Hearst DC Bureau Virtual Set

rkolsen

Over the past few days I’ve noticed some hits from the Hearst Washington Bureau has come from a new set. I at first thought it was just a chroma key backdrop but I’ve since been told it’s going to be a virtual set.  The set will have multiple cameras, with various areas and will be fairly large. 

0FB59842-C58E-4C7C-A47D-8DEE6CD4AE46.thumb.jpeg.b7e89bc290a9fe6b357d18d09cdb5922.jpeg

Ugly.

The Minecraft D.C. bureau I guess. I can’t wait to see how many times they put the wrong station logo in the backdrop.  There’s too much going on in the background and it doesn’t even match the graphics well.  I usually like Hearst’s stuff, but this just looks silly.

Keep in mind this is just one portion. Also as Americans we want virtual sets to look like hard sets where the point of virtual is to do whatever you want. So until the whole thing is revealed I reserve my judgement. 

Archived