Out & About

TexasTVNews

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I don't know where else to put this sad news.

Marianne Bannister's daughter, Claire Marie Wagonhurst, passed away October 16 at age 17 from melanoma. Marianne stated that her daughter developed the cancer as a result of hormonal changes caused by puberty. Claire was recently accepted into the University of Alabama and planned on attending the school next year.

I came across this news because I wondered why I haven't seen Marianne Bannister on WBFF lately. Her WBFF fan page hasn't had any updates since mid June. I assume she has been on leave since July.

My prayers are with her and her family during this difficult time.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/obituaries/bs-md-ob-claire-wagonhurst-20141020-story.html

Luken sign Retro TV and Rev'n (formerly known as My Car TV) affiliation deal to those stations to be owned by Landover5 LLC.

http://www.myretrotv.com/news/luken-and-mako-sign-major-affiliation-deal

" Rev'n " ?????

Couldn't they use a fuller word, like ' Revvin ' ? " Rev'n " looks too cumbersome for a network name to me.

You may not know that their website, kuqitv.com, is, uh, one of the greatest websites in television history.

It has a rather... understated design. It loads fast, though! ;)

Too bad it was designed in Word, though.

(It took me less than ten minutes to reduce 21.1 KB of Word-generated HTML to a lean, mean 716 bytes of well-formed HTML and CSS. It made for a fun exercise.)

We missed an approval of a station sale, of KUQI Corpus Christi. The debtor-in-possession High Maintenance Broadcasting has sold to Corpus 18, LLC. The sale is related to the debts, and Corpus 18 is comprised of the noteholders involved with High Maintenance and a related company, GH Broadcasting, which owned two low-power television stations. One carries MNTV and the other probably MundoFox.

You may recall that KUQI was the subject of a failed sale in 2012 under which it would have been combined with KIII in a shared services agreement. You may not know that their website, kuqitv.com, is, uh, one of the greatest websites in television history.

The most important stakeholders of Corpus 18 are Robert Behar (HERO Broadcasting; KBEH, KMOH-KEJR) and Prime Time Partners, which owns a series of MundoFox stations.

Will Corpus 18 flip KUQI to a Spanish network? If so, what will happen to FOX in Corpus Christi?

Of course, one or two of those subchannels would have to go, most likely MundoFOX if it moves to KUQI.

Pretty much.

KIII will need replacement programming for that subchannel if Mundo FOX moves to KUQI. Plus KUQI's English-language programming inventory will need to be sold off.

Pretty much.

KIII will need replacement programming for that subchannel if Mundo FOX moves to KUQI. Plus KUQI's English-language programming inventory will need to be sold off.

I could see KUQI terminating its contract with Fox just to get MundoFox, as odd as it sounds.

Here’s how I would do a subchannel shuffle in Corpus Christi:

KIII: 3.1 ABC (720p HD), 3.2 FOX (720p HD – move from KUQI), 3.3 MeTV (480i SD)

KRIS: 6.1 NBC (1080i HD), 6.2 Telemundo (720p HD – move from KZTV2), 6.3 Cozi TV (480i SD – move from KIII4)

KZTV: 10.1 CBS (1080i HD), 10.2 CW Plus (720p HD – move from KRIS2), 10.3 KDF (480i SD)

KUQI: 38.1 MundoFOX (720p HD – move from KIII3), 38.2 Retro TV (480i SD)

KTRK anchor Dave Ward to cut back on newscasts starting in January. Last day on the 10pm will be December 23. He marks 50 years at the ABC-owned station in 2016.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2014/11/dave-ward-to-only-anchor-ktrk-abc13s-6pm-newscast.html?m=1

Has Carson already been the de facto 5th member of the team at 10 and slipping right in, or is she being moved there with Ward's cutback?

Dunno where to put this, but I have NEVER seen a ratings book like this in Milwaukee (even though it's always been a competitive market). Only 0.4 ratings points separated #1 WTMJ and #4 WISN at 10pm in the October book.

http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/tighttvrace.html

And just as those numbers come out, it appears as if WDJT may have shot themselves in the foot with their story on pitbulls last night, which ignited a social media firestorm. I have never seen so many posts against a news station, calling them "biased", "idiots", and my personal favorite, "narrow minded inbreds".

It also sparked this image popping up all over Facebook.

10639350_10204915643628560_8737910816842967628_n.jpg?oh=fde4240ac846768e756ca553fd524264&oe=54F013A3

Ouch.

https://www.facebook.com/CBS58/posts_to_page

And here is the story:

http://www.cbs58.com/story/27349435/are-pit-bulls-a-dangerous-breed

The departures keeps coming at WGCL CBS46, this time their chief meteorologist Markina Brown is leaving this week. Her last day is Friday.

http://t.co/XUR1oUepi3

It be nice if Paul Ossmann would get the top job to be weather anchor for CBS 46 he would add a face that familiar in the market. After working at WAGA & WXIA.

It be nice if Paul Ossmann would get the top job to be weather anchor for CBS 46 he would add a face that familiar in the market. After working at WAGA & WXIA.

Not a big loss, I never cared much for Markina Brown anyway, I'm kinda surprised she stuck around for 4 years.

I agree, but if he doesn't get it, I wouldn't mind Jennifer Valdez getting promoted as her replacement. Speaking of departures, there's been a lot of them this year when it comes to the weather departments at all 4 stations (WSB, WAGA, WXIA, and WGCL) It seems like a domino effect.

EDIT: I just thought about this, I don't know if it's 100% certain that David Chandley will end up over at WAGA come the new year as the new Chief met, but if it isn't, is it possible he could end up over at WGCL instead?

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic