Cubs leaving NBC Sports Chicago, starting own network (link corrected!)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would be down for an update from the Terrorism Alert Desk after the postgame show, just for kicks. 

It's  marquee As in this thing:

Ah, I can hear it now: "Oh, golly no, we don't have a deal with those pesky Sinclair types, no way no how.  Those would be circumstances a bit too shady.  No, we have a deal in place with... er... Cun

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the regular season and quick postseason appearance in the past, Marquee has announced a partnership with the Chicago Bears. In this arrangement, a weekly wrap-up show will be followed by an edited rebroadcast of the last week's game.

https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/marquee-sports-network-announces-partnership-with-chicago-bears/

Bear-Essentials-FINAL-WEB-1920x1080-1-15

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Spring Rubber said:

Cubs play-by-play Len Kasper abruptly resigned today and joined the White Sox radio booth. I wonder if Marquee is at the root of his reasons for leaving.

Perhaps Marquee's style didn't gel with Len's, making this decision easier, but hearing interviews in past years and today, I feel like this opportunity was just too convenient. He's said that radio is his first love, and an opening like this in the city where he's laid roots was too good to pass up. I'm inclined to believe him.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

There’s a new scorebug on Marquee.

303F2E5A-404C-4F9C-A286-9F8239910B4E.jpeg

Wow, surprised to see this considering the design that just rolled out on the Bally networks. I guess they're trying to keep the two looks as separate as possible. I like the simplicity and clearness of this score bug.

24 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Wow, surprised to see this considering the design that just rolled out on the Bally networks. I guess they're trying to keep the two looks as separate as possible. I like the simplicity and clearness of this score bug.

The Athletic had an article about Marquee's second season earlier in the week, and it mentioned that the scorebug was moved because viewers complained about it last year.

Very late to this, but Pat Hughes, Chris Myers, and Beth Mowins will be among the backup play-by-play announcers when Jon Sciambi is on ESPN duty.

Edited by Georgie56