Out & About

TexasTVNews

Maybe CBS is pushing him out at channel 6 just like they did with Joe Rose? I don't think it's a surprise, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Could it be they want someone (in this case Jawan) with more news anchoring experience anchoring the evening newscasts? Adam used to be a sports anchor/reporter but then transitioned to news anchor a few years ago. I read somewhere where Adam was supposed to anchor the mornings but they put him on evenings instead.

Could it be they want someone (in this case Jawan) with more news anchoring experience anchoring the evening newscasts? Adam used to be a sports anchor/reporter but then transitioned to news anchor a few years ago. I read somewhere where Adam was supposed to anchor the mornings but they put him on evenings instead.

I think you're right but like I said CBS owns both WQAM (where he has a midday show) and WFOR and I wouldn't want to think they want him on their competition.

So maybe he was already going to leave anyways and they felt that Jawan is the best person to move in that slot. I also wonder if they would move Keith Jones back to mornings.

Channel 6 = WTVJ = NBC

Channel 4 = WFOR = CBS

I think you got a little confused.

No. He means that CBS may be the reason that Adam Kup is being pushed out since Adam Kup hosts an afternoon show on 560 WQAM and that radio station is owned by CBS. Nothing confusing about affiliations but CBS may be behind all of this, unless if 'TVJ decides to keep the Kup.

I think you're right but like I said CBS owns both WQAM (where he has a midday show) and WFOR and I wouldn't want to think they want him on their competition.

So maybe he was already going to leave anyways and they felt that Jawan is the best person to move in that slot. I also wonder if they would move Keith Jones back to mornings.

Same with above post. I think you're confused with affiliations.

From reading the article it sounds as though WTVJ wants to hire someone new to replace Jawan in the mornings. Not move a current employee from weekends to weekdays. Keith Jones was originally hired to do the weekday mornings and Jawan was originally hired to do weekend evenings, but it was very short lived as they felt Jawan was better suited for weekday mornings and Keith would be better on weekends.

Channel 6 = WTVJ = NBC

Channel 4 = WFOR = CBS

I think you got a little confused.

No I'm not confused. Remember Adam Kuperstein does an afternoon show on 560 WQAM, which is owned by CBS. CBS owns channel 4. NBC owns channel 6. CBS competes against NBC. Do you really think CBS wants an employee of WQAM to also work at their competitor? Read between the lines.

I believe Joe Rose also got pushed out for the same reason. CBS doesn't want him as the main morning guy on WQAM and then doing sports on WTVJ, when they can use him on their own property (WFOR), which I read here is exactly what they're doing.

No I'm not confused. Remember Adam Kuperstein does an afternoon show on 560 WQAM, which is owned by CBS. CBS owns channel 4. NBC owns channel 6. CBS competes against NBC. Do you really think CBS wants an employee of WQAM to also work at their competitor? Read between the lines.

I believe Joe Rose also got pushed out for the same reason. CBS doesn't want him as the main morning guy on WQAM and then doing sports on WTVJ, when they can use him on their own property (WFOR), which I read here is exactly what they're doing.

This has nothing to do with radio it's moving current WTVJ morning anchor Jawan Strader to evenings, hiring someone to replace Jawan in the mornings and booting Adam from the anchor chair. Current WTVJ profiles for Adam & Jawan:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/on-air/about-us/121508714.html Adam

http://www.nbcmiami.com/on-air/about-us/Jawan-Strader-190435001.html Jawan

This has nothing to do with radio it's moving current WTVJ morning anchor Jawan Strader to evenings, hiring someone to replace Jawan in the mornings and booting Adam from the anchor chair. Current WTVJ profiles for Adam & Jawan:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/on-air/about-us/121508714.html Adam

http://www.nbcmiami.com/on-air/about-us/Jawan-Strader-190435001.html Jawan

:rolleyes:

*sighs* I give up...

:rolleyes:

*sighs* I give up...

You said, "Maybe CBS is pushing him out at Channel 6 ...". Maybe a bad choice of wording? No mention of radio in that post, and the way it was worded seemed as if you were saying CBS was his television employer. I understand what you were trying to say after you explained in a later post. Nonetheless, the article seems to be driven by WTVJ wanting to change direction, not by CBS (Radio) wanting their employees to choose one side or the other. Besides, if I were Adam, I would dump the radio bit and keep the lead TV NEWS anchor bit.

Perhaps Adam and Jawan will split evenings? They already have Trina and Jackie, so they might pair them off.

SoFlo sources tell FTVLive that WTVJ is about to shake things up in the newsroom.

The NBC O&O is looking to lift their sagging ratings and feel some changes are needed.

Word is that Jawan Strader, who has been anchoring mornings at WTVJ, is headed to the evening anchor chair.

The station will team a new Anchor with Pam Giganti on on mornings.

FTVLive hears that other talent will be shifted around to try and improve the numbers. Word is that several producers are being shuffled around as well to try to breathe new life into the shows.

The changes all come as the staton continues to struggle in the evenings and at 11pm in the ratings.

Stay tuned and remember where you read it first.

This from the article I posted earlier.

Well I think when they put Adam Kuperstein in evenings it was more of a oh bleep emergency move. Granted he is a decent anchor, and also he is cheap (compared to Jackie at least).

I don't think his deal with WQAM would prevent him in being anchor (although it is CBS Radio now owning it).

Adam Kuperstein's gigs:

• NBC 6 Main Anchor (at the moment)
  • WQAM 12-2 PM radio show weekdays (with a former Dolphin)
  • Weekend NBC Sports Radio Show with Jordan Schultz.

It just depends. Maybe they move him back to sports? I don't know.

Well I think when they put Adam Kuperstein in evenings it was more of a oh bleep emergency move. Granted he is a decent anchor, and also he is cheap (compared to Jackie at least).

I don't think his deal with WQAM would prevent him in being anchor (although it is CBS Radio now owning it).

Adam Kuperstein's gigs:

• NBC 6 Main Anchor (at the moment)
  • WQAM 12-2 PM radio show weekdays (with a former Dolphin)
  • Weekend NBC Sports Radio Show with Jordan Schultz.

It just depends. Maybe they move him back to sports? I don't know.

If i'm not mistaken someone mentioned up thread why not have Adam & Trina anchor the entire 5 pm hour and Jawan & Jackie could anchor the 6 & 11 pm shows. Also rather then having the morning crew do the 11 am show, Adam & Trina could possibly also anchor the 11 am half hour.

That would sound like a plausible idea to have Adam & Trina do the 11AM show except for one little problem currently.

If Adam was to do that show, his time would be stretched even further with him having to go to Miramar than over to Miami Gardens (which is a 30 minute or so drive) and then to go right back to Miramar for 5 PM.

Not necessarily the best of situations there and depending on traffic.

Maybe I don't know, put him as the sports director or main sports anchor.

Just a thought process.

Today, KOTV announced that they are launching a weekend edition of its' morning newscast "Six In The Morning" starting April 4.

It will air for two hours on Saturdays from 8am-10am (CTM: Saturday will now before it from 6am-8am), and one hour on Sundays at 6am.

This makes KOTV the 3rd station in Tulsa to carry weekend morning news, after KJRH and KOKI. KTUL is probably not too far behind.

Following a third place finish in February sweeps, WDJT announced they will be expanding their locally produced programming.

They will launch an hour long 4pm newscast, anchored by Michelle McCormack and Bill Walsh, on March 30th. They will also launch a new 7am Sunday morning program, hosted by Mike Strehlow, on April 5th, appropriately called "CBS 58 Sunday Morning". Station Vice President and GM Mark Strachota says the show will be a "local companion to 'CBS Sunday Morning'."

They also included this photo of Strehlow in front of the "CBS 58 Sunday Morning" logo. I'm not entirely sure where it was taken, because it looks absolutely nothing like the rest of their studio. It's also possible it was shot in front of a green screen with a graphic added later.

b99465836z.1_20150320174001_000_g2jae14b.1-0.jpg

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/tvradio/wdjt-tv-adds-newscasts-at-4-pm-weekdays-sunday-mornings-b99465836z1-297082791.html

Kirk Clyatt at WVIR was apparently fired for speaking to the Charlottesville, WV city council urging them to stop celebrating Lee Jackson Day. The holiday is celebrated in Virginia on the Friday before Martin Luther King day. Apparently he's relief US news presenter for a few radio stations in Australia and provides commentary. WVIR hired him knowing he did commentary online and on radio but it appears speaking out at a city council meeting was too much. I assume they did not care about the Australian radio commentary because they figured no one would pay attention to Australian radio. I'm guessing there is something else that precipitated his firing.

http://wina.com/news/064460-recently-fired-weatherman-speaks-out/

Here's his blog entry: https://kirkclyatt.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/really-fired-for-speaking-to-city-council-about-a-confederate-holiday/

The audio of his speech: https://soundcloud.com/clyatt/what-i-did-said-that-so-upset-nbc29

As a side note WVIR was station number 38 he's worked at. A quick google search makes it appear he was fired from WBFF, WHP and WVIR.

Very sad news to report, and it is with a heavy heart that former longtime KABC weatherman Dr. George Fischbeck has passed away at the age of 92. TVNT want to offer our condolences

to the family of Dr. George, and his friends and colleagues at ABC 7 Eyewitness News.

Godspeed Dr. George.

http://abc7.com/news/dr-george-fischbeck-longtime-kabc-weatherman-dies/572407/

Kirk Clyatt at WVIR was apparently fired for speaking to the Charlottesville, WV city council urging them to stop celebrating Lee Jackson Day. The holiday is celebrated in Virginia on the Friday before Martin Luther King day. Apparently he's relief US news presenter for a few radio stations in Australia and provides commentary. WVIR hired him knowing he did commentary online and on radio but it appears speaking out at a city council meeting was too much. I assume they did not care about the Australian radio commentary because they figured no one would pay attention to Australian radio. I'm guessing there is something else that precipitated his firing.

http://wina.com/news/064460-recently-fired-weatherman-speaks-out/

Here's his blog entry: https://kirkclyatt.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/really-fired-for-speaking-to-city-council-about-a-confederate-holiday/

The audio of his speech: https://soundcloud.com/clyatt/what-i-did-said-that-so-upset-nbc29

As a side note WVIR was station number 38 he's worked at. A quick google search makes it appear he was fired from WBFF, WHP and WVIR.

If "Captain Kirk" got canned from WVIR, that's the end of his career, unless he succeds Emelie Boyles at KXGN in beautiful, picturesque, Glendive.

WVIR is like a rehab market for people who have done things that have gotten them canned elsewhere. Is David Rogers from WKYC and later WCBS still there?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic