Out & About

TexasTVNews

WMC-TV weekend anchor and reporter, Anna Marie Hartman, announced this evening that tonight is her last night at the station. She has accepted a new job at St Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Per [twitter]LaurenSquires[/twitter] on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/LaurenSquires/status/536666114412257280

Today was longtime WVEC weekend meteorologist Julie Wilcox's last day at the station

https://twitter.com/VARTV/status/536518283567333376

Classy lady; been watching her since she arrived way back in 2002. Her replacement has been named a few weeks back...

Also, here's the story on their website: http://www.13newsnow.com/videos/weather/2014/11/23/19442321/

Another Phoenix news anchor is out: Connie Colla' date=' currently at KNXV and one-time anchor at other stations (I know KPNX and somewhere in Philly), is going to start her own consulting firm.

What a week or two it's been in Phoenix. Can't recall this much instability in quite some time.

She was at WCAU. Fairly popular morning anchor.

At KTVK, another anchor out: Steve Ryan is leaving to become the main evening anchor at KVOA Tucson, replacing Tom McNamara.

Meanwhile, it looks like KPHO's Heather Moore will be crossing over to the vacancy left by Carey Peña. My goodness, this is the most anchor movement I can ever recall at once in years following TV out here.

And if that weren't enough, our favorite purveyor of Phoenix TV news material, Jim Heath, is returning to the Grand Canyon State from WBNS (destination unclear).

WHBQ weekend morning anchor & reporter Kristin Tallent announced her departure from the station Today. She is taking a job as Public Information Officer for the Shelby County, TN School District, which should ensure she remains regularly seen on Memphis television, but now across all stations.

Lawrence Karnow morning & noon meteorologist at San Francisco CBS owned station KPIX is reportedly out at the station:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/lawrence-karnow-reportedly-out-at-kpix_b134997

Supposedly replacing him is Roberta Gonzalez who had been the weeknight meteorologist but was demoted to weekends when Paul Deanno arrived a couple years back.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but Jim Kosek is leaving KCTV to be the new chief meteorologist down at WGCL. He's only been at KCTV for five months!

Someone posted it in the Markina Brown thread, but he apparently got the job because apparently the new ND who arrived in September had worked with him previously at KCTV and another station I believe.

Any word on why KUSI swapped "Good Morning San Diego" hosts? Lisa Remilard was the weekend anchor and is now with David Davis during the week. Brandi Williams was the weekday anchor and is not with Dan Plante on weekends.

Probably ratings. It happened towards the end of October, I thought that Brandi was on vacation but then I saw her on weekends and I figured they swapped places. Good change though, Lisa IMO is a lot more energetic/engaging and better to watch, while Brandi comes across as an airhead most of the time.

I don't know if this was already brought up, but Julie Gargotta announced recently on her Facebook page that she has left WGAL for a TV News gig in Orlando, though it was not mentioned which TV station she'll be working for. She'll be missed here in Central PA.

WILX in Lansing is losing lead anchor Jason Colthorp to WDIV Detroit where he will be an Anchor/Reporter. He has been with WILX since 2000. His last day at WILX is December 28 and he'll start at WDIV after the new year.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/01/jason-colthorp-leaving/19749083/

They have two new hires basically the same role (Kimberly Gill (reporter/anchor)). Are they adding a new 4p.m. show if they don't already have one or somebody major leaving.

They have two new hires basically the same role (Kimberly Gill (reporter/anchor)). Are they adding a new 4p.m. show if they don't already have one or somebody major leaving.

Good question. They have a 4pm show called "Local 4 News: First At 4" that has been on since 2007. It's a half hour show followed by Inside Edition and then comes the 5-630 news block. Where they are going with these two new hires I don't know although they do have a few folks that are in the twilights of their careers, including Carmen Harlan the lead female anchor at 5, 6 and 11 and Ruth Spencer at 4 (also the consumer reporter).

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic