Cubs leaving NBC Sports Chicago, starting own network (link corrected!)

newsbot

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Marquee has been cleared on Hulu's Live TV lineup.

It's still haven't been cleared on Comcast systems, and the network is launching on Saturday.

As a CUBS fan I live in South Dakota, I wish Marquee would be on Sat or Cable here. I know it goes by Zip code and if you live in Indiana, Iowa, or Southern Wisconsin..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Graphics look pretty clean.

Screenshot_20200222-194228_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-194225_Chrome.jpg

Graphics looks pretty nice I'm sure it'll be a big adjustment for viewers seeing the scoreboard graphic at the bottom of the screen and without an on-screen network bug instead of at the top with the network bug shown like what it was in previous.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FSNs and maybe the YES Network follow Marquee's lead and adopt a similar package for baseball regardless if Sinclair rebrands the FSNs by Opening Day or not.

5 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Graphics looks pretty nice I'm sure it'll be a big adjustment for viewers seeing the scoreboard graphic at the bottom of the screen and without an on-screen network bug instead of at the top with the network bug shown like what it was in previous.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FSNs and maybe the YES Network follow Marquee's lead and adopt a similar package for baseball regardless if Sinclair rebrands the FSNs by Opening Day or not.

This was lifted from an MLB.TV stream. They typically edit out top-of-the-screen bugs or tickers (except on the NBC Sports regionals for some reason). Pretty sure Marquee is using an on-screen bug.

As someone who's had to watch the Blue Jays, I'm used to having a scoreboard along the bottom (though Sportsnet switched to a corner box last season). They seem to have some of the WGN "DNA" here and there.

Also judging from pictures on Twitter, ticker but no bug. The ticker is bright silver too, which is a bit worrisome.

1 minute ago, Georgie56 said:

This was lifted from an MLB.TV stream. They typically don't include any top-of-the-screen bugs or tickers. Pretty sure Marquee is using an on-screen bug.

Ah. Gotcha maybe someone from the area watching the game will have a screenshot of what the on-screen bug looks like

16 minutes ago, ehatt493 said:

According to Matt Sarzyniak's College Sports Website, Marquee will be (along with FOX Sports Ohio) simulcasting the Dayton/George Mason basketball game tonight (Tuesday, Feb. 25) from Stadium. Noticing that Sinclair has started doing this more and more with the FSNs and, imo, should try to do it whenever possible on the FSNs.

I think generally speaking that will be the trend across all of the sports rights Sinclair has. I wonder if Marquee can tap the nearby FSNs (e.g. Wisconsin, Indiana) to have the Cubs games simulcasted on those channels in especially in certain area that don't have Marquee but have the FSN nearby

7 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

I think generally speaking that will be the trend across all of the sports rights Sinclair has. I wonder if Marquee can tap the nearby FSNs (e.g. Wisconsin, Indiana) to have the Cubs games simulcasted on those channels in especially in certain area that don't have Marquee but have the FSN nearby

I feel like this would be an issue with MLB anywhere that's not deemed "Cubs" territory by MLB blackout rules. For example, I don't think they'd be able to tap into the FS Winconsin Brewers market, would they?

4 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

I feel like this would be an issue with MLB anywhere that's not deemed "Cubs" territory by MLB blackout rules. For example, I don't think they'd be able to tap into the FS Winconsin Brewers market, would they?

There are I think a couple of counties in Wisconsin that border Illinois that would be worth tapping Fox Sports Wisconsin for as there is overlap between the Brewers and Cubs in that area in terms of the blackouts.

Either way do not expect Cubs games to air on Fox Sports Wisconsin to air Cubs games in Miwaukee in the same way you won't see Marquee air Brewers games in Chicago (they might air them in parts of Northeastern Iowa but certainly not in Chicagoland)

7 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

Why do I get this feeling the MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK name will be replacing Fox Sports [name of city]

You shouldn't. The name and logo are very Chicago Cubs-centric. They're both nods to Wrigley Field. They're more likely to be branded to align with Stadium than anything else.

Could you imagine how a Cardinals fan would react to having to watch their games on a network branded in a Cubs motif? 😄

4 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

Why do I get this feeling the MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK name will be replacing Fox Sports [name of city]

The logo, font, coloring, and entire branded look is too distinctly Cubs. Better chance that the Stadium brand rolls out to the FSNs.

• 3 months later...

The MLB season is back on for 60 games starting July 24th if COVID-19 doesn't put a stop to it. Time for Xfinity to start negotiating with Marquee again? Or will they let this year go in hopes of a 2021 players' strike that allows them to hold off on carriage for a long time?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-players-agree-to-report-for-60-game-2020-season-opening-day-to-be-set-for-july-24/

2 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

The MLB season is back on for 60 games starting July 24th if COVID-19 doesn't put a stop to it. Time for Xfinity to start negotiating with Marquee again? Or will they let this year go in hopes of a 2021 players' strike that allows them to hold off on carriage for a long time?

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-players-agree-to-report-for-60-game-2020-season-opening-day-to-be-set-for-july-24/

The CBA ends after the 2021 season. If there's a strike or a lockout, it would affect the 2022 season, not 2021. Next year will be a full season, assuming things are OK as far as the pandemic, of course.

1 hour ago, CubsFan79 said:

Fubo TV has added ESPN/ABC/DISNEY. Will ABC be  on FUBO in my area. I live in the SIoux Falls TV market.

It depends, I wonder whether Sinclair will allow Fubo to add in RSNs back.

Archived