Out & About

TexasTVNews

She's actually done pretty well at the desk. She was not given too much of a chance to fill in, but i'm sure she will improve the more she anchors.

Speaking of KGTV, have they branded themselves fully as ABC 10 News now?

The only thing I have noticed is reporter Marie Coronel has discovered false eyelashes. She look like she is about to fly away.

The branding in the 11am show seems the same as usual. No different sig-outs or changes in the normal scripting.

The only thing I have noticed is reporter Marie Coronel has discovered false eyelashes. She look like she is about to fly away.

The branding in the 11am show seems the same as usual. No different sig-outs or changes in the normal scripting.

The reason I brought it up was because they aired an ESPY promo with Steve Atkinson, and he said to watch his reports on ABC 10 news. Also, the 11am teaser during The View, had ABC 10 News on the L3.

A couple of new faces at WHBQ in Memphis:

- Jim Spiewak is the station's new Chief Investigative Reporter. He previously worked at WBBH-TV in Fort Myers, FL.

- Brittani Dubose was recently hired as the new weekend meteorologist (replacing Wendy Nations, who left the station as of July 3rd to pursue other opportunities). Dubose recently worked at WCTV in Tallahassee, FL.

In my opinion, Brittani Dubose is a rising star. She reminds me of a young Janice Huff.

The reason I brought it up was because they aired an ESPY promo with Steve Atkinson, and he said to watch his reports on ABC 10 news. Also, the 11am teaser during The View, had ABC 10 News on the L3.

Yeah...

So far nothing unusual 20mins into the 11am show.... but they may be starting with the imaging first and working the way down to the news stuff.

Jaclyn Kelley is joining WEAR-TV to be the new weeknight anchor at the Pensacola ABC Affiliate. Kelley is a reporter at WWL-TV/New Orleans.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/new-orleans-reporter-to-anchor-in-florida/151887

Natasha Zouves is joining the San Francisco ABC O&O KGO-TV as weekday reporter and weekend anchor. Zouves works at KGTV as reporter.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/san-diego-anchor-heads-north/151855

She's actually done pretty well at the desk.

Yes, when she reads from a script or prompter, Natasha has done a decent job. When she has to report from the field or the traffic/breaking news adlib she is not strong at all.

Yes, when she reads from a script or prompter, Natasha has done a decent job. When she has to report from the field or the traffic/breaking news adlib she is not strong at all.

You could say that about half the anchors in San Diego. One can understand if Zouves is not as strong with the adlibing or handling breaking news situations, but she will eventually need to step it up. What excuse do the other market veterans have? If you hear Kushi, Hunt, Soderman, Maas, Denton, Foo, or Erica Fox during breaking news, or go off script then you know you're in for a several minutes of cringe-worthy moments.

You could say that about half the anchors in San Diego. One can understand if Zouves is not as strong with the adlibing or handling breaking news situations, but she will eventually need to step it up. What excuse do the other market veterans have? If you hear Kushi, Hunt, Soderman, Maas, Denton, Foo, or Erica Fox during breaking news, or go off script then you know you're in for a several minutes of cringe-worthy moments.

I agree, was only focusing on Natasha since the topic was about her. It also seems that most of these people who have a degree in journalism/communication have forgotton what they were taught in 5th grade English.

I don't think they want to spend the money... They certainly could but it's all pretty entrenched with the 3 we have.

I think CBS has enough money to spend to make a full time news department for WWJ. Besides even WJZ (the smallest CBS O&O by market size) has a full-time news department and I bet CBS News has a bureau in Detroit.

I think CBS has enough money to spend to make a full time news department for WWJ. Besides even WJZ (the smallest CBS O&O by market size) has a full-time news department and I bet CBS News has a bureau in Detroit.

No bureau here that I know of... JBK, XYZ and DIV are all so established that trying would be very very hard... 62 is pretty darn low rated anyways...

No bureau here that I know of... JBK, XYZ and DIV are all so established that trying would be very very hard... 62 pretty darn low rated anyways...

I still think it's a good idea for CBS to invest in a full-time news department for CBS 62. In fact it might actually raise 62's ratings.

Guest Former Member 207

With CBS being in cost-cutting mode as of late, I don't see them investing in a TV news department for WWJ/WKBD anytime soon.

Then what's the point of keeping WWJ if they aren't going to invest in a news department for it?

Maybe because CBS is stuck with it since the only reason they bought 62 was to keep CBS in Metro Detroit. They actually tried to have a limited news presence on WWJ with First Forecast Mornings and it didn't work well at all because few people watch CBS in the morning to begin with. I'm kind of surprised that Sinclair or Nexstar hasn't tried to take the WKBD/WWJ duo and maybe run it similar to a CW/MNT duopoly.

Why can't CBS sell WWJ/WKBD to another broadcast group? That's the one question everyone's want to know. But, in my opinion; I would wish to see CBS

return to WJBK, however 'JBK is stuck like glue with FOX. But I was thinking maybe; just maybe CBS could work on either WPXD 31 or on WADL 38. My two cents.

Why can't CBS sell WWJ/WKBD to another broadcast group? That's the one question everyone's want to know. But, in my opinion; I would wish to see CBS

return to WJBK, however 'JBK is stuck like glue with FOX. But I was thinking maybe; just maybe CBS could work on either WPXD 31 or on WADL 38. My two cents.

38 is gonna be shut down in the auction -- that's the plan anyway. 31 is licensed to Ann Arbor so that would be odd. I would suggest just getting cable placement as say 5 or something and calling themselves CBS 5.

I agree. I wish CBS could return to WJBK. FOX ideally would end up on WMYD (or WKBD), CW remaining on WKBD (or moving to WMYD), and MNTV on WWJ. In the extremely slim possibility something like this happened, FOX would want to own the FOX affiliate and likely the MNTV affiliate. Only way I see it possibly happening is if FOX somehow benefits somewhere else (like getting KSTW-11 in Seattle).

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic