Out & About

TexasTVNews

Ruth Spencer is retiring in December after 25 years at WDIV in Detroit. She is anchor of their "First At 4" newscast and the 530pm newscast and does a consumer segment called "Ruth To The Rescue".

http://www.clickondetroit.com/wdiv-anchor-ruth-spencer-to-retire-at-end-of-2015/34056520?utm_source=twitter

Love Ruth just read she's retiring. Congrats to her, you think Karen Drew will get her job?

I hope its Kimberly but who knows? (I hope you all know she's one of my favorite anchors).

She's good and she gets the majority of the main fill in duties for Carmen Harlan and street reports the 11 so she's probably least likely but I thought I'd toss her in there too. There aren't a ton of women at WDIV that could take over. The only other option I didn't mention is Sandra Ali... But that's extremely doubtful. Too bad we have to wait several months to find out.

Quick notes to inform you, Just yesterday KTVT CBS 11 tweak their logo from silver to gold.

10479566_848922385192248_3448815033912274809_n.jpg?oh=be0e2795e52eaaa3111f02d878b23c26&oe=561A16B7

WBZ also made the switch on Monday. Wonder if it's a mandate.

I don't dislike the look entirely, but it does make BZ's logo look even clunkier than it did before. They should just go with the CBS4 logo and continue calling themselves WBZ news. It's been eight years since they rebranded, people get the message by now I think.

WJZY Adds Two and Moves One

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wjzy-adds-two-and-moves-one/151639

WJZY-moves.jpg

There's more changes in Charlotte, this time at WJZY FOX46. Will moving their main anchor Barbara Lash to mornings and bringing in a young reporter from Houston as her replacement help them?

Main anchor Barbara Lash (center) is being moved to the mornings.

Kayla Ayres (right) is being hired from KPRC Houston to replace her as main anchor

And the one on the far left, Ashlee McGeehan, is being hired as a reporter from WJET Erie

Stay tuned as they say...

WJZY Adds Two and Moves One

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wjzy-adds-two-and-moves-one/151639

WJZY-moves.jpg

There's more changes in Charlotte, this time at WJZY FOX46. Will moving their main anchor Barbara Lash to mornings and bringing in a young reporter from Houston as her replacement help them?

Main anchor Barbara Lash (center) is being moved to the mornings.

Kayla Ayres (right) is being hired from KPRC Houston to replace her as main anchor

And the one on the far left, Ashlee McGeehan, is being hired as a reporter from WJET Erie

Stay tuned as they say...

Not a terrible move. Barbara Lash (nee Pinson) used to be an AM anchor at WBTV a few years back. The morning ratings could use anything they can to get improved ratings, and I don't think the 10pm ratings will suffer unless Ayres has issues. I just really don't see them ever making a dent in the ratings unless they either get a big local name or they have some outrageous publicity stunt. I'm bearish on Charlotte being able to support 6 TV news organizations.

Smith had been in the news business in Memphis for a long time, going as far back as when he was a sports anchor at WREG. His stories and reflections on things have always been blunt and to the point. Godspeed to Mr. Smith as he enjoys his new life in Belize.

Not a terrible move. Barbara Lash (nee Pinson) used to be an AM anchor at WBTV a few years back. The morning ratings could use anything they can to get improved ratings, and I don't think the 10pm ratings will suffer unless Ayres has issues. I just really don't see them ever making a dent in the ratings unless they either get a big local name or they have some outrageous publicity stunt. I'm bearish on Charlotte being able to support 6 TV news organizations.

Just 5 news organizations (WBTV, WSOC, WCNC, WCCB and WJZY) but on 6 commercial stations, 7 if you count the WBTV news from 7-9 am and 8-9 pm on Bounce 3.2. I agree, it's a bit much. But WCCB wasn't giving up on its news just because they lost the Fox affiliation.

Just 5 news organizations (WBTV, WSOC, WCNC, WCCB and WJZY) but on 6 commercial stations, 7 if you count the WBTV news from 7-9 am and 8-9 pm on Bounce 3.2. I agree, it's a bit much. But WCCB wasn't giving up on its news just because they lost the Fox affiliation.

I think he's counting Time Warner Cable News.

So its 5 organizations, 6 stations if you count TWC News North Carolina, 7 for WBTV News on Bounce TV, 8 for WSOC's Eyewitness News on WAXN.

That's as equal as the amount of local news organizations we have here in South Florida (WFOR, WTVJ, WSVN, WPLG, WGEN, WLTV/WAMI, WJAN/WFUN, WSCV)

11390222_830345117057911_5671245533322078999_n.jpg?oh=87f0d07dca7f71c236f4f328a40197a9&oe=5621A368

We have the official launch date coming from WEVV CBS (44.1) & FOX (44.2), 44News will be on the air Monday, August 3rd.

https://www.facebook.com/44NewsEvansville

I guess the station never confirmed my report, but that's what happens. I reported this for a week now and its now confirmed. I'm so good at this.

A journalistic victory for my "Changing Newscasts Blog."

11390222_830345117057911_5671245533322078999_n.jpg?oh=87f0d07dca7f71c236f4f328a40197a9&oe=5621A368

We have the official launch date coming from WEVV CBS (44.1) & FOX (44.2), 44News will be on the air Monday, August 3rd.

https://www.facebook.com/44NewsEvansville

They'll be using the KYW HotHaus package from the looks of it, and in their videos I hear Indie-Band News by Stephen Arnold.

I don't like the font they use for "News"

It looks like they couldn't replicate their first choice so they went with Avenir because it's installed on every Mac.

I don't like the flares and Myriad look. It just...no. But the background, logo and 44 look great.

A couple of new faces at WHBQ in Memphis:

- Jim Spiewak is the station's new Chief Investigative Reporter. He previously worked at WBBH-TV in Fort Myers, FL.

- Brittani Dubose was recently hired as the new weekend meteorologist (replacing Wendy Nations, who left the station as of July 3rd to pursue other opportunities). Dubose recently worked at WCTV in Tallahassee, FL.

KGTV traffic reporter Natasha Zouves heading to KGO as weekend anchor.

This according to Rich Lieberman 415 media.

I personally think she is very green and the KGO staff will eat her up, and spit her out.

Time for Scripps to send out another Zonie.

KGTV traffic reporter Natasha Zouves heading to KGO as weekend anchor.

This according to Rich Lieberman 415 media.

I personally think she is very green and the KGO staff will eat her up, and spit her out.

Time for Scripps to send out another Zonie.

She's actually done pretty well at the desk. She was not given too much of a chance to fill in, but i'm sure she will improve the more she anchors.

Speaking of KGTV, have they branded themselves fully as ABC 10 News now?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic