would be a good content partner, especially given KNSD (using the L.A. Metro/Transit TV-NBCU partnership example above), has other content within the NBCU family to draw from, unlike the other local stations in town and their parent companies (maybe KSWB and Tribune is the only possible exception I could think of).

I'd like to see DART try the "Transit TV" with original content plus content from NBC (with local news from KXAS and KXTX, and clips from NBC and Telemundo, among other NBCU properties). BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, not Bart Simpson) should try it out too (also with content from NBC, via KNTV and KSTS).

I'd like to see DART try the "Transit TV" with original content plus content from NBC (with local news from KXAS and KXTX, and clips from NBC and Telemundo, among other NBCU properties). BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, not Bart Simpson) should try it out too (also with content from NBC, via KNTV and KSTS).

I found the content fine. The execution of the testing was what sucked. In that case the volume and operation was controled by the driver(understandable) for safety reasons.

We won't know until Monday during the MTS rollout how the new system will operate, but they will want to avoid the "Jailhouse" TV problems when the English speakers and Non- English speakers duke it out in the isles over what telenovella to watch.

Blair Miller, lead anchor at WSOC, is headed to WFXT

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/media-scene-blog/article31791318.html

Seems like alot of talent are leaving the Channel 9 Natalie, Blair, and others as well. Blair staying with Cox though. WSOC & WFTV are both ABC affiliates, with the same owner and the #1 status in ratings. However WSOC doesn't seem to have a strong bench of talent like WFTV. I wonder will WSOC get some young hires that will stay with the station for years to come.

I'm glad that they've based the new logo off of the non-news 19, but those colors look bad. I know they're trying to move away from the "Action News" era as much as possible, but at least come up with a more dignified logo.

As far as WUAB, that logo kind looks more like one for a streaming site than a TV station.

Seems like alot of talent are leaving the Channel 9 Natalie, Blair, and others as well. Blair staying with Cox though. WSOC & WFTV are both ABC affiliates, with the same owner and the #1 status in ratings. However WSOC doesn't seem to have a strong bench of talent like WFTV. I wonder will WSOC get some young hires that will stay with the station for years to come.

You have to wonder if/when the turnover will catch up to them?

WBTV has to be licking its chops.

• Like 1

I'm glad that they've based the new logo off of the non-news 19, but those colors look bad. I know they're trying to move away from the "Action News" era as much as possible, but at least come up with a more dignified logo.

As far as WUAB, that logo kind looks more like one for a streaming site than a TV station.

I like the 19 logo but the red/black/white was more of attention grabber than the yellow and blue which seems to be more calmer and relaxing.

At least WOIO and WUAB aren't sharing the same logos (ie, "Hometeam 19" and "Hometeam 43").

Over/under on WOIO morphing from "Cleveland 19 News" to "CBS 19 News?" I say six months.

• Like 1

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic