Out & About

TexasTVNews

San Diego Union Tribune is reporting the reason Pat Brown left KGTV ABC-10 San Diego.

"Although sad to leave, Brown explained that the station was proposing a change in her employment terms that would have increased her duties while reducing important benefits."

Pat goes on to say she is staying in San Diego and hope to be back on the air.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun/08/toni-atkins-belly-assembly-pat-brown-kgtv-weather/

Will Leon Harris be doing what Jeff Barnd did? Becoming a national reporter for the Sinclair chain? Let face it you can't get older at this company because for some reason they seem not to care for someone who gets 50+ who on camera. I don't know why, because David Smith like 60, and he no spring chicken.

Another theory:

Will Jonathan Elias anchor 4,6pm and Leon handle the 5 & 11pm shows?

According to Jonathan's twitter, his debut was yesterday on WJLA. Did anyone catch in what capacity?

San Diego Union Tribune is reporting the reason Pat Brown left KGTV ABC-10 San Diego.

"Although sad to leave, Brown explained that the station was proposing a change in her employment terms that would have increased her duties while reducing important benefits."

Pat goes on to say she is staying in San Diego and hope to be back on the air.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun/08/toni-atkins-belly-assembly-pat-brown-kgtv-weather/

On her Facebook page, many are blaming Disney/ABC for the move, not understanding that they don't own the station...

On her Facebook page, many are blaming Disney/ABC for the move, not understanding that they don't own the station...

Is KGTV one of those stations that mention Scripps often and has the logo on the set and stuff? If they don't that would explain it. The stations that don't do that behave like ABC is the mothership. That's how we do it anyways... You can't tell Scripps owns it except for the copyrights. They even stopped using the slates.

Wonderful recognition of ownership going on there in San Diego.

Is KGTV one of those stations that mention Scripps often and has the logo on the set and stuff?

They are actually: they mention they're broadcasting "from the Scripps studios" in the Inergy intro and there's a giant Scripps logo on the set. Apparently the Scripps name has a lot of pull in San Diego.

They are actually: they mention they're broadcasting "from the Scripps studios" in the Inergy intro and there's a giant Scripps logo on the set. Apparently the Scripps name has a lot of pull in San Diego.

Must be oblivious people watching then. All the Scripps logos and studios and stuff is foreign to me. It's like those other stations are from some other company. Interesting.

Scripps in San Diego is about medicine and old philanthropy. Nobody coos when people mention Scripps and KGTV.

10-news never even adds a disclaimer when doing Scripps stories because the separation is so great.

Scripps medicine= yummmmmm

Scripps KGTV-10=Ugggggggggg

Scripps in San Diego is about medicine and old philanthropy. Nobody coos when people mention Scripps and KGTV.

10-news never even adds a disclaimer when doing Scripps stories because the separation is so great.

Scripps medicine= yummmmmm

Scripps KGTV-10=Ugggggggggg

How do you reconcile "The Scripps Studios" and a big lighthouse on the wall with "great seperation"?

KGO AM-810 News Director Deb Monroe leaving the radio station to become ND at KION CBS 46 in Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz.

After the destruction of KGO radio....some would say Monroe is actually moving up.

Normally WBAL kind of makes sure one of their now "flagship" anchors is in when the other is off but today Donna Hamilton and Stan Stovall were out. They had Kate Amara (who normally fills in for the one of the anchors) and Jason Newton do a swing shift anchoring the 5&6PM shows.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I wonder if now that Stan Stovall has taken over the 6PM (unofficially - no announcements yet) if they're considering giving in the 5PM show to Jason and having him do a swing shift like Stan did for many years. I believe Stan did the AM shows and the 5 PM shows for about nine years.

Seems like WBAL is still trying to work out combinations for their newscasts. Today at 5 it was Stan and Donna, at 6 it's Stan and Kate and at 11 looks like it will be Stan and Donna.

I only mention this because WBAL's doesn't always mention talent moves unless someone's coming in. At the beginning of the fall season last year they added Lisa Robinson to anchor the noon news with Sarah Caldwell. They then moved Deborah Weiner from weekend evenings to weekend mornings filling the spot Lisa left. Finally they upped Kai Reed as anchor for the weekend evening newscasts. They didn't make a mention of it on air until a week or two after they took effect. I thought they were filling in until I stumbled onto their biographies.

Some additions (and subtractions) in the Mobile/Pensacola market...

WKRG has hired a fourth meteorologist, Melissa Constanzer, from WJFW in Rhinelander, WI. Presumably this is the first step of their long-rumored expansion into weekend morning news.

Also, WALA has hired Lee Peck from KPLC in Lake Charles as a reporter/anchor...

http://flnewscenter.com/?p=9521

Meanwhile, over at WPMI, chief meteorologist Derek Beasley is leaving the station in August...

http://lagniappemobile.com/alabama-media-group-nola-merge-mathews-back-bama/

Also in recent weeks, WPMI has discontinued their 4:30am newscast, leaving sister station WEAR and WALA as the only stations in Mobile/Pensacola to start at that time.

Something looks different about KSWB's L3 graphics today. Anybody else notice a difference?

I noticed that the Live bug font was boldened, and the L3's colors look a bit lighter/brighter. IDK if they're in house modifications or not, but the L3's look very fuzzy.

KTLA just announced that starting July 5th, they will be expanding their weekend morning news by 1 hour to 10am, Sunday's only. It will now run 6 - 10 am on Sunday. Saturday will be 6 - 9 am

WKRG has hired a fourth meteorologist, Melissa Constanzer, from WJFW in Rhinelander, WI. Presumably this is the first step of their long-rumored expansion into weekend morning news.

...and to my surprise, the weekend newscasts started TODAY!

It runs an hour on Saturday at 5am and 6-8am on Sunday. A long overdue move in Mobile since the only other option was WEAR's hour long show on Saturday and Sunday at 6am.

Curtis Jackson has joined WXYZ as a Reporter/Anchor. He came from WKRC in Cinncinati where he anchored their 530pm and 10pm shows until last year.

I wondering what newscast he will anchor? They've been shuffling anchors over there at broadcast house. Jeff doing morning news which seems to fit him. JoAnne doing Noon and Carolyn and Glenda are doing 5pm. I'm so not a fan of Stephen...They need Guy Gordon back 6/11 on 7.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic