Out & About

TexasTVNews

Now the real question is does Mike Marza keep going by Marza? Or does he revert back to Mike Marusarz which is his actual last name and which is what I believe he went by when he was still in Kansas City. He only switched to Marza after getting the gig in Miami.

It looks like sports isn't completely going away at WXIA....after checking Gannett's jobs page, WXIA is hiring a "Sports Multimedia Journalist." It is indicative of trends of making sports just another beat, but a puzzling move for a station in a place like Atlanta.

Wait, isn't Jeff Hullinger anchoring sports at 6 & 11PM on 11Alive in addition anchoring the 10PM News on WATL?

Wait, isn't Jeff Hullinger anchoring sports at 6 & 11PM on 11Alive in addition anchoring the 10PM News on WATL?

Yes, Jeff been doing double duty news & sports on 11 & WATL.

It would be ironic if she joined Fred over onto WGCL since she did used to work there 20 years ago.

I was wondering if she would jump ship back to 46 since she did work there, but in what capcity? Stephany & Co are trying to give 46 some identity. Let see how this will play out.

Newly hired news director Bill Lord of WUSA 9 News had announce that they'll be adding a weekend morning newscast on April 11th. Lord also say that they'll be more changes

affect the weekday and weekend mornings, and weekend evening newscasts.

James Hallman is assigned to be executive producer of Weekend Morning News in addition to his Monday through Friday EP role.

Mike Hydeck is assigned to weekend morning news anchor.

He will work three days a week on the Monday through Friday morning news in a sub-anchor role and will be a Noon anchor on a schedule TBA.

Erica Grow is assigned as a co-host and weather anchor for weekend morning news.

She will also have weekday morning and noon weather responsibilities on a schedule TBA.

Nick Giovanni is assigned as the weekday morning co-anchor with Andrea Roane.

Allyson Rae is assigned as the primary weather person on weekday mornings.

Surae Chinn is assigned as the early reporter of weekend morning news.

Howard Bernstein is assigned as the weather person on the weekend evening news.

He will also do noon and backup weather assignments and report on science issues from time to time.

Debra Alfarone is assigned as the weekend evening co-anchor with Bruce Johnson.

It appears Kevin Torres who was fired by KUSA a few weeks ago has been hired by the local Fox affiliate. He starts next week.

https://instagram.com/p/0MHAHTwU3t/?taken-by=kevintorresagram

a few weeks ago? was there no non-compete clause he had to live out, or were those "few weeks" it? How long ago was "a few weeks ago" anyway

WRC debuted a "new" "News 4 Midday" today (at least that's what they're referring to it as on social media). It seemed like Aaron Gilchrist and Barbara Harrison rotated standing at the video wall doing the news from commercial break to commercial break, with Angie Goff rotating reading news from the LiveDesk in the newsroom along with them. I wonder if Aaron and Angie are permanent, or it they will rotate along with Richard Jordan and Eun Yang. It was kind of a bit dizzying to watch. I guess it's their attempt to make it more fluffy and less newsy.

I wonder if this is part of bigger change-ups to come. If I recall correctly, I believe Jim Vance has said he'll semi-retire this year by stepping off the 11pm.

WRC debuted a "new" "News 4 Midday" today (at least that's what they're referring to it as on social media). It seemed like Aaron Gilchrist and Barbara Harrison rotated standing at the video wall doing the news from commercial break to commercial break, with Angie Goff rotating reading news from the LiveDesk in the newsroom along with them. I wonder if Aaron and Angie are permanent, or it they will rotate along with Richard Jordan and Eun Yang. It was kind of a bit dizzying to watch. I guess it's their attempt to make it more fluffy and less newsy.

I wonder if this is part of bigger change-ups to come. If I recall correctly, I believe Jim Vance has said he'll semi-retire this year by stepping off the 11pm.

Who do you think will get Veteran Jim Vance's job? Chris Lawrence, Shomari Stone, or Aaron Gilchrist? Some heavy hitters who would want the top job by a D.C. icon?

Who do you think will get Veteran Jim Vance's job? Chris Lawrence, Shomari Stone, or Aaron Gilchrist? Some heavy hitters who would want the top job by a D.C. icon?

I think there will be some shuffling. My bet would be on Chris Lawrence getting the 11pm. Once Jim Vance retires for good, I could see Jim Handly switching the 5pm for the 6pm, and Chris Lawrence picking up the 5pm. At that point, I think it would also make sense to shorten the 6pm to a half hour. Just my thoughts!

Shreveport native Leslie Spoon joins the WWL TV sports department, coming to the station from WFRV Green Bay. She will cover LSU and the Saints as well as anchor "Fourth Down Friday", the Friday and Saturday sportscasts and host "Inside Tulane Football With Curtis Johnson". She starts Friday.

... At that point, I think it would also make sense to shorten the 6pm to a half hour. Just my thoughts!

Why if they already air NBC Nightly News at 7:00 p.m. ? Plus, the other pre-emption they have is Days of our Lives at 12:00 Noon, instead of 1:00 p.m.

I think there will be some shuffling. My bet would be on Chris Lawrence getting the 11pm. Once Jim Vance retires for good, I could see Jim Handly switching the 5pm for the 6pm, and Chris Lawrence picking up the 5pm. At that point, I think it would also make sense to shorten the 6pm to a half hour. Just my thoughts!

I would think Chris Lawrence as well too, because I just don't seem him sitting on the weekends forever, but I don't think WRC would cut that 6pm from an hour to thirty minutes; that bread and butter for NBC. Just like Cox's mothership WSB will always keep that 6pm news an hour in house and have network at 7pm.

Break out your violins: KTXD Dallas's "The Broadcast" ended on Friday. The rumor is that other local programs on the station could face the ax soon.

It's about time. KTXD 47 has never been good in terms of local programming. if they seriously wanna be good, then a full (and traditional, unlike how WJZY started) news department would be in order.

KTXD has spectrum bait written all over it. I think it will go dark by the end of the year.

Didn't their parent just sell all their stations sans KTXD and KCEB? Makes you wonder if they spent all $215mil of that Gannett money...

I wonder if Gannett would want to come in and scoop up London completely and let operated TXD as a duop with WFAA...

Possible changes coming to NBC owned WTVJ in Miami:

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/3/18/anchor-shake-up-to-hit-miami-station

Basically it says moving Jawan Strader from mornings to evenings and hiring a new person to take over for the weekday mornings. No word on what will happen with current weeknight anchor Adam Kuperstein.

Didn't their parent just sell all their stations sans KTXD and KCEB? Makes you wonder if they spent all $215mil of that Gannett money...

I wonder if Gannett would want to come in and scoop up London completely and let operated TXD as a duop with WFAA...

Or how about Nexstar takes over KTXD (just a wishful thinking sugestion that's unlikely to happen)

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/3/18/anchor-shake-up-to-hit-miami-station

Basically it says moving Jawan Strader from mornings to evenings and hiring a new person to take over for the weekday mornings. No word on what will happen with current weeknight anchor Adam Kuperstein.

Wow. I didn't know what WTVJ was that bad in the evenings. They sound like they are in 3rd place since barely anybody watches WFOR. I guess its WSVN at #1 vs. WPLG at #2 for local news ratings in my home market.

Maybe CBS is pushing him out at channel 6 just like they did with Joe Rose? I don't think it's a surprise, it was bound to happen sooner or later.