Cubs leaving NBC Sports Chicago, starting own network (link corrected!)

newsbot

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the regular season and quick postseason appearance in the past, Marquee has announced a partnership with the Chicago Bears. In this arrangement, a weekly wrap-up show will be followed by an edited rebroadcast of the last week's game.

https://www.marqueesportsnetwork.com/marquee-sports-network-announces-partnership-with-chicago-bears/

Bear-Essentials-FINAL-WEB-1920x1080-1-15

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Spring Rubber said:

Cubs play-by-play Len Kasper abruptly resigned today and joined the White Sox radio booth. I wonder if Marquee is at the root of his reasons for leaving.

Perhaps Marquee's style didn't gel with Len's, making this decision easier, but hearing interviews in past years and today, I feel like this opportunity was just too convenient. He's said that radio is his first love, and an opening like this in the city where he's laid roots was too good to pass up. I'm inclined to believe him.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

There’s a new scorebug on Marquee.

303F2E5A-404C-4F9C-A286-9F8239910B4E.jpeg

Wow, surprised to see this considering the design that just rolled out on the Bally networks. I guess they're trying to keep the two looks as separate as possible. I like the simplicity and clearness of this score bug.

24 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Wow, surprised to see this considering the design that just rolled out on the Bally networks. I guess they're trying to keep the two looks as separate as possible. I like the simplicity and clearness of this score bug.

The Athletic had an article about Marquee's second season earlier in the week, and it mentioned that the scorebug was moved because viewers complained about it last year.

• 10 months later...

The fact that Sinclair is getting THAT desperate to get everybody in MLB, NBA and NHL involved with their DTC app should send alarm bells across the 3 leagues that their precious revenue from the local TV deals is getting to the point where it's in serious peril.

I'm not even convinced that MLB would sign off on any deal because clearly Rob Manfred doesn't really like Sinclair and Major League Baseball wants to be the one who's in control of the DTC platform, not the individual teams.

Archived