Out & About

TexasTVNews

What I notice the most about the change is that the NBC Peacock looks clearer, as well as the weather graphics. I'm hoping that you can notice it more once they switch over to the new graphics.

Meh - my tv is dead locked on WSOC so I never saw. I can't even tell you who their anchors are. I'll watch tonight at 11 however.

Cox has finally given KOKI their stamp of approval. Fox23.com now uses the layout all the other Cox stations use and additionally, they decided to rename the 10AM lifestyle show to "Tulsa Live" from "Great Day Green Country". That also got new graphics getting rid of the Newport-era look for that show.

Now, all they need to do is move away from the Clear Channel complex and they'll be set. I still find it kind of odd they're in the same building as their competitor. Cox also owns radio stations in Tulsa so that's what makes it interesting. The radio stations are located separately from the TV stations. Furthermore, KC Lupp, the co-host of Tulsa Live, is a DJ for Clear Channel's KMOD. It gets even weirder because DJs from Cox radio station frequently appear on Tulsa Live.

Jacksonville also suffers from the same situation, being in the same building as their competitor with the radio stations located separately across town.

¡Más noticieros! KBLR, the Telemundo O&O in Las Vegas, once again has a local newscast that's produced in Vegas. The weeknight shows debuted last night and replaced a newscast produced from Phoenix. The new newscast uses KSNV facilities because KBLR does not have the space or equipment to produce a local newscast.

The anchors are Beatriz Moncayo, former correspondent for NTN24, and Leticia Castro, who transferred from KTMD Houston. The news director is Xochitl Sandoval, who has worked at KBLR in sales and marketing for the past seven years. Her career has included being an EP at the Dallas news hub as well as being news director at KXTX.

WDSU weekend evening anchor/reporter Rachel Wulff has left the station as of June 29. She opted to not renew her contract and may be looking to start a home renovation business with her husband.

Casey Ferrand, Gina Swanson or Blake Hanson to step up?

Longtime feature reporter Darwin Singleton has been promoted to morning anchor at WPMI.

http://lagniappemobile.com/singleton-promoted-morning-anchor/

He replaces another WPMI veteran, Pat Greenwood, who is leaving WPMI at the end of the month to take a position with the University of South Alabama's athletics department.

WDSU weekend evening anchor/reporter Rachel Wulff has left the station as of June 29. She opted to not renew her contract and may be looking to start a home renovation business with her husband.

Casey Ferrand, Gina Swanson or Blake Hanson to step up?

Isn't Blake Hanson moving to WSOC?

Jane Park has joined WXYZ in Detroit as a reporter, she came from WEYI Flint/Saginaw.

Alexis Means has also joined WXYZ as a weekend reporter while remaining at WTOL Toledo during the week.

WXYZ Chief Meteorologist Dave Rexroth will be off the air until September while he recovers from a fireworks accident in Iowa on Friday that caused him to lose his left eye and need several surgeries to receive a prosthetic.

NPG now owns virtual duopolies in quite a few markets: Idaho Falls, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Mid-Missouri and Bend, Oregon.

Oh no. I stopped in Palm Springs on my way back from Disneyland and the newscasts I watched (KESQ at 6, KPSP at 6:30 and KDFX at 10) had the EXACT same stories. (It was on the weekend, but still.) I can just imagine what this will mean to news in the Desert Southwest...

And BTW, the Palmer News Package sounds AWFUL on KESQ. It's one of my favorites, but it doesn't mix at all with the NPG GFX.

It is better than KMIR though.

After 18 years as lead morning anchor Alan Lee is leaving WJBK's Fox 2 News Morning to be an Author. His last day is July 31st, he joined WJBK in 1996. This will weaken WJBK's morning show significantly, there may actually be a morning race now with 2nd place WXYZ.

former channel 9 KMBC morning weather man Joel Nichols officially started today on channel 41 KSHB as the new co-host of their disastrous struggling painful-to-watch morning talk/lifestyle show Kansas City Live.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/tv/article683616.html

You never know. Maybe Joel Nichols is what that program needs. Seems like KSHB is profiting off of KMBC's fall from grace.

In Mobile/Pensacola, WKRG sweeps all of the time periods in May, followed by WALA, WEAR and WPMI.

WALA was 2nd for most time periods, except for 5pm where WEAR came in 2nd.

WEAR was 3rd for all time periods except for 5pm, and WPMI was dead last in all time periods, some by a WIDE margin.

http://lagniappemobile.com/may-sweeps-show-wkrg-looking-strong/

(It's not mentioned what demos these may be, but they're probably household numbers)

Also mentioned is that Blake Brown has left WKRG as a reporter, and elected not to renew his contract.

You never know. Maybe Joel Nichols is what that program needs. Seems like KSHB is profiting off of KMBC's fall from grace.

That's quite the understatement on both fronts. They have Bracco, the man that helped to create KMBC's decades of dominance, running the station now.

Chris Wright who has been freelancing this year at WXIA in Atlanta and WTHR Indy where he had been Chief Meteorologist from 1999-2013 will join WXYZ as a temporary meteorologist while Chief Meteorologist Dave Rexroth heals from his fireworks accident.

• rkolsen pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • rkolsen locked this topic
  • rkolsen unlocked and pinned this topic