Out & About

TexasTVNews

Former FOX-6 San Diego Anchor Lynda Martin spotted co-anchoring on KFMB's /CBS 8 morning show this morning. Most likely fill-in since it's that time of the year.

She's been doing some radio work over at 760AM, so she literally just had to walk down the hall to the tv side to fill in.

Judging by her most recent posts on Twitter, it looks like morning meteorologist Natasha Stenbock will not be returning to KFMB after recently giving birth to twins. Kimi Evans has been filling in and will probably get to keep the spot full-time now.

Not surprising. They were playing up Kimi's arrival a little too much and had promos of her within the first week. I'm guessing that they held off on Natasha's departure due to her maternity/disability leave and to not scare off the viewers since they've been doing fairly well in the mornings.

Natasha is in a better place now.

She will always be welcomed back for vacation fill-in.

Kimi Evans was hired from day 1 as perm.

"Natasha coming back" was the worst kept secret in recent local TV history.

5 screaming kids beats the hell out of a TV newsroom in 2015.

Jennie Stencel, the stand-up comedian KENS hired last year to do the traffic report is leaving the station already and headed back to North Carolina where her husband and kids still reside. I was never a fan of her so glad to hear this news. Kinda sad their newbie ND took the easy way out and wouldn't even wish her the best in her future endeavors. Did she really leave the station on good terms like she said?

Or maybe's he just new and not used to doing media interviews. Kinda soured my taste about him. Anyways, I guess they got tired of going through so many traffic reporters over the last ten years (Megan Alexander, Kellie Patterson, Natalie Tejeda, Danielle Saar and now Jennie Stencel) that they just decided to go with Stacia Willson who has been a mainstay at the station for about as long.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2015/08/kens-tvs-comedic-traffic-reporter-leaves-job-and-s-a/#33778101=0

Former WKYC chief meteorologist/morning anchor Mark Nolan is joining WOIO as their 4pm and 6pm anchor. Denise Dufala is remaining at 11pm and probably is being assigned to the other early-evening newscast blocks.

This as WOIO's rebrand as "Cleveland 19" is imminent.

Nolan will remain as the morning host at WMJI "Majic 105.7," a role he's held since shock jock mega-icon John Lanigan retired last April.

Former WKYC chief meteorologist/morning anchor Mark Nolan is joining WOIO as their 4pm and 6pm anchor. Denise Dufala is remaining at 11pm and probably is being assigned to the other early-evening newscast blocks.

Nolan will remain as the morning host at WMJI "Majic 105.7," a role he's held since shock jock mega-icon John Lanigan retired last April.

I wonder what happens to David Wittman. Will he anchor the 5pm and 10pm still? Also, I'm assuming Romona Robinson will be unchanged in her time slots.

I wonder what happens to David Wittman. Will he anchor the 5pm and 10pm still? Also, I'm assuming Romona Robinson will be unchanged in her time slots.

I thought it was great to have Robinson and Dufala on the 6/11 news. One could wonder if Wittman and Dufala would anchor 5/10pm news? Again there probably no need for Nolan on the newscast just use Wittman/Robinson/Dufala on CBS 19 & have Tucker and Wittman on the 10pm on WUAB.

KSHB has hired Richard Sharp from, what appears to be, KCRA in Sacramento. This is surprising, primarily because of his age. He started his career back in 1997 at the station and was at KCRA for the last approximately 11 years. KSHB, and frankly the rest of the Kansas City stations, have been hiring younger and younger, so to see them pick up someone so "old" is different. Additionally, I would think he could find a better job than a weekend morning anchor gig in KC.

WBAL-TV's weekday morning meteorologist Ava Marie had her baby on Thursday. Miri Marshall WBAL's weekend morning and noon on weekday is pregnant as well. Something must be in the water in the weather center.

[yt]5bphhNN88JQ[/yt]

I thought it was great to have Robinson and Dufala on the 6/11 news. One could wonder if Wittman and Dufala would anchor 5/10pm news? Again there probably no need for Nolan on the newscast just use Wittman/Robinson/Dufala on CBS 19 & have Tucker and Wittman on the 10pm on WUAB.

They are keeping the Dufala/Robinson pairing on the 11pm newscasts. Assuming that Tiffany Tucker and Whitman are staying in place, I believe this will be the anchor rotation:

4pm: Nolan/Robinson

4:30pm: Tucker

5pm: Whitman/Dufala

5:30pm: Tucker

6pm: Nolan/Robinson

10pm: Whitman/Tucker

11pm: Dufala/Robinson

WGN-TV is adding a 10:00 p.m. newscast this October. I don't think WGN has run news in that time slot since the 1980s.

prior to March 1980, when WGN had a 10:00 p.m. newscast called Nightbeat (it was on at 12 Midnight, but then moved to 10:00 p.m. later) and also had John Drury and Newsnine.

The complete and full story is on my Changing Newscasts Blog (@ChangeNewsBlog | #ChangingNewscasts)

WGN-TV is adding a 10:00 p.m. newscast this October. I don't think WGN has run news in that time slot since the 1980s.

WGN want's it's cut of the estimated 15 billion in campaign spending in this election cycle. Stations are adding 4pm,7pm and 10pm shows all over the country.

Who cares about ratings since stations are pretty much required to accept the ads.

Sources have told ftvlive.com that WKMG will replace the branding name of Local 6 News to News 6 and will move traffic reporter Julie Broughton to the new 4pm news. WESH, WKMG and WFTV will all compete at the 4pm hour of local news and the Local branding been a Post News-week/Graham branding except WJXT & KSAT.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/8/19/shaking-it-up-in-o-town

Sources have told ftvlive.com that WKMG will replace the branding name of Local 6 News to News 6 and will move traffic reporter Julie Broughton to the new 4pm news. WESH, WKMG and WFTV will all compete at the 4pm hour of local news and the Local branding been a Post News-week/Graham branding except WJXT & KSAT.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/8/19/shaking-it-up-in-o-town

Why can't they just call it "WKMG Channel 6 News", "CBS 6 News" or "WKMG NewsChannel 6"

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic