Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
newsbot

Cubs leaving NBC Sports Chicago, starting own network (link corrected!)

Posted (edited)

The Cubs' decision to start their own network has set in motion a new deal that will make NBC Sports Chicago the exclusive home to ALL White Sox, Bulls, and Blackhawks games starting next fall. WGN Sports is all but dead.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nbc-sports-chicago-announces-new-deal-with-white-sox-bulls-and-blackhawks-503802931.html

Edited by 24994J

WGN TV  removed CUBS baseball from the SUPERSTATION in 2015. CUBS could do the same with WGN TV in 2020.  Too bad.

17 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/02/13/cubs-sinclair-announce-marquee-sports-network-today/

It's official today. Sinclair is indeed the Cubs' partner in this venture. Sounds like the rumors were 100% accurate on this one.

There are people right now on Twitter thinking that Boris Epshteyn is going to be aired on Marquee. SMH.

Edited by Georgie56

52 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

There are people right now on Twitter thinking that Boris Epshteyn is going to be aired on Marquee. SMH.

And they would be morons.

11 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Not only that but also they've basically boycotted the Cubs because of this decision. As much as I'm a Cardinals fan (and I despise the Cubs btw) I would tell those "fans" to go find something else they enjoy or go become a White Sox fan. I wouldn't take those "fans" that boycott teams for stupid reasons, myself. Another thing to note if those Cubs "fans" would even care to look at is that Chris Ripley said that there will be ZERO must runs during the Cubs games. So there's that.

With that said, Go Cardinals!

• Like 2

Cubs president of business operations Crain Kenney has done interviews today, and he suggested that Marquee might not cost extra on cable tiers, that NBC Sports Chicago and WGN-TV might command less from the cable companies, one without the Cubs, the other without any sports at all. Most matters with Sinclair have been settled, but carriage is still being negotiated.

3 hours ago, 24994J said:

Cubs president of business operations Crain Kenney has done interviews today, and he suggested that Marquee might not cost extra on cable tiers, that NBC Sports Chicago and WGN-TV might command less from the cable companies, one without the Cubs, the other without any sports at all. Most matters with Sinclair have been settled, but carriage is still being negotiated.

That's an encouraging sign if the Cubs and Sinclair want this Marquee network to be successful and not be riddled with problems Spectrum still faces with SportsNet LA

Kenney did say that they've contacted the Dodgers and Astros staffs that have had a ton of hiccups with their networks, trying to make up for their failures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 24994J said:

Kenney did say that they've contacted the Dodgers and Astros staffs that have had a ton of hiccups with their networks, trying to make up for their failures.

They must've done their homework then...