Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
CircleSeven

Nexstar to acquire Tribune

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

 

Interesting... Is Nexstar planning to bring back a KWGN-specific website?

 

That would be up to GM Joan Barrett. She was the one who consolidated everything under one website. It's unlikely that KWGN will receive it's own website unless Joan leaves (which we can only hope) and a new GM decides to move the stations in a different direction, or KDVR and KWGN are decoupled which could be more beneficial for the growing Denver market.

 

A few things about this change to point out: KWGN.com doesn't redirect to the new KDVR.com. Before the Nexstar hosted website, there was a DNS record to redirect KWGN traffic to KDVR.com. Now, KWGN.com redirects to the former Word Press subdomain (Alias KDVR.com): localtvkdvr.wordpress.com

 

If you want to see the former KWGN website, the 'people' in the Denver Duop IT department didn't restrict the KWGN website when they created the DNS CName record redirecting the URL to KDVR.com. KWGN is still live,  though in a hibernated state here: localtvkwgn.wordpress.com

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

That would be up to GM Joan Barrett. She was the one who consolidated everything under one website. It's unlikely that KWGN will receive it's own website unless Joan leaves (which we can only hope) and a new GM decides to move the stations in a different direction, or KDVR and KWGN are decoupled which could be more beneficial for the growing Denver market.

 

A few things about this change to point out: KWGN.com doesn't redirect to the new KDVR.com. Before the Nexstar hosted website, there was a DNS record to redirect KWGN traffic to KDVR.com. Now, KWGN.com redirects to the former Word Press subdomain (Alias KDVR.com): localtvkdvr.wordpress.com

 

If you want to see the former KWGN website, the 'people' in the Denver Duop IT department didn't restrict the KWGN website when they created the DNS CName record redirecting the URL to KDVR.com. KWGN is still live,  though in a hibernated state here: localtvkwgn.wordpress.com

 

Truly fascinating to see that KWGN site...frozen in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

 

Truly fascinating to see that KWGN site...frozen in time.

I’ll say...from fall 2016 https://localtvkwgn.wordpress.com/2016/10/02/broncos-thump-buccaneers-27-7-after-long-weather-delay-improve-to-4-0/

 

If you keep clicking on “Load More Stories” I’m sure you’ll come across the article about the Broncos opening day win over the Panthers ...no thanks...and I’ll especially pass on the article about Super Bowl 50 

 

 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, CircleSeven said:

 

The parties just filed the paperwork last month (11/20). So it's probably going to take some time until they get the greenlight from both the DOJ & FCC.

Check this out y'all. How the hell did I missed this?

 

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

 

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Check this out y'all. How the hell did I missed this?

 

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

 

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

 

So what you're saying is that WJZY/WMYT are now owned by Nexstar while KCPQ/KZJO and WITI are now owned by FOX TS? I know it probably hasn't closed yet, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

So what you're saying is that WJZY/WMYT are now owned by Nexstar while KCPQ/KZJO and WITI are now owned by FOX TS? I know it probably hasn't closed yet, but still...

Nope. As of now, the Charlotte duo are still Fox O&Os, while the Milwaukee & Seattle properties are still owned by Nexstar.

 

And it'll stay that way until the deal is officlally closed.

 

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Nope. As of now, the Charlotte duo are still Fox O&Os, while the Milwaukee & Seattle properties are still owned by Nexstar.

 

And it'll stay that way until the deal is officlally closed.

 

 

Does the FCC have to approve the deal with WJZY/WMYT seperately?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Check this out y'all. How the hell did I missed this?

 

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

 

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

Which ironically happens to be the EXACT SAME DAY WJZY got the new Fox O&O graphics. I remember because it was the day after MLK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Which ironically happens to be the EXACT SAME DAY WJZY got the new Fox O&O graphics. I remember because it was the day after MLK.

I'm surprised that Fox took the time to update WJZY's graphics with the sale pending. Nexstar hasn't updated either KCPQ or WITI's websites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheRyan said:

 

Does the FCC have to approve the deal with WJZY/WMYT seperately?  

All three applications related to this transaction were greenlighted together.

20 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Nexstar was going to sell more TV station to Fox along with Fox giving Nexstar some TV stations as well. I guess that isn't going to happen maybe but I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, CircleSeven said:

Check this out y'all. How the hell did I missed this?

 

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

 

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

Well this is interesting...now when you click on these links that said the station trade was green lighted...you get this for all stations

1D46EBD8-5922-449E-BC65-557DD6C22BB3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Well this is interesting...now when you click on these links that said the station trade was green lighted...you get this for all stations

 

I suspect that just means that the content that was linked to was only temporary content, not static content.

 

Edit: for example, here's the "Assignment of License" for WITI from WITI License, LLC to Fox Television Stations, LLC:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1814466

(I think that link won't expire, but I can't be 100%)

 

It shows that it was granted on 1/21, but not yet consummated. 

Edited by LoadStar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoadStar said:

I suspect that just means that the content that was linked to was only temporary content, not static content.

 

Edit: for example, here's the "Assignment of License" for WITI from WITI License, LLC to Fox Television Stations, LLC:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1814466

(I think that link won't expire, but I can't be 100%)

 

It shows that it was granted on 1/21, but not yet consummated. 

It’s back now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to guess there was likely something wrong with the FCC website displaying the information there's probably nothing to that.

 

But I do wonder what's the hold-up here between Nexstar and Fox from closing the deal? Is there something that's preventing the two companies from completing the deal or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Well this is interesting...now when you click on these links that said the station trade was green lighted...you get this for all stations

1D46EBD8-5922-449E-BC65-557DD6C22BB3.png

The links do work. It'll sometime say "Not Found" when you first click it. You just have to refresh the browser a couple of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

If I had to guess there was likely something wrong with the FCC website displaying the information there's probably nothing to that.

 

But I do wonder what's the hold-up here between Nexstar and Fox from closing the deal? Is there something that's preventing the two companies from completing the deal or what?

 

Nexstar would have consummated the swap within 30 days of the actions similar to how Sinclair takes over instantaneously via a LMA.  It's all on Fox (who is having 2nd thoughts about the Charlotte divestiture) is holding it up.  I'm just going to sit and watch because something is really up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jero23 said:

 

Nexstar would have consummated the swap within 30 days of the actions similar to how Sinclair takes over instantaneously via a LMA.  It's all on Fox (who is having 2nd thoughts about the Charlotte divestiture) is holding it up.  I'm just going to sit and watch because something is really up here.

Do you have inside information about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Do you have inside information about this?

 

Check the Speculatron thread on Nexstar-Tribune merger as I further elaborate there on what exactly I have heard being said about Fox involving the Charlotte stations along with others. 

 

 

Edited by jero23
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 4:48 AM, CircleSeven said:

Nope. As of now, the Charlotte duo are still Fox O&Os, while the Milwaukee & Seattle properties are still owned by Nexstar.

 

And it'll stay that way until the deal is officlally closed.

 

The deal closed today so after years of going after KCPQ, Fox now officially owns the station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brien Blakley just announced the sale at the end of the WJZY 6:00 news.

 

That Fox 46 logo does not go with the Nexstar logo at all...

F64328AB-99AC-40B4-AA3F-C38E03C1F77E.jpeg

Edited by Nelson R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WITI wasted no time de-Nexstarizing; the copyright at the end was the traditional copyright L3 followed by weather deck sponsorship on the bottom line, no video. Directly 'Fox Television Stations Inc.' rather than the 'NW Communications Milwaukee' of the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Brien Blakley just announced the sale at the end of the WJZY 6:00 news.

 

That Fox 46 logo does not go with the Nexstar logo at all...

F64328AB-99AC-40B4-AA3F-C38E03C1F77E.jpeg


It's not supposed to! You're not supposed to have any supers up during a slate or open. Flippin amateurs.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ABC 7 Denver said:


It's not supposed to! You're not supposed to have any supers up during a slate or open. Flippin amateurs.

Apparently, somebody in the control room at WJZY forgot to remove the bug before the Nexstar close....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do they need to drop the bug during the Nexstar sequence?  To me it's a non-issue.  The bug doesn't conflict with the Nexstar logo.

 

(Glad to see WJZY join Nexstar, btw.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.