Nexstar to acquire Tribune

CircleSeven

On 5/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, TexasTVNews said:

What about the chance for an NBA team or an NFL team in Raleigh (In which I know it's a way off).

Zero chances not necessarily cause of the Hornets but because of the Panthers regionalism plus college takes mist of the suites, and Corparate support, and ticket, and TV Market. For college football and Basketball they both if there was an NFL and NBA team would have to compete for very hard with those revenues and survive and be competitive which is to much money for an owner. That why MLB and MLS would work here.

10 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

No way. The Triangle is ACC country.

If we’re being honest this whole thread really should be put out to pasture...the FTS/Nexstar station swap was never given its own thread and has gone WAY off topic.

It ain't always ACC country, were talking about the off-season which MLS and MLB with minor conflict. That why Raleigh wants them badly. Just no Corparate or Billionaire owner interest at the moment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Working4You said:

Seems like WREG is having "renovations" done according to Tim Simpson their Chief Meteorologist. Not sure if this means they are getting a new set or not from their new corporate owner Nexstar. 

976297063_ScreenShot2020-05-29at7_24_58AM.thumb.png.85379b16f6862e1055afdf70300c2bdb.png

I'm thinking it's probably going to be WREG getting a new set. But we'll see

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

It ain't always ACC country, were talking about the off-season which MLS and MLB with minor conflict. That why Raleigh wants them badly. Just no Corparate or Billionaire owner interest at the moment.

It is ACC basketball country, I was responding to your  idea of the Hornets moving to Raleigh

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

I'm thinking it's probably going to be WREG getting a new set. But we'll see

It looks like Ntexstarization is underway at WREG, I see the CBS Graphics in their future.

4 hours ago, Working4You said:

Seems like WREG is having "renovations" done according to Tim Simpson their Chief Meteorologist. Not sure if this means they are getting a new set or not from their new corporate owner Nexstar. 

976297063_ScreenShot2020-05-29at7_24_58AM.thumb.png.85379b16f6862e1055afdf70300c2bdb.png

I was wondering why the weather center was in a different location this morning.

9 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

It is ACC basketball country, I was responding to your  idea of the Hornets moving to Raleigh

It’s possible it did happen 90s when building PNC arena there was talk from then owner a George Shinn but It didn’t sit well for you guys. For some reason Raleigh having an NBA team bothers you guys when it has nothing to do with you city and you have a team which stinks in the rankings. But PNC arena wasn’t sitting well being built was solely for the NC State team was not sitting well so the Wake County leaders said let’s attract a pro team. Shinn was interested but like I said you guys weren’t okay with it so Peter Karmanos saved the day after stadium plans fell out in Hartford and he relocated the team to Raleigh. But I think there could be two NBA team in the triangle if it were for a College cause y’all suck hornets stink.

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

It’s possible it did happen 90s when building PNC arena there was talk from then owner a George Shinn but It didn’t sit well for you guys. For some reason Raleigh having an NBA team bothers you guys when it has nothing to do with you city and you have a team which stinks in the rankings. But PNC arena wasn’t sitting well being built was solely for the NC State team was not sitting well so the Wake County leaders said let’s attract a pro team. Shinn was interested but like I said you guys weren’t okay with it so Peter Karmanos saved the day after stadium plans fell out in Hartford and he relocated the team to Raleigh. But I think there could be two NBA team in the triangle if it were for a College cause y’all suck hornets stink.

I didn’t know that. But I think the NHL in Raleigh and the NBA in Charlotte is a good balance. I just think a Raleigh NBA team would be overshadowed by Carolina, State, and Duke basketball. 

Archived